View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 PR's 2010 Mock draft 2.0 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post PR's 2010 Mock draft 2.0
1.St. Louis (1-15) – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2.Detroit (2-14) – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3.Tampa Bay (3-13) – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4.Washington (4-12) – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.
5.Kansas City (4-12) – Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
6.Seattle (5-11) – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
7.Cleveland (5-11) – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
8.Oakland (5-11) – Jason Pierre Paul, DE, South Florida
9.Buffalo (6-10) – Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
10. Jacksonville (7-9) – Joe Haden, CB, Florida
11. Denver (7-9) – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.

12.Miami (7-9) – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan

Graham, in my opinion, is the premiere 34 OLB prospect in this year’s draft and will bring a big time strong side presence to the Dolphins LB core. Graham is outstanding against the run, unstoppable when he heads up the field after the QB, and has a non-stop motor that Bill Parcells and co. will love. He’s the definition of a Parcells LB, and I think him and Cam Wake could make a lethal combo for years to come.

13.San Francisco (8-8) – CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
14.Seattle - from Denver (8-8) – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
15.New York Giants (8-8) – Earl Thomas, S, Texas
16.Tennessee (8-8) – Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
17.San Francisco (8-8) - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
18.Pittsburgh (9-7) – Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida
19.Atlanta (9-7) – Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
20.Houston (9-7) – Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
21.Cincinnati (10-6) – Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
22.New England (10-6) – Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
23.Green Bay (11-5) – Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St.

24.Philadelphia (11-5) – Everson Griffin, DE, USC
25.Baltimore (9-7) – Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.
26.Arizona (10-6) – Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Mizzou
27.Dallas (11-5) – Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
28.San Diego (13-3) – Terrance Cody, NT, Alabama
29.New York Jets (9-7) – Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St.
30.Minnesota (12-4) – Brian Price, DT, UCLA
31.Indianapolis (14-2) – Charles Brown, OT, USC
32.New Orleans (13-3) – Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

Round 2: 43. Miami – Cam Thomas, DT/NT, UNC

Miami will be lucky if Cam Thomas falls to them here in the second round, but if he does fall, 43 will be the end of said slide. Thomas is a run stuffing, strong, physical guy in the middle who loves to play in the trenches. He is also athletic enough to provide some penetration in the run and pass game, and gives you more than just a one dimensional type of NT. He reminds me a lot of Jason Ferguson.

Round 3: 74. Miami – Andre Roberts, WR, Citadel

Roberts is one of the more underrated, and lesser known prospects to come out this year. Roberts, coming out of small school Citadel, tore up Senior Bowl weekend, for Coach Sparano’s team, and displayed all the qualities necessary to be an immediate impact type of a guy. He is not a number 1 WR, and does not have the size/speed combo that Miami fans are looking for in a WR that is added to the roster, but he does have tremendous punt return ability, is extremely fluid in his catching and route running, and gets lots of YAC. The big key here though is that he really impressed at the Sr. Bowl, and like I said, playing for Coach Sparano.

Round 4: (12 in round). Miami – Thaddeus Gibson, DE/OLB, Ohio St.

Gibson might be one of the most NFL ready 34 OLB prospects in this year’s draft. He’s a good pass rusher with even better coverage skills. I think he would be a very good 3rd down LB who you can do a lot of things with.

Round 6: (4 in round). Miami – Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

A huge, athletic OT with tons of experience. Look for Miami to spend a 6th round pick once again to look for that potential back-up to Big Jake on the left side. Gardener’s inability to crack the 53 man roster last season was disappointing, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out of here by September. That said, the need for Jake’s back-up is desperate.

Round 6: (5 in round). Miami –Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana
Miami is in need of another CB as Nate Jones left in FA. Ansah is a big corner that Parcells will like, but has good quickness and excellent ball skills and instincts as his 8 INT’s in his Junior year will attest to. He has great return ability as well, having 5 return TD’s in his career. He dominated D II ball, and would be a steal in the 6th round.

Round 6: (10 in round). Miami – Adrian Tracy, DE/OLB, Williams & Mary
Yet another OLB taken by Miami. I expect a full out competition for several spots next season, and the lack of pass rushers that Miami has is frightening. They need to add as many as possible in the draft. Tracy is a good pass rusher who was highly productive at the Division II level. He is a project, but one with some potential.

Round 7: (5 in round). Miami – Jonathon Amaya, S, Nevada
A big, hard hitting safety who can play either free or strong safety.

Round 7: (12 in round). Miami – Andre Neblett, DT/NT, Temple
Don’t expect Miami to just go with the one NT and that be the end of the story. Ferguson got suspended for the first 8 games of 2010, and Miami is going to need all the competition that they can get in order to get the most out of who they have on the roster until Ferguson comes back. Neblett is an athletic NT prospect that reminds me of Jay Ratliff.

Round 7: 252 overall (compensatory pick) – Jacques McClendon, OG, Tennessee
He’s a massive guard who would be a solid 4th round selection had he not been at Tennessee. Fits the mold of what Miami is looking for. If Miami does indeed trade Justin Smiley, look for them to draft a guard somewhere, probably even earlier than 252.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: PR's 2010 Mock draft 2.0
Phins, you know I am a Brandon Graham guy and would be more than happy with him at #12. I am not sure now that Miami will look to take a NT early, especially with Parcells success with identifying NT late in the draft. A lot of smoke is being put out there as well.

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will not be there in the 6th round Phins. When you are talking about a CB 6'0, 207 lbs, running a 4.32 40 with return skills, he will not be there in the 6th. I have seen him in the 2nd-3rd round and maybe with some injury concerns, he drops to the 4th, MAYBE.

I like Adrian Tracy and Thaddeus Gibson certainly is an OLB prospect that stock has rose.

Andre Roberts is a good football player and a solid WR, but he is not anything from what Miami has on the roster now. Carlton Mitchell, the WR from USF has the size and speed to be an impact player, but he is a little more raw that Andre.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks for the input Tony.

Obviously Ansah has everything you are looking for, and you are probably right that he will not fall to round 6. However, I do not think he gets drafted before round 4 because of the fact that he did play D I football, and did not have a great senior year, (at least stat wise).

I am starting to doubt Miami gets the #1 this year, and waits untill next year when the option are greater. I think if they can get a solid WR like Roberts, who can also return punts, they aren't in great shape WR wise, but are improved.

I like Mitchel's size/speed as well....but he had a good QB, did not play against real good competition, and had a hard time putting up consistent stats. I think we already have a guy like that on the roster, who also went to USF, in Tauras Johnson who is on the practice sqaud.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:18 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Parcells loves outside linebackers that can rush the passer. I can see this happening next month.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Did Brandon Graham play DE or OLB at Michigan? I like Thadeus Gibson, I saw him at the combine and the guy looks like a monster. He also looked pretty smooth in the drills and 40. I've been hearing alot about Adrain Tracey but I dont know much about him. What round if any do you think we will address a play making TE?? I also have been curios as to how far MajorWright will fall. He is a great S, some say he should of stayed in school, but he seems to be going under the radar and Myron Rolle for that matter as well.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I like what you've done except for waiting until the 7th round to take a safety. I think we'll get a safety in the first 3 rounds, 4th at the latest. Then again, who knows how much our FO really likes the young safeties we currently have. Maybe they think one of them are ready.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

No way Derrick Morgan goes after Brandon Graham IMO. You out of your mind son! We could trade back 3 or 4 spots and still get Graham. Morgan may not make it out of the top 10.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc.. Do you think Weatherspoon will be there when we pick in the 2nd? If so.. I tell ya what..Dez Bryant looks pretty good at 12 if he checks out. OLB is much deeper then WR this year.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 am

hypocritex wrote:
phinsfansc.. Do you think Weatherspoon will be there when we pick in the 2nd? If so.. I tell ya what..Dez Bryant looks pretty good at 12 if he checks out. OLB is much deeper then WR this year.

Not to try and answer for SC, but Weatherspoon would be a ILB in a 34 D, not an OLB.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm

MIAcubano13 wrote:
Did Brandon Graham play DE or OLB at Michigan? I like Thadeus Gibson, I saw him at the combine and the guy looks like a monster. He also looked pretty smooth in the drills and 40. I've been hearing alot about Adrain Tracey but I dont know much about him. What round if any do you think we will address a play making TE?? I also have been curios as to how far MajorWright will fall. He is a great S, some say he should of stayed in school, but he seems to be going under the radar and Myron Rolle for that matter as well.

I think Major goes some time in the middle of the second round. I agree that he is falling off the radar a little bit. Don't forget that he also had a lot of help with Dunlap and Cunningham rushing the passer, and Haden on an island a lot of times with the opposing number 1.

I wanted to give Miami a TE somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round, however, I think you have to remember that they did draft John Nalbone to develop in the 5th round last year, and Fasano is a very good TE, and very good for our offense. Unless there is great value in the middle rounds, I don't know if we take one at all.

As far as safety, if Miami does not get a verteran, I can see them going into the season with Chris Clemons and Tyrone Culver, and just drafting a later round safety to back up Yeremiah Bell.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

hypocritex wrote:

Hypo, I don't think he is get's to the 2nd round. He's got to much good game tape, played and looked solid at the Senior Bowl and had a very good combine. Matter of fact, I would be very surprised if Sean got into the 2nd round.

I also agree with Phins in that if somehow, some way he did make it to Miami, he would play inside in all likelyhood.

I like Sean a lot though. He plays with a swagger and makes plays. I have read were his talking has turned some teams off, but if you can talk the talk and walk the walk, talk all you want.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What happened to your Micah Johnson man-crush. I'm all for taking him even if we just picked up Dansby.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

eleaf wrote:
What happened to your Micah Johnson man-crush. I'm all for taking him even if we just picked up Dansby.

I still love Johnson later in the draft.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 am

Oh so do I. Unfortunately, this isn't the mock that I necassarily want as much as who I see Miami taking.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]