View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Case for moving up to get RGIII 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: The Case for moving up to get RGIII
LA Fins Fan wrote:
NOPE , THIS RGIII DUDE IS WAY OVER RATED, WAY TOO SHORT, AND PLAYED OR A MEDIOCRE COLLEGE !!!!! ANOTHER BUST !!!!!! AND, THE KID IS WAY IMMATURE !!

I miss this guy.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rich wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:
NOPE , THIS RGIII DUDE IS WAY OVER RATED, WAY TOO SHORT, AND PLAYED OR A MEDIOCRE COLLEGE !!!!! ANOTHER BUST !!!!!! AND, THE KID IS WAY IMMATURE !!

I miss this guy.

Literally not a single word was true in that post.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

I miss this guy.

Well, it wasn't a great football school

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 pm

WASN'T until he got there....

He said mediocre though. Not sure a school that was ranked all last year, and then just beat K State and Oklahoma St. in consecutive weeks this season is "mediocre".

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I have to admit, his passes zip out there on a frozen rope.

I really wish Sherman would watch how they roll that kid out of the pocket and make use of it with Tannehill. It's unbelievable how little of his athleticism is actually being used out there. At the end of the day wasn't that the big thing about him that could separate him from other QB's?

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
I have to admit, his passes zip out there on a frozen rope.

I really wish Sherman would watch how they roll that kid out of the pocket and make use of it with Tannehill. It's unbelievable how little of his athleticism is actually being used out there. At the end of the day wasn't that the big thing about him that could separate him from other QB's?

Tannehill is a pocket passer who used to play some receiver. While his athletic ability is good, it isn't necessary for him to run around on every play. We don't need to change the offense for Tannehill and make him a read option quarterback who works out of the shotgun and throws from behind his line like RGIII. Tannehill needs to continue his course of development as a pocket passer, ie his footwork, mechanics, reads, etc. Can he make plays with his feet, yes, but honestly I don't want to see him taking shots like RGIII. They're two completely different players and honestly I don't want Tannehill to change his style, just work on his consistency. The style of play Tannehill is learning right now is what will work best for him long term. It may not always be pretty right now, but it's honestly what's best for the long haul in my opinion.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Tannehill is a pocket passer who used to play some receiver. While his athletic ability is good, it isn't necessary for him to run around on every play. We don't need to change the offense for Tannehill and make him a read option quarterback who works out of the shotgun and throws from behind his line like RGIII. Tannehill needs to continue his course of development as a pocket passer, ie his footwork, mechanics, reads, etc. Can he make plays with his feet, yes, but honestly I don't want to see him taking shots like RGIII. They're two completely different players and honestly I don't want Tannehill to change his style, just work on his consistency. The style of play Tannehill is learning right now is what will work best for him long term. It may not always be pretty right now, but it's honestly what's best for the long haul in my opinion.

I asked for none of which you described.

I'm talking about the moments RGIII moves the pocket.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

I miss this guy.

Phins Rock wrote:

Do you really have so little to do in your life that you have to dig back in the archives to prove that someone was wrong. I mean seriously what is the point of this. Its not even like you added anything by saying this. The only point of your post is to bash someone who stated their opinion and is no longer even active on the blogs. Looking back he was clearly wrong but whats the point of this.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Do you really have so little to do in your life that you have to dig back in the archives to prove that someone was wrong. I mean seriously what is the point of this. Its not even like you added anything by saying this. The only point of your post is to bash someone who stated their opinion and is no longer even active on the blogs. Looking back he was clearly wrong but whats the point of this.

Ummmmmmmm...you replied right? Oh the irony...I love this board.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I asked for none of which you described.

I'm talking about the moments RGIII moves the pocket.

You mean when he takes deep shotgun snaps and rolls out? Or when he's in the pocket, gets happy feet, and breaks the pocket? RGIII isn't a pocket passer. He's a mobile quarterback that runs a combination of read option and shotgun spread. Taking snaps under center and working in the pocket isn't his thing.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolfan91 wrote:
Rich wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

I miss this guy.

Phins Rock wrote:

RGIII is far from a proven commodity. The style of offense he runs is one that cannot be run for very long. Cam Newton had a ton of success his rookie year and then came back down to earth once teams had some film on him and knew how to prepare for him. I think the same things will happen to RGIII. If you take away his rushing and you force him to be a pocket passer, then his numbers will come crashing back to earth. He's just a little ahead of the curve right now because he's new. All of that said, I think RGIII is a special player, and if he's able to adapt his game and become more of a pocket passer, then he could be a really great quarterback for a long time.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
November 7, 2012

By
Brian Filler
(Featured Columnist) on November 7, 2012

Ten weeks ago RG3 took the lead by storm with one of the most impressive rookie starts in Washington Redskins’ history. Armed with a quick release and blazing speed, the Baylor standout began carving through the NFL’s defenses.

To his credit, RG3 is a pocket passer with mobility and is not a running quarterback. He will stand in the pocket and make throws despite his ability to take off. However, RG3 needs to do a better job of sensing the collapsing pocket.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1399 ... st-improve

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Makchell wrote:

Ummmmmmmm...you replied right? Oh the irony...I love this board.

You got me there lol

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You got me there lol

LOL! No worries, I love your sense of humor and that you can laugh about it, it's refreshing.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

I agree with this. You're not asking the kid to be Vick but all we heard going into the draft was his accuracy got even better on the run. I guess maybe they don't want him getting careless and forming bad habits ala Tony Romo but he has wheels and can buy more time for his receivers who aren't exactly burners.

RG III best be careful. He's taking some serious shots and you'd hate to see his talent get destroyed through injury.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am

dolfan91 wrote:

What is the point of going to a fansite forum? Kill time when bored at work... it's not like we log on here because we have all this great stuff to go do but we'd rather be on the Internet posting about football... well let me just speak for myself on that one.

What was the point of your post? You're the one responding with a pointless post to a pointless post.

What does that say about you?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I was not trying to attack you or anything with my post. I was just trying to say that I thought it was unnecessary to attack someone who doesn't even post here anymore. I mean there is enough of people arguing on these boards that do take away from these boards. I just wanted to share my opinion because like you said these boards are just for people when were bored lol. That was the point of my post and i don't know what that says about me that is up to you to decide.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm

dolfan91 wrote:
I was not trying to attack you or anything with my post. I was just trying to say that I thought it was unnecessary to attack someone who doesn't even post here anymore. I mean there is enough of people arguing on these boards that do take away from these boards. I just wanted to share my opinion because like you said these boards are just for people when were bored lol. That was the point of my post and i don't know what that says about me that is up to you to decide.

It is unnecessary to be on a message board. We do a lot of unnecessary things around here.

And I didn't attack him, I said I missed him.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It is unnecessary to be on a message board. We do a lot of unnecessary things around here.

We need food, water, shelter, and clothes. I guess everything else in life is unnecessary. I miss him too Rich...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 am

Makchell wrote:

We need food, water, shelter, and clothes. I guess everything else in life is unnecessary. I miss him too Rich...

Don't forget procreation....

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:53 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yes, forgot about that.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

anybody know what happened to Iowa?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 am

Actually , I like going back into the archives to review guys opinions & I can tell you I have a whole lot to do in my life. Look , that is some of the fun in all of this.
As for the topic , liking RG3 is not knocking Tannehill. I think although his tyoe of QB has never won , RG3 seems more like the read deal than say guys like Vick & Cunningham. Although he plays in division that is always competitive I think it was a great move to move up to get him & will really pay off for Washington sooner than later.
Now in 4 years when RG3 is in that Ryan Leaf status you can pull this from the archives & see how wrong I was. LOL

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3