View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dilfer: Tannehill will be absolute rock star 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dilfer: Tannehill will be absolute rock star
Of the 5 starting rookie quarterbacks, Tannehill only has 2 years starting experience. He needs time, but there are times when you can see that he's going to be really good.

Quote:
Dilfer: Tannehill will be absolute rock star

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer believes Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill is going to be "an absolute rock star in this league, but it may take a little bit longer than some other places."

"Is he going to struggle, even next year? Absolutely, he's going to struggle a little bit," Dilfer said. "They're not an overly talented offense. Because of that, it's harder for the quarterback to be successful." Rotoworld's Chris Wesseling still ranks Tannehill higher than fellow rookies Russell Wilson or Brandon Weeden in Dynasty formats.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50119094/ ... ayer_news/

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dilfer: Tannehill will be absolute rock star
i think that's how alot of us view Tannehill's situation. In the long run I think he will be better than Wilson and would not be shocked if he has a better long-term career than RG3.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
ESPN’s Trent Dilfer says Dolphins need to stick with Chad Henne

Just a headline from 2011.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Quote:
ESPN’s Trent Dilfer says Dolphins need to stick with Chad Henne

Just a headline from 2011.

Haha ... Seriously look at his quote:

"I think the franchise would take a giant step backward if they started over and went and got another rookie,” Dilfer said recently on SportsCenter."

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... 15th-pick/

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:04 am

Dilfer has about 21 QB's in his top 5 list, so I never get excited when he has something positive to say.

That said I think he is right when he says it will take longer with Ryan.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

YES!!! Thanks Dilfer. All our prayers are answered RT is gonna be the man. Book it.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Dilfer has about 21 QB's in his top 5 list, so I never get excited when he has something positive to say.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Show me TD's and W's. Anything else is just much ado about nothing.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

LOL Rock but you are talking about the guy that broke Marinos rookie records.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
i think that's how alot of us view Tannehill's situation. In the long run I think he will be better than Wilson and would not be shocked if he has a better long-term career than RG3.

Based upon the whole situation, I think Tannehill will easily have a better career and more W's than RGIII. Barring injury of course.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:52 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Time will tell.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Makchell wrote:
Time will tell.

Exactly right. I suspect had we drafted RG3 or Wilson opinions would be that they will have the longer & more fruitful career.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Exactly right. I suspect had we drafted RG3 or Wilson opinions would be that they will have the longer & more fruitful career.

Of course. The "debate" goes that the SKins and Hawks have more talent, but the truth is, they both had losing seasons last year like us. The difference is that they got QBs that can ball, we got a project and the jury is still out.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

it's funny how Ryan Tannehill gets more respect from non-Dolphin fans

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 pm

swerve13 wrote:

I just think its because us Dolphin fans have seen this QB act for quite some time now. I really enjoy this forum but forgive me if I am a bit pessimistic about coming here & reading why we are going to win with every QB from Jay Fiedler to Ryan Tannehill & of course all those in between. I know the perception here by some is if you dont like the owner or the QB you are a traitor but I am at the point where this team needs to prove itself to me again , not jumping ship , just facing reality.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Who disrespected RT? Comments like he's a project and time will tell is disrespectful?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

Could you imagine the bashing people would be doing on here if those two guys put up the numbers Tanny is this year?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Could you imagine the bashing people would be doing on here if those two guys put up the numbers Tanny is this year?

About the same amount Tannehill is getting...?

Maybe more with RG3 because he was more highly touted coming out.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

We definitely wouldn't be hearing the "Give him a couple years" themed responses.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Something tells me if Dilfer came out and said he just doesn't see it with Tannehill and that Miami made a mistake we'd be hearing a few folks here saying that Dilfer is a great analyst and he knows better than us.

Isn't this topic old by now? What answer do people expect to have this week or next week? I feel like this is the same conversation under a different topic title with the same people every week. No one has proven anyone on either side of the conversation wrong.

I think the biggest topic for the Dolphins the rest of this year is Jonathan Martin. If he shows something then they just increased the power of their wallets in free agency and took a huge need off of the table in the draft.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

We definitely wouldn't be hearing the "Give him a couple years" themed responses.

Anybody who would be saying that about RG3 would be stupid.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 am

Its gonna be fun to watch RG3 to see if he just becomes another running QB who did not win or sets a new precedent I suspect he will be successful & he & Luck will have the same rivalry as Manning & Brady.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Something tells me if Dilfer came out and said he just doesn't see it with Tannehill and that Miami made a mistake we'd be hearing a few folks here saying that Dilfer is a great analyst and he knows better than us.

Isn't this topic old by now? What answer do people expect to have this week or next week? I feel like this is the same conversation under a different topic title with the same people every week. No one has proven anyone on either side of the conversation wrong.

I think the biggest topic for the Dolphins the rest of this year is Jonathan Martin. If he shows something then they just increased the power of their wallets in free agency and took a huge need off of the table in the draft.

exactly. It seems like fans are almost praying he fails. We're becoming like Boston Red Sox fans. Enjoying disappointment.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:

I doubt it. Probably some people would be saying that Dilfer jumped the gun and it is to early to tell about the rookie with limited playing experience. He has shown some good things and needs to make some improvements.

What are the two sides of the conversation?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:48 pm

swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:

exactly. It seems like fans are almost praying he fails. We're becoming like Boston Red Sox fans. Enjoying disappointment.

Jammer, should I get him, or are you going to take care of this one?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
jammer wrote:

I doubt it. Probably some people would be saying that Dilfer jumped the gun and it is to early to tell about the rookie with limited playing experience. He has shown some good things and needs to make some improvements.

What are the two sides of the conversation?

Look, as much as people try to play it down the middle with their comments its very obvious who is okay with giving Tannehill a year to learn under fire and who thinks Matt Moore got robbed of his chance. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to read between the lines.

And I disagree, I think people would be pointing out that as an NFL QB Dilfer knows what he is talking about. The Henne example wasn't so much him thinking Henne is legit but moreso that Miami wouldn't be doing his supporting cast any favors by drafting and starting a rookie when they are A. built to win with a veteran cast and B. dealing with a lockout shortened offseason where Henne knew the playbook and was teaching it to the players.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Jammer, should I get him, or are you going to take care of this one?

I'm a die hard Sox fan and I can say that most don't enjoy misery, they just got used to it and grew increasingly impatient. Sound familiar?

I don't think anyone wants him to fail but I do think they are empowered by the I told you so argument that Miami should have started someone else instead (whether they actually type that or not in their posts). Problem there is the alternatives were just as unproven in this offense and without Marshall's presence.

This offense as a whole wasn't going anywhere unless you had a top 10 QB guiding it. That option wasn't on the table.

Next year there are no more excuses.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Show tanny a decent o-line, a decent set of receivers, and an overall decently managed franchise and we might see some td's. We may never know how good he is thanks to ineptitude.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It seems like fans are almost praying he fails

darn it!!! You figured it out. You got me, bro. I hate Rt I hope he fails, I want...uh...ummm, who is a better prospect coming out this year? Umm, uhh. Swerve's world the sequel.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think it would help Tannehill to have more talent around him, but he has to make plays too. The QB position is the key to the offense. He had a tall order to fill today, but he missed a lot of key throws today. They might have been tough throws against that defense, but this is the NFL and not A & M. His accuracy has not been good lately.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

darn it!!! You figured it out. You got me, bro. I hate Rt I hope he fails, I want...uh...ummm, who is a better prospect coming out this year? Umm, uhh. Swerve's world the sequel.

seems like you get drunk during games and then spew out garbage on here afterward.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

and before you throw a crying fit remember you're the one who keeps singling me out and putting me in the crosshairs

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dilfer is a moron. I'd much rather listen to someone like Steve Young or Dan Marino. They tend to be a little more careful when they endorse a guy.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

seems like you get drunk during games and then spew out garbage on here afterward.

Damn...got me again. NOT! I was actually at the Eagles Bucs game and I drove! Got back around 6:15, watched the Fins 49ers via Tivo and didn't have a drop to drink all day! Wrong again Swerve, but it's your world, remember?.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:31 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

There is something odd about a guy named "swerve" calling another guy a drunk....

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:41 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

There is something odd about a guy named "swerve" calling another guy a drunk....

Right? WTHeck? lol

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
Show tanny a decent o-line, a decent set of receivers, and an overall decently managed franchise and we might see some td's. We may never know how good he is thanks to ineptitude.

This argument has grown so tiresome. Same crap we've been hearing for years.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rick wrote:

Yep.....it is like that Talking Heads tune...."Same as it ever was.....same as it ever was...."

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

That is a ridiculous comparison. Three very different players, running three very different offenses, on three very different teams. You can compare their stats all you want, but the bottom line is each guy is in a very different and unique situation. In my opinion Tannehill is being asked to do more with less.

Not only that but you have to consider that these are three very different fan bases. Look at Seattle and Washington, the stands are full, even when they're not winning. Look at Miami's, the stands are just about always empty. There was a time about ten plus years ago when Miami could pack the house, but that time is long gone. The organization is different, the team is different, and the entire fan base and general vibe is different.

I've been a Dolphins fan long enough to know that half of our fan base is pissed off at the world and extremely jaded. Jaded to the point where they're quick to dismiss anyone who is anything less that spectacular right out of the shoot. It's why we're on our sixth head coach since Shula and it's why we've torn through countless quarterbacks since Marino.

There is a reason some people on these boards keep preaching patience (especially in year one), it's because patience leads to consistency, consistency leads to stability, and stability usually leads to winning. Impatience leads to inconsistency, inconsistency leads to a lack of stability, and a lack of stability over a long time leads to what we have right now. People need to chill the heck out and let the kid/team develop.

Last edited by wkloiber13 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rick wrote:

Yep.....it is like that Talking Heads tune...."Same as it ever was.....same as it ever was...."

A pissed off jaded Dolphins fan fresh off a loss says what?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next