I said secondary help, that is where we lost most of our games last year. We put up points, but we gave opposing offenses quick scores and large gains through the air. In all fairness we had two rooks playing at corners, but I believe a solid FS is needed. After that I would go with help in our passing game and defensive pass rushers as being 2a and 2b.
By my count, G WILSON singlehandedly/almost singlehandedly cost us 6 games last season. Anyone who thinks that FS isn't a MAJOR weakness ought to have his head examined. NT is second: we became very much less formidable after FERGUSON went down, and this season, if he makes it back at all, it won't be before game #9. OLB (for pass rushing purposes) is 3rd, i/m/o...but if FS and NT are 9's, OLB is at least a 7 and probably an 8.
So, what does MIAMI do?
1) Get a solid FS, unless one's already on the roster. (We the fans wouldn't know: we don't see much of CULVER and CLEMONS) F/A or Draft: it doesn't matter which.
2) Get at least 2 NTs in the Draft...one early and another later. And if a solid veteran shakes loose, pick him up too. Then hold a for-real competition in the pre-season/TC and the best 2, or maybe even all 3, stay.
3) There's a lot of very solid OLB prospects. Grab 2 as early as possible.
4) TRY to upgrade the TE position. I think that that would help MIAMI's "O" as much as a #1 WR. After all, look at N.O.! I/m/o, 4 very solid #2WRs NO REAL #1. Certainly no FTITZGERALD/AUSTIN/MARSHALL/TO/MOSS, etc.. But they DO also have a very solid rushing attack, and a topshelf TE, along w/a QB w/the "tools" and smarts enough about how to use all of his weapons. QED.
5) Stay healthy. MIAMI missed R BROWN, P COBBS and W ALLEN a lot.
Even w/a glorified Rookie QB, MIAMI scored a lot of points last season. The problem was that all too often, the opponent scored more. THINK ABOUT IT. MIAMI actually could've beaten the top 2 Offenses in the NFL, who happen to be last year's SB teams. The problem WASN'T SCORING POINTS, even though MIAMI had no #1 WR.
MIAMI took a great 1st step by getting rid of G WILSON. And it took a great 2nd step by firing PASQUABALONEY and hiring NOLAN. MIAMI should now look to finish the job...as above, i/m/o.