View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Could Miami take CJ Spiller at #12? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Could Miami take CJ Spiller at #12?
Phins Rock wrote:
Those yards are scewed because of the amount of carries he got in 2008 and 09 versus 2006.

His ypc and TD totals, (2 most important stat for power backs, IMO), were significantly lower in 2008 and 2009 than in 06 and 07.

So now you get to decide what stats were significantly lower, and ignore the ones that were higher? TD totals change for a number of reasons.
2007 he had 201 carries for a 4.8 average
2009 he had 214 carries for a 4.4 average

Perhaps you need to figure out what significant means.

Based on your horrible logic, Ronnie Brown is also falling apart. His yards per carry have significantly dropped since 2007.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:12 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

k-dash wrote:
This kind of open, informed debate is why I love this site. Other than the fact that the thread was originally about Spiller, of course. (lol) Truth be told,there is a good argument for taking a rb this year, but in the 1st round, it had better be a sure thing. I don't know if we know that about Spiller, though obviously some feel he is.

Thanks for getting us back on topic.

I have voiced my opinion time after time about Spiller, and about taking a RB this year, so there's no need for me to repeat it for the zillionth time.

You are absolutely right though, that if you are taking a RB early in the first round, he had better be the real deal, and a sure thing...not just a situational guy.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
k-dash wrote:
This kind of open, informed debate is why I love this site. Other than the fact that the thread was originally about Spiller, of course. (lol) Truth be told,there is a good argument for taking a rb this year, but in the 1st round, it had better be a sure thing. I don't know if we know that about Spiller, though obviously some feel he is.

Thanks for getting us back on topic.

I have voiced my opinion time after time about Spiller, and about taking a RB this year, so there's no need for me to repeat it for the zillionth time.

You are absolutely right though, that if you are taking a RB early in the first round, he had better be the real deal, and a sure thing...not just a situational guy.

aka, you are right Iowafin.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:24 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phins Rock wrote:

Sometimes the guys that are "situational guys" are more rare.

I'd take Reggie Bush, and he seems to be a "situational guy".

I hope every team goes into a draft thinking "this guy better be the real deal and a sure thing since we're selecting him with our first round pick".

Even if Spiller is a situational guy, I would look into him.....he is a mismatch to the opposition and a touchdown waiting to happen. Put all three running backs on the field at the same time and run some form of a wildcat and watch a defense try to stop that.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2