View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Texans / Lions call 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Texans / Lions call
Just my opinion & I know rules are rules but that was awful. Far worse than Seattle / Green Bay who can use the replacement refs as an excuse. First of all this play should have never gotten to this point because he was clearly down with an elbow & a knee. Then everyone is faulting Schwartz for not knowing the rules by throwing g the challenge flag but what coach would not. The fans were right away egging him on the throw the flag , the announcers were wondering if he would do the same. OK , penalize him 15 yards for overriding a refs decision but to let a play like that determine a game is just crazy. As a fan of a team that won that way it would not make me proud. Peter King already reported the rule will be changed for next season but it is to little to late. If you are going to have instant replay , use it.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:31 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Texans / Lions call
Quite ridiculous that the play stood... the refs could easily see that... so many plays that should keep going are called dead, and vice versa... c'mon refs !!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Texans / Lions call
IamPZ wrote:
Quite ridiculous that the play stood... the refs could easily see that... so many plays that should keep going are called dead, and vice versa... c'mon refs !!

To follow it up, in the San Fran/New Orleans game, Michael Crabtree had a catch and while being tackled, he escaped and the replay showed his knee never touched the ground, but they blew the play dead and it was not reviewable because of the whistle. If they had let the play go, at least it would have been reviewable.

I have no problem with the refs not blowing the play dead in the Houston game, but the rule to prevent a review if the coach throws a flag is a stupid rule.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]