View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 am



Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Obama - Phony in Chief 
Author Message
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Obama - Phony in Chief
Quote:
When President Barack Obama and others on the left are not busy admonishing the rest of us to be "civil" in our discussions of political issues, they are busy letting loose insults, accusations and smears against those who dare to disagree with them.

Like so many people who have been beaten in a verbal encounter, and who can think of clever things to say the next day, after it is all over, President Obama, after his clear loss in his debate with Mitt Romney, called Governor Romney a "phony."

Innumerable facts, however, show that it is our Commander in Chief who is Phony in Chief. A classic example was his speech to a predominantly black audience at Hampton University on June 5, 2007. That date is important, as we shall see.

In his speech -- delivered in a ghetto-style accent that Obama doesn't use anywhere except when he is addressing a black audience -- he charged the federal government with not showing the same concern for the people of New Orleans after hurricane Katrina hit as they had shown for the people of New York after the 9/11 attacks, or the people of Florida after hurricane Andrew hit.

Departing from his prepared remarks, he mentioned the Stafford Act, which requires communities receiving federal disaster relief to contribute 10 percent as much as the federal government does.

Senator Obama, as he was then, pointed out that this requirement was waived in the case of New York and Florida because the people there were considered to be "part of the American family." But the people in New Orleans -- predominantly black -- "they don't care about as much," according to Barack Obama.

If you want to know what community organizers do, this is it -- rub people's emotions raw to hype their resentments. And this was Barack Obama in his old community organizer role, a role that should have warned those who thought that he was someone who would bring us together, when he was all too well practiced in the arts of polarizing us apart.

Why is the date of this speech important? Because, less than two weeks earlier, on May 24, 2007, the United States Senate had in fact voted 80-14 to waive the Stafford Act requirement for New Orleans, as it had waived that requirement for New York and Florida. More federal money was spent rebuilding New Orleans than was spent in New York after 9/11 and in Florida after hurricane Andrew, combined.

Truth is not a job requirement for a community organizer. Nor can Barack Obama claim that he wasn't present the day of that Senate vote, as he claimed he wasn't there when Jeremiah Wright unleashed his obscene attacks on America from the pulpit of the church that Obama attended for 20 years.

Unlike Jeremiah Wright's church, the U.S. Senate keeps a record of who was there on a given day. The Congressional Record for May 24, 2007 shows Senator Barack Obama present that day and voting on the bill that waived the Stafford Act requirement. Moreover, he was one of just 14 Senators who voted against -- repeat, AGAINST -- the legislation which included the waiver.

When he gave that demagogic speech, in a feigned accent and style, it was world class chutzpah and a rhetorical triumph. He truly deserves the title Phony in Chief.

If you know any true believers in Obama, show them the transcript of his June 5, 2007 speech at Hampton University (available from the Federal News Service) and then show them page S6823 of the Congressional Record for May 24, 2007, which lists which Senators voted which way on the waiver of the Stafford Act requirement for New Orleans.

Some people in the media have tried to dismiss this and other revelations of Barack Obama's real character that have belatedly come to light as "old news." But the truth is one thing that never wears out. The Pythagorean Theorem is 2,000 years old, but it can still tell you the distance from home plate to second base (127 ft.) without measuring it. And what happened five years ago can tell a lot about Barack Obama's character -- or lack of character.

Obama's true believers may not want to know the truth. But there are millions of other people who have simply projected their own desires for a post-racial America onto Barack Obama. These are the ones who need to be confronted with the truth, before they repeat the mistake they made when they voted four years ago.


http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 15715.html

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:10 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
It is a shame Romney is really no different.

Either choice sucks.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
It is a shame Romney is really no different.


Where is the parallel evidence?

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
degs wrote:
It is a shame Romney is really no different.


Where is the parallel evidence?


Romney goes campaigning in the south and talks using "Y'alls" and brags about eating his grits.
Romney goes to a $50,000 a plate dinner and tells the elite audience about how the teat-sucking masses are sponging off of their success. Then publicly backtracks after a video of his speech is released.
Romney making up claims that Obama apologised about Americas behaviour when the Libyan Ambassador was killed, when no such apology ever happened.
Oh, and let's not forget my favourite: Romney spray tanning himself 20 shades darker and dying his hair immediately before going to speak to a Hispanic audience.

They're. Both phonies. They both misrepresent the facts to support themseleves and their positions. They're both bought and paid for by special interests.

It's great to have a preference, but let's not pretend that one is any different than the other.


Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
Romney goes to a $50,000 a plate dinner and tells the elite audience about how the teat-sucking masses are sponging off of their success. Then publicly backtracks after a video of his speech is released.


We've all seen the video. That is not what he said.

Here is what Romney said:

Quote:
There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax…[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.


And at least Romney publicly said his comments were wrong. When did Obama ever apologize publicly for some of the same type of comments he's made about people who vote conservative?

Quote:
Romney making up claims that Obama apologised about Americas behaviour when the Libyan Ambassador was killed, when no such apology ever happened.


He never said Obama apologized, he said the Administration apologized for the video they claim started the protests that never happened and there was in fact a tweet from someone at the embassy (which is an extension of the administration) apologizing.

Quote:
“It’s their administration,” he said. “Their administration spoke. The president takes responsibility not just for the words that come from his mouth, but also the words from his ambassadors, from his administration, from his embassies, from his State Department. They clearly sent mixed messages to the world. And the statement that came from the administration—and the embassy is the administration—the statement that came from the administration was a statement which is akin to apology. And I think it was a severe miscalculation.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/09 ... z29ejrv2Mf


Quote:
Oh, and let's not forget my favourite: Romney spray tanning himself 20 shades darker and dying his hair immediately before going to speak to a Hispanic audience.


So now we're taking accusations from left wing bloggers as gospel. Got it.

Quote:
They're. Both phonies. They both misrepresent the facts to support themseleves and their positions. They're both bought and paid for by special interests.


There is some truth to this with every politician. It is a show to win votes.

However, only one of them did what was outlined in the article above, which is to vote against something, then go to a black audience and tell them that America is racist because the government didn't vote for it, even though THEY DID!

There is being a typical politician and then there is stoking the fires of racism.

They are not even on the same level so to first of all use misinformation regarding what Romney said or did and then to parallel it to what Obama did makes no sense.

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
Here is what Romney said:

Quote:
There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax…[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.


and how is what I summarised any different than that?
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and let's not forget my favourite: Romney spray tanning himself 20 shades darker and dying his hair immediately before going to speak to a Hispanic audience.


So now we're taking accusations from left wing bloggers as gospel. Got it.



HUH????????????
What quote? What blogger? What are you talking about???

Quote:
Quote:
They're. Both phonies. They both misrepresent the facts to support themseleves and their positions. They're both bought and paid for by special interests.


There is some truth to this with every politician. It is a show to win votes.


Yes, but the article and title of the post is that Obama is a phony.
I contend they are both patethic phonies. Why are you arguing?

Quote:
There is being a typical politician and then there is stoking the fires of racism.


Romney strokes the fires of elitism. Different fires for different audiences. But both are the same: phonies.


Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
and how is what I summarised any different than that?
Quote:

I don't see in that quote where he referring to those people as mooching off rich people's money or even disparaging those people. There are in fact people in this country that truly believe what Romney said. Now, the only mistake he made in that quote was using 47% as a good portion of those are retirees, military etc.

But there is definitely a group that are part of the entitlement society who believe exactly what Romney said.

Quote:
HUH????????????
What quote? What blogger? What are you talking about???


This was only reported on left wing blogs.

Quote:
Yes, but the article and title of the post is that Obama is a phony.
I contend they are both patethic phonies. Why are you arguing?


There are different levels of criminals. There are some who rob purses, burglarize, etc as a means to survive.

There are others who commit the crime for the excitement.

There are also different levels of phonies.

Romney is a political survivor. He changes his positions to win office.

Obama's movites with that speech to a group of blacks had a more nefarious intent. So again, I don't see the parallels.

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
Obama's movites with that speech to a group of blacks had a more nefarious intent. So again, I don't see the parallels.


With the Republican mantra of "class warfare" over the past few years, I would think that the parallels are obvious.

But please don't ask me to defend Obama. He has had a success or two during his tenure, but those one or two occassions are dwarfed by the number of times he has "led from behind" as Romney would say.


Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
With the Republican mantra of "class warfare" over the past few years, I would think that the parallels are obvious.


Sorry but I agree with that mantra. When the top 5% pay 70% of the taxes and they are demagogued by Dems, that is class warfare. When almost 50% of the population doesn't pay taxes and Dems refer to the tax system as unfair for lower and middle class folks, that is class warfare.

We have one of the most progressive tax systems in the world. Romney's plan (on paper) will make it even more progressive. But he's only looking out for the rich.

That is class warfare.

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
degs wrote:
With the Republican mantra of "class warfare" over the past few years, I would think that the parallels are obvious.


Sorry but I agree with that mantra. When the top 5% pay 70% of the taxes and they are demagogued by Dems, that is class warfare. When almost 50% of the population doesn't pay taxes and Dems refer to the tax system as unfair for lower and middle class folks, that is class warfare.

We have one of the most progressive tax systems in the world. Romney's plan (on paper) will make it even more progressive. But he's only looking out for the rich.

That is class warfare.


They own far more of a share than they pay. And it is getting worse. 93% of income gains over the past 10 years have gone to the top 2%, yet they receive tax cuts. And Romney would ensure they pay even less. You are correct. That is class warfare. Against the middle class who would be paying more in Romney's "proposals"

Back to the topic, they are both phonies. It's hard to defend Romney on that as his talk and his promises change depending on the hour of the day. I find it hard to endorse a guy for president who says its not his job to worry about 47% of the US population.


Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
And Romney would ensure they pay even less... Against the middle class who would be paying more in Romney's "proposals"


What are you basing this on?

Quote:
I find it hard to endorse a guy for president who says its not his job to worry about 47% of the US population.


Context is important.

That's not what he said. What he said was that he is not going to worry about getting their vote.

That's pretty much every presidential campaign. Solidify your base and get enough independent support to win. The other guy is always going to get 40% of the vote.

_________________
Image


Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
Oh, and let's not forget my favourite: Romney spray tanning himself 20 shades darker and dying his hair immediately before going to speak to a Hispanic audience.


Quote:
The makeup artist, 25-year veteran Lazz Rodriguez, said the candidate simply sat down in his makeup chair with a deep, natural tan.

"What they [bloggers and commenters] have done is all a bit sad to me," Rodriguez told Univision.

"I also don't want this to jeopardize a career I've worked so hard to build in this field," he said. "He was tan from being out in the sun on the campaign trail -- that's the only possible explanation.”

Univision News managing editor Fernando Vila noted on Twitter that there is “no evidence of foul play” in the selection of Romney’s powder.


http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-09 ... ney-tanner

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5629
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
All politicians say what they have to say to get elected. Just like Obama wasn't this savior that his supporters hoped he would be, if Romney wins he isn't going to be all things to all people.

I'd also like to know where Degs got the idea that the middle class is paying more. If anything it sounds like Romney went back on his word that the upper class won't pay more because he is removing things they can deduct. Too much spin and vague info from both sides on this subject to confirm anything.

I tend to agree with what Rich is saying about the intent of Obama in that speech. He wants to get people angry so that its not just about siding with him but hating the other side. Seems a bit above simple campaign rhetoric.

Romney's 47% comment was dumb only because he either applied a number that was inaccurate or didn't follow up that number by further explaining that not all people getting money from the government fit the dependency description. However, he was simply pointing out that Obama's campaign successfully made these people think they will lose all benefits if Romney is elected and therefore it will sway their vote. He should have used the number at that point. He can't spend all day debunking it because playing defense makes him look guilty of the allegations.


Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:37 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
jammer wrote:
All politicians say what they have to say to get elected. Just like Obama wasn't this savior that his supporters hoped he would be, if Romney wins he isn't going to be all things to all people.

I'd also like to know where Degs got the idea that the middle class is paying more. If anything it sounds like Romney went back on his word that the upper class won't pay more because he is removing things they can deduct. Too much spin and vague info from both sides on this subject to confirm anything.

I tend to agree with what Rich is saying about the intent of Obama in that speech. He wants to get people angry so that its not just about siding with him but hating the other side. Seems a bit above simple campaign rhetoric.

Romney's 47% comment was dumb only because he either applied a number that was inaccurate or didn't follow up that number by further explaining that not all people getting money from the government fit the dependency description. However, he was simply pointing out that Obama's campaign successfully made these people think they will lose all benefits if Romney is elected and therefore it will sway their vote. He should have used the number at that point. He can't spend all day debunking it because playing defense makes him look guilty of the allegations.


The numbers I saw (I believe from the cbo) said that the average middle class family will wind up paying $2000 more a year under Romney plan and the upper class would wind up paying far less. I'm not going to search for it on my phone.

What Romney said about 47% of Americans was that:

"my job is not to worry about those people...I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Explain it away however you want. Not worrying about 1/2 of Americans is unpresidential and quite offensive.

And he wonders why he comes across as obtuse and does not relate to the average person????


Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
degs wrote:
Oh, and let's not forget my favourite: Romney spray tanning himself 20 shades darker and dying his hair immediately before going to speak to a Hispanic audience.


Quote:
The makeup artist, 25-year veteran Lazz Rodriguez, said the candidate simply sat down in his makeup chair with a deep, natural tan.

"What they [bloggers and commenters] have done is all a bit sad to me," Rodriguez told Univision.

"I also don't want this to jeopardize a career I've worked so hard to build in this field," he said. "He was tan from being out in the sun on the campaign trail -- that's the only possible explanation.”

Univision News managing editor Fernando Vila noted on Twitter that there is “no evidence of foul play” in the selection of Romney’s powder.


http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-09 ... ney-tanner



Before and after pictures....

Image


Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:07 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5629
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
The numbers I saw (I believe from the cbo) said that the average middle class family will wind up paying $2000 more a year under Romney plan and the upper class would wind up paying far less. I'm not going to search for it on my phone.

What Romney said about 47% of Americans was that:

"my job is not to worry about those people...I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Explain it away however you want. Not worrying about 1/2 of Americans is unpresidential and quite offensive.

And he wonders why he comes across as obtuse and does not relate to the average person????


Looked it up. All the CBO said was that you can't guarantee growth by reducing rates and it creates a deficit issue. No mention of an increase. I think you're quoting a left talking point.

Say what you want about the 47% comment, it hasn't had the effect many assumed it would. And again, even the way you quoted it, shows it was about their vote and their disinterest in what he is proposing...yes I know 47% isn't the true number.

My suggestion, for credibility purposes, lay off the spray tan thing. If you're trying to convince against Romney it looks a bit desperate.


Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
Before and after pictures....


Sorry, I don't see you referencing any sources or citing which day those pictures were taken.

At least I provieded a quote from the person who did his make up before he made his appearance on Univision...

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
The numbers I saw (I believe from the cbo) said that the average middle class family will wind up paying $2000 more a year under Romney plan and the upper class would wind up paying far less. I'm not going to search for it on my phone.


The same CBO that said Obamacare was deficit neutral but changed their projections after it became law?

Quote:
Not worrying about 1/2 of Americans is unpresidential and quite offensive.


How about not worrying about the majority of Americans who did not want Obamacare?

Quote:
And he wonders why he comes across as obtuse and does not relate to the average person????


His favoribility ratings are now higher than Obama's, who is a pretty "likeable" guy. He's also in good position to win the election.

Funny how he comes off as obtuse through a media filter, but the minute the debates start and there is no filter, everything changes.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
jammer wrote:
Looked it up. All the CBO said was that you can't guarantee growth by reducing rates and it creates a deficit issue. No mention of an increase.


Not to mention if rate reductions lead to job creation and a decrease in unemployment, then you do in fact decrease the deficit by broadening the tax base.

Quote:
I think you're quoting a left talking point.


Pretty much. As I stated earlier, the only place this "fake tan" thing was "reported" was on leftist blogs.

Univision, which is a latin station (hint: latinos support Obama overwhelmingly over Romney) disavowed the accusations. The make up artist that prepped Romney for the interview, disavowed the accusations.

But I guess we're supposed to believe some randomly posted pictures with no date or reference.

Not to mention I could easily take the first picture and Photoshop to make Romney look darker than Obama if I wanted.

And it would take less than 5 minutes to do so.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3743
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
They both suck. The more I hear the libertarian candidates the more I like them. How anybody can get excited over the next 4 years with any one of these guys in office is just plain brain washed. These guys have their own cliques and are in this thing to preserve them.
Where is the candidate who will stay the hell out of our personal lives , let people do with their bodies as they wish , not penalize or demean them for who they sleep with , stop spending & wasting so much money , recognize who the real enemies of this country are & stop doing business with them & stop pandering to the special interests.
These elections are more like MSNBC vs. FOX News. Poor me , I remember a time when you got the news from respected journalists , now all these news shows try to do is sway your vote with their version of the truth to which they think is news.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
Not to mention I could easily take the first picture and Photoshop to make Romney look darker than Obama if I wanted.

And it would take less than 5 minutes to do so.


For a guy who likes facts, you do quite a bit of insinuating.


Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:01 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6169
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
The bottomline is that we are 16 trillion in debt. Add up every president since Wasington and Barry still wins....yeah, great job american, shows how dumb we have become.


Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
Rich wrote:
Not to mention I could easily take the first picture and Photoshop to make Romney look darker than Obama if I wanted.

And it would take less than 5 minutes to do so.


For a guy who likes facts, you do quite a bit of insinuating.


Didn't insinuate anything, just poked a bunch of holes in your argument.

Here's a tip, get your info from reputable sources rather than left wing (or right wing for that matter) blogs.

The only major news outlet that reported on this story did so to debunk it.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
Rich wrote:
degs wrote:
Rich wrote:
Not to mention I could easily take the first picture and Photoshop to make Romney look darker than Obama if I wanted.

And it would take less than 5 minutes to do so.


For a guy who likes facts, you do quite a bit of insinuating.


Didn't insinuate anything, just poked a bunch of holes in your argument.

Here's a tip, get your info from reputable sources rather than left wing (or right wing for that matter) blogs.

The only major news outlet that reported on this story did so to debunk it.



Just because he was a left wing blogger does not mean he was making anything up. You are the original "attack the post, not the poster" advocate. Why not attack what he said, not insinuate that he (and so many others) are making things up, just because they are left or right wing.

I've seen the photo he posted, and several others from the night and earlier. They show him spray tanned. Until proven otherwise (e.g., someone shows evidence of photoshopping), that is valid evidence and hinting that it might be photoshopped is nothing more than insinuation.

I don't remember if you hinted at photoshopping, and I am not about to go back and re-read the entire thread, but that is an example.


Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5629
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
Just because he was a left wing blogger does not mean he was making anything up. You are the original "attack the post, not the poster" advocate. Why not attack what he said, not insinuate that he (and so many others) are making things up, just because they are left or right wing.

I've seen the photo he posted, and several others from the night and earlier. They show him spray tanned. Until proven otherwise (e.g., someone shows evidence of photoshopping), that is valid evidence and hinting that it might be photoshopped is nothing more than insinuation.

I don't remember if you hinted at photoshopping, and I am not about to go back and re-read the entire thread, but that is an example.


Did it ever occur to anyone that having a fake tan in the "Sunshine State" would make it seem like he's spending more time in said state ie I know about the issues here and can help. Did it also occur to anyone that darker hair and less gray gives a more youthful, appealing appearance.

Does everything have to be about race or is that what just sells because it creates controversey?

If you like that then perhaps you should watch the Rob Parker commentary on RG III. That will really add to the idea of stereotypes.


Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21116
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Obama - Phony in Chief
degs wrote:
Just because he was a left wing blogger does not mean he was making anything up.


Bloggers are far from reputable sources.

Did any media outlets report on this story?

Quote:
I've seen the photo he posted, and several others from the night and earlier. They show him spray tanned. Until proven otherwise (e.g., someone shows evidence of photoshopping), that is valid evidence and hinting that it might be photoshopped is nothing more than insinuation.


What about the fact that the make up artist that did his make up say it was not? How come to you a blogger who had some photos has more credibility than the person that actually did the work?

It couldn't be because you have a bias now could it?

Or maybe you're just grasping at straws because your entire premise was erroneous to begin with...

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.