View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 The best of Ronnie and Ricky in 2009 
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post The best of Ronnie and Ricky in 2009
I had a few days off this week, so, I figured I would put together a couple of videos. Here is mine on the best of the R&R Express this past season. Enjoy.

*Note. There is pretty strong language in the second song of the vid. A couple F-bombs.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: The best of Ronnie and Ricky in 2009
They were at their best against the Saint and Colts....yet the defense was pitiful, and thus Miami lost. GET ME A CONSITENT PASS RUSH. : )

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Cool vid, man I enjoyed it.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yea that Ricky Williams sure has lost a step.... LOL
Whatever.

Some have stated that with the advent of a passing game now that we have Henne, the Wildcat has seen its last days. I say that the Wildcat has become even more dangerous now that we have a passing game. No longer do we have to rely on the WC for an offense, we can now use it to supplement our offense. I think this makes it more deadly as a change up to our offense. Honestly I believe that Tebow would be the answer for the WC that we were looking for in Pat White. The problem I have is in spending another 2nd rounder on a qb. I would give a 3rd for Tebow, but I believe he will be gone by then. Tebow can line up as a FB or TE. You put him in the WC with Ronnie, Ricky and Polite, then you have yourself a super nasty version of the WC. JMO

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Phin wrote:
Yea that Ricky Williams sure has lost a step.... LOL
Whatever.

Some have stated that with the advent of a passing game now that we have Henne, the Wildcat has seen its last days. I say that the Wildcat has become even more dangerous now that we have a passing game. No longer do we have to rely on the WC for an offense, we can now use it to supplement our offense. I think this makes it more deadly as a change up to our offense. Honestly I believe that Tebow would be the answer for the WC that we were looking for in Pat White. The problem I have is in spending another 2nd rounder on a qb. I would give a 3rd for Tebow, but I believe he will be gone by then. Tebow can line up as a FB or TE. You put him in the WC with Ronnie, Ricky and Polite, then you have yourself a super nasty version of the WC. JMO

I don't think we should be using any more picks on WildCat guys. I don't have a problem with taking a guy like Dexter McCluster, or Jacoby Ford, Brandon James, etc. All those guys could be lethal in the WC, but at least they can do other things on the offensive side of the football, and special teams.

I sort of agree with you about it becoming more successful. I don't think we will see it as much as Henne continues to develope, but when we do, you're right, it will be a very good change of pace, and should see a lot of success.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:08 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Ronnie is hurt every year. Ricky wore down towards the end of season. He is best when he is splitting the load. This team needs to be able to score more points through the air, or get a homerun threat at RB like Spiller. It was pathetic to see the team score only 23 points against the Colts, despite holding the ball for 45+ minutes. A devastating running game should mean huge plays on play action passes, but that isn't happening for the Dolphins. We have plenty of picks to shore up the defense. We spent a mint on Dansby. Give Henne a big, physical target (Bryant) or give the coaching staff a breakaway threat like Spiller.....

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:17 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'm counting on an injury free season for #23!

Of course that is just me being hopelessly optimistic :D Ricky is still lethal when splitting carries, imo.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:36 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Ronnie is hurt every year. Ricky wore down towards the end of season. He is best when he is splitting the load. This team needs to be able to score more points through the air, or get a homerun threat at RB like Spiller. It was pathetic to see the team score only 23 points against the Colts, despite holding the ball for 45+ minutes. A devastating running game should mean huge plays on play action passes, but that isn't happening for the Dolphins. We have plenty of picks to shore up the defense. We spent a mint on Dansby. Give Henne a big, physical target (Bryant) or give the coaching staff a breakaway threat like Spiller.....

You get too much into the total number of points scored.

Answer this: Would you rather score 23 points, but limit the opponent to 25 minutes of TOP, or score 27 points, but allow the opponent 35 min. of TOP??

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

You get too much into the total number of points scored.

Answer this: Would you rather score 23 points, but limit the opponent to 25 minutes of TOP, or score 27 points, but allow the opponent 35 min. of TOP??

I'm not sure where you're going with that....but to Frustrated: only 23 points? The Colts had less than a quarter to score more than 3 touchdowns. That's the offenses fault?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:49 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Yes....only scoring 23 points after possessing the ball for 3/4 of the game is the offense's fault...geez....

Yes, the defense stunk too.....doesn't make our offense any better, does it?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:35 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Yes....only scoring 23 points after possessing the ball for 3/4 of the game is the offense's fault...geez....

Yes, the defense stunk too.....doesn't make our offense any better, does it?

Our offense held the opponent to 14:54 time of possession, and you're going to blame them for the loss??

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:53 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

While the threat of Ricky & Ronnie is always promising going into a season. One more season of no playoffs or a first round loss & next season (2011) will probably bring in new blood at the running back position & with 1 playoff appearance under their tenor (that being a home loss) we will look back at this so called r&r express as just another list of running backs as what could have been & what should have been. Im afraid that with no post season sucess Ronnie Browns tenor here will be looked at as injury prone & never fulfilling his potential & Ricky will always be remembered for destroying his career as well as adding to the downward spiral prior to the 2008 season. Now if this franchise should finally win something with them , Dolphin history might be kinder to them.

Not to get away from the topic of this thread , the video was cool.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Nice. I wonder what would of happened last year, if ronnie stayed healthy. I think we might have made the wild card again.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

All the talk we do in the offseason is meaningless when actually watching real game footage. Ahhh. Thanks PR. Reminded me why I love this team. That catch Ronnie made against SD was so sick nasty.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

hypocritex wrote:
All the talk we do in the offseason is meaningless when actually watching real game footage. Ahhh. Thanks PR. Reminded me why I love this team. That catch Ronnie made against SD was so sick nasty.
Your on point. Reality Check......man i still love Ronnie and want him to be a Phin forever. Thanks for the vid PR.

*** I have to redeem myself, no more Spiller love......All about Ronnie and maybe McCluster to help with the wildcat and a breath for R&R.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:18 pm

MIAcubano13 wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Your on point. Reality Check......man i still love Ronnie and want him to be a Phin forever. Thanks for the vid PR.

*** I have to redeem myself, no more Spiller love......All about Ronnie and maybe McCluster to help with the wildcat and a breath for R&R.

Thanks. Appreciate it guys.

I agree. CJ Spiller is a complete smokescreen. I think Miami will use him to try and trade down.

I love McCluster. It would be tough spending a 2nd rounder on an offensive player, but McCluster would be one of the guys I would be looking for. Sparano loves him from the Senior Bowl, he's extremely versatile, tough for a little guy, and like you said he would be awesome in the WildCat.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:22 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Sorry about the Sox PR.....Im pulling for them, since my wife is from MA.....I hate the Yanks

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 pm

MIAcubano13 wrote:
Sorry about the Sox PR.....Im pulling for them, since my wife is from MA.....I hate the Yanks

Yeah, not really a great way to start the season. Becket is fighting for a new contract, so I doubt we see many more performances like this one tonight.

The Sox have 3 Aces in their rotation, so, I'm not worried about pitching. Let's just hope the middle and bottom of the line-up, you know, drive in some runs...

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:32 pm

...And then Youkilis came to the rescue!!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]