View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 ZOMG! Get Chad Henne Back!!!!!1111!!!oneone 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post ZOMG! Get Chad Henne Back!!!!!1111!!!oneone
C. Henne 14/20 331 16.6 4 0 152.1

sorry guys, but we should have stuck with the Michigan guy!!!!!!
he has a crappier crew of people around him!
Jacksonvilles O-Line is weaker than a paperbag soaked in milk!
Tannehill is totally a bust!
Fire everyone! Move the team to Calgary!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:45 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: ZOMG! Get Chad Henne Back!!!!!1111!!!oneone
im assuming you are joking

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

was it not over the top enough? it fits right in with how insane some other people are posting right now. i shake my head at how many want to discard Tannehill after a true rookie season.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That's what I figured.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
was it not over the top enough? it fits right in with how insane some other people are posting right now. i shake my head at how many want to discard Tannehill after a true rookie season.

Who are these fictitious people campaigning to have him removed already?

I love imaginary arguments. People are allowed to criticize players .... rookie or not .... when they play poorly.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:43 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah, Ihaven't read anything regarding getting rid of Tanny. My stance is that he is regressing and we should draft a QB every year. Not for nothing, if certain fans want to run Tanny out, good for them, it's thier opinion. 3 Years from now, Tanny might be a bust. BTW, Henne couldn't get the job done and they ended up losing. Nothing changes with these QBs, they either have "it" or they don't. There are plenty of threads regarding Tanny so I'm moving this.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Henne still sucks.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I knew someone would post this garbage. Go cheer for the Jags! I'm sick of hearing this crap from inferior Miami fans.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

I love imaginary arguments. People are allowed to criticize players .... rookie or not .... when they play poorly.

So true. No one has asked the team to give up on Tannehill. However, his numbers really stink. Weeden threw 2 more TD's this week and might surpass the fading Tannehill. Since the playoffs are a fantasy and the team needs lots of high draft picks to fill all the holes, old and new, why bother giving Moore a shot? He could rally the team, win some games and hurt our draft position.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

retract that. Didnt realize it was a joke. But i still expect many here will say we should have kept Henne. Some quarterbacks are great off the bench. But tell them they are the man now, and they will surely crap the bed. Let's see Henne do it for an entire season.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Henne still sucks.

I wished he would have sucked like that in Miami.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
00xtremeninja wrote:

So true. No one has asked the team to give up on Tannehill. However, his numbers really stink. Weeden threw 2 more TD's this week and might surpass the fading Tannehill. Since the playoffs are a fantasy and the team needs lots of high draft picks to fill all the holes, old and new, why bother giving Moore a shot? He could rally the team, win some games and hurt our draft position.

But look at what you are saying here. Fading Tannehill, let Moore play and in a previous post something about the numbers telling a story.

This isn't directed at you in particular but it seems like some panic has set in that since he isn't putting up better and better numbers every week that he is somehow failing and not what we all hoped he'd be. Its still his rookie season.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Henne still sucks.

Give the guy a little credit for having a great game against a top defense. He never had more than 2 TD passes in a game for Miami.

I actually told my brother in law I bet he throws like 5 TDs and has the game of his life. Close enough, but he still couldn't win it in the clutch. I don't think Jacksonville is banking on him being the answer but I bet they give him a chance to be the bridge guy for their next draft pick.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think a lot of these types of posts are in reaction to those who maintain that Tannehill wasn't ready and shouldn't have been named the starter this season. Nobody has been saying we should give up on the kid, I think we all can agree on that. And while Tannehill is struggling right now, so is the entire offense and coaching staff for that matter. Tannehill's recent struggles are more a reflection of the state of the team around him than a sudden perceived regression that many talk of. If you watch all of the games this season, Tannehill is playing virtually the same from week to week, what changes are the situations he's put in and the performances around him. It's no mystery that if Tannehill is playing with a lead and a solid running game he looks amazing. It's also no mystery that if we're down big, and we lack a run game, that Tannehill is prone to making rookie mistakes and trying to do too much to win.

My opinion is that Tannehill will naturally get better as time goes, but how good will depend on who we put around him. We seriously need to add talent around him if we want the type of offense we set out to bring to Miami when we hired Philbin and Sherman. Tannehill has shown me he's more than capable of being a very good game manager thus far. He showed he has the potential to be a game changer when he threw for 430 yards against Arizona. Whether or not he become that lights out, come from behind, put the team on my back type of guy remains to be seen.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

you guys all say "Nobody is calling Tanny a bust", but you are certainly implying that he is going to be a bust when you post. I'm not happy with the rookie lumps either, but I realize he is still learning and doesnt have much to work with, and his line sucks ass.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:56 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

you guys all say "Nobody is calling Tanny a bust", but you are certainly implying that he is going to be a bust when you post.

Now you are a mind reader, OK. So when you post you are implying that he's the next Marino. Silly, isn't it? We don't know if he his going to be a bust or not. Here's my "official" take. The kid looks like he has all the potential in the world and his team around him blows, BUT he has regressed lately. Is it him? Coaching? Supporting cast? We don't know. He gets a pass his rookie year and next year it's time to take the next step. BTW, when I say we draft a QB, I don't mean in the 1st, I would draft a QB every year somewhere in the draft. You never know. Some people are questiining him and some aren't. That's what an opinion board is all about.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Wish Ryan Tannehill had Justin Blackmon.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
Wish Ryan Tannehill had Justin Blackmon.

Depending on what we choose to do in free agency, we could go after Greg Jennings and draft a burner in the first two rounds. That would give us a #1 target, possibly two #1 targets depending on who we draft, to go along with Bess and Hartline.

That would help us stretch the field and spread teams out. It would definitely give Tannehill some more options.

In addition, we could go after a big tightend. I like Eifert from Notre Dame and I really like Zach Ertz from Stanford.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
Depending on what we choose to do in free agency, we could go after Greg Jennings and draft a burner in the first two rounds.
Why spend money on a WR who anymore seems to always be dealing with an injury to his legs?

wkloiber13 wrote:
In addition, we could go after a big tightend. I like Eifert from Notre Dame and I really like Zach Ertz from Stanford.
That is why they drafted Egnew

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]