View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 J-E-T-S spell trouble for Dolphins fans 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post J-E-T-S spell trouble for Dolphins fans
Quote:
On Sunday afternoon, the Road to the South Florida’s Super Bowl turned into the kind of nightmare every Dolphins fan immediately should turn away from and, unfortunately, can’t.

It was tough enough, with Minnesota celebrating, that TV analyst Troy Aikman said, “What a job that Rick Spielman has done assembling this Minnesota roster. It really is remarkable when you look at the younger players he added through the draft and free agency.”

Yep, that Rick Spielman. The former Dolphins general manager is one win from returning in the Super Bowl. Which is stranger, John Daly skinny or Rick Spielman smart?

That was the appetizer to Sunday’s worst news: The Jets aren’t just still alive. They’re blessed.

The only question left is whether the Jets go all the way and take over the Dolphins’ headquarters. The AFC team typically sets up camp there. But, whoever comes, this Super Bowl matchup has the chance to send local fans into therapy.

Saints-Colts, anyone?

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: J-E-T-S spell trouble for Dolphins fans
God help us all if the Jets get in the SB, much less win it. That they are in the ACFC Game makes me want to puke. If Indy doesn't stomp them by at least 2 scores, I'll be pissed. They need to end their story tale playoff run by being stomped in to the ground. I want Jet fans to feel pain.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

A little part of me died last night...

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Well Indy laid down and essentially dug their own grave. The Jets should have no trouble beating them, they can run the ball like no others, control the clock and trust their defense to shut down Manning...

I have no issue with that, Miami choked it up the last 3 weeks. That spot could have been ours, but they didn't play for it. If it was a tie or some technicality that got te Jets over us I'd be sore, but its not.

NY cant beat either team in the NFC as far as I see it....

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If you recall choking up the clock does little against Manning. He holds the record for winning a game with the shortest time of possesion at 14:53. Who was that against again?

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:27 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
Well Indy laid down and essentially dug their own grave. The Jets should have no trouble beating them

Are you serious? Give Ryan credit for having a well-coached defense. He went from zone in the first half to man-to-man in the 2nd half. Nice adjustment. But it took an act of God to get them into the playoffs (Colts/Bengals laid down and let them win). Then yesterday Nate Kaeding, who had an NFL Record 69 straight conversions 40 yards or less, miss a 36 yarder and a 40 yarder. I wouldn't count the 57 yarder.

I think it will take luck again to beat the Colts, but Jets fans have to be happy ... someone is definitely looking out for them.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Manning eats the blitz alive. Should be a good matchup...

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Sooo, we beat the jests twice, had the colts beat, had the saints beat, and made brett favre looks stupid in NY last year. DAMNIT MAN!

:cry:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:10 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Two words...Norv Turner. How many times did Turner run the ball on first down in the first 3 quarters? Rivers was slicing the secondary apart when he was given an opportunity to throw on first down. Forcing the run when it wasn't working was what killed SD. That and two FG's I could've made.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:39 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If the Jets beat the Colts I might have to shoot myself in the face....TWICE!!!! :cry:

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:12 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Ski_Money wrote:
If you recall choking up the clock does little against Manning. He holds the record for winning a game with the shortest time of possesion at 14:53. Who was that against again?

Your comparing the 24th ranked passing defense of the Fins to the you know whos # 1 ranked pass D......

Cant really say that Manning is going to light up the Jets secondary like he did us....

I would love for nothing more then to see the Jets crushed.....

But I have expected it for two weeks now, and they dont look like they are going to slow down..

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They will. Manning is an OC that can throw. He'll shread em up.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

10acjed wrote:
Well Indy laid down and essentially dug their own grave....

Grave? The number 1 seed that just bashed the Ravens? Ray Rice had a few bursts in there, but didn't make 100 yards. Didn't score. He's pretty good. Manning and the Colts dominated the clock, not the run-oriented Ravens. Though I despise the Jets, and some of my hatred for the Colts has faded since they left the division, I don't think the Jets are going to go in there and do much of anything. Where Indy laid down was in resting their starters in the next-to-last game. This gave the Jets an easy win, which they followed with an easy win the following week when Cincy rested theirs. While teams in contention like Miami, Houston, Tennessee and Pittsburgh were having brutal, incredible games against each other for survival, the Jets got a free pass.

10acjed wrote:
I have no issue with that, Miami choked it up the last 3 weeks. That spot could have been ours, but they didn't play for it. If it was a tie or some technicality that got the Jets over us I'd be sore, but its not.

We played our asses off. We simply were not good enough to win with the personnel we had. Remove a Ferguson and an Allen and a Brown, and we were good enough to compete but not dominate. It's actually a relief of sorts, because at least we know now that losing Penny doesn't spell disaster (which each of us feared to some extent before this season started).

10acjed wrote:
NY cant beat either team in the NFC as far as I see it....

I don't think they can beat any of the three remaining teams.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
If the Jets beat the Colts I might have to shoot myself in the face....TWICE!!!! :cry:

That might be an amazing feat....if it happens, let us know if you succeed.

But really. I'm done watching football if it's the Jets vs the Vikings.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Honestly, I'm happy for the Jets. They did it in a very similar fashion to the way we play (when we actually want to play). Nothing flashy, just good D and a nice run game to set up Sanchez.

We had all the opportunity in the world to get in the play offs and keep them out..so if they make it to South Florida for the super bowl, maybe Rex can stop by and say thanks to Sparano and company for laying down the way they did.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:34 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

fonzy wrote:
Honestly, I'm happy for the Jets. They did it in a very similar fashion to the way we play (when we actually want to play). Nothing flashy, just good D and a nice run game to set up Sanchez.

We had all the opportunity in the world to get in the play offs and keep them out..so if they make it to South Florida for the super bowl, maybe Rex can stop by and say thanks to Sparano and company for laying down the way they did.

BANNED :ann0y:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

lol...don't get me wrong. I dislike the Jets and Ryan as much as the next Dolphins fan, but you can't hate on how they've turned their season around. I wish we would have shown that type of resiliency at the end of the season, rather than our kind of "resiliency"- which meant coming back from 3 scores down to lose in the dying seconds.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

fonzy wrote:
lol...don't get me wrong. I dislike the Jets and Ryan as much as the next Dolphins fan, but you can't hate on how they've turned their season around. I wish we would have shown that type of resiliency at the end of the season, rather than our kind of "resiliency"- which meant coming back from 3 scores down to lose in the dying seconds.

stop being so reasonable

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]