View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Brandon Marshall Tearing it up 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Brandon Marshall Tearing it up
wkloiber13 wrote:
I think two 3rd round picks for a prima donna, troublemaker, lockerroom cancer receiver is more than fair compensation. Marshall is a good player, but he's a terrible teammate (unless your name is Jay Cutler). I'm glad he's gone.

Two third rounders for a man with 101 receptions, 1,342 yards, and 9 TD's? On what planet? Remind me again which locker room Brandon Marshall has messed up by being a cancer? He may be weird and may be bi-polar, but I've yet to read anywhere from former players that Marshall was a divider.

Quote:
You're right, I can sit her and play the "what if" game, because there are still a lot of what ifs on the table. You blame Philbin and Ireland for jumping to conclusions on Marshall and trading him, yet you do the very same thing with regards to judging this trade. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

See there you go again .... the built in excuse about needing more time to judge. It's convenient. They deserve blame for CLEARLY not doing a good job investigating the situation, because if they had we wouldn't have handed him over for less than we acquired him for. Not to mention they would've been smart enough to facilitate something in anticipation of replacing his production and inevitable influence in the passing game.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

:war:

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Something else I noticed: just as I predicted, NOTHING has come of that "fight" that was the alleged trigger for BMarsh's departure. Which tells me two things:
1. BMarsh was telling the truth the whole time, and
2. Maybe Jeffy is the one with the personality disorder.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Philbin didn't want Marshall on the team. Thats the bottom line. He is going to rebuild the team with his type of players. That is the same reason Vontae Davis was sent packing. Neither of these players was in the long term plans of Philbin. They are not the type of players Philbin wants. Its going to take a total of 3 seasons to turn this roster over. We haven't even made it to the end of year 1.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

[i]Give me a break .... right now they DEFINITELY got the better end of the deal[/i

He would not put up those kind of numbers in MIA, so to say DEFINITELY really doesn't fit.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:51 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Something else I noticed: just as I predicted, NOTHING has come of that "fight" that was the alleged trigger for BMarsh's departure. Which tells me two things:
1. BMarsh was telling the truth the whole time, and
2. Maybe Jeffy is the one with the personality disorder.

Seeing that Jeff didn't get stabbed by his wife and didn't get into a fight with a taxi cab driver, i would thinkJeff has the cred.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
[i]Give me a break .... right now they DEFINITELY got the better end of the deal[/i

He would not put up those kind of numbers in MIA, so to say DEFINITELY really doesn't fit.

Mak, that's not my point. However, we knew he was capable of such production and he's the kind of player who plays up to it when happy. Sending him to Chicago to reunite with Cutler was definitely going to be the thing to appease the man. Hence why we got fleeced because the production out of him right now DESTROYS anything we got going on, particularly from the compensation we got in return. To compound matters we made literally no attempt to replace him.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's kind of a moot point then.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
It's kind of a moot point then.

Howso?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

some say it was Philbin's condition in order to be the HC they need to get rid of Marshall

some say it was because he had gotten into more trouble so Ireland wanted him gone

To make matters even worse the whole trade was done in the same week we were trying to get Manning, and some said we traded to make cap room for Wayne

Bottom line is nobody knows why, we just all see it was a bad move regardless if he didnt perform like he is with Cutler.
Marshall insnuated at the pro bowl his numbers in Miami were a result of a poor QB...

So here we have rumors, all conflictng each other, nobody can prove any of them.

I say if Tannehill can get this kind of production out of Bess/Hartline, he would have shined with having Marshall added to the mix...
Hey I can even do the what if approach and say we would be focused on the post season alread "if" we did not trade him..

But hes gone, and here we are.......

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I think two 3rd round picks for a prima donna, troublemaker, lockerroom cancer receiver is more than fair compensation. Marshall is a good player, but he's a terrible teammate (unless your name is Jay Cutler). I'm glad he's gone.

Two third rounders for a man with 101 receptions, 1,342 yards, and 9 TD's? On what planet? Remind me again which locker room Brandon Marshall has messed up by being a cancer? He may be weird and may be bi-polar, but I've yet to read anywhere from former players that Marshall was a divider.

Quote:
You're right, I can sit her and play the "what if" game, because there are still a lot of what ifs on the table. You blame Philbin and Ireland for jumping to conclusions on Marshall and trading him, yet you do the very same thing with regards to judging this trade. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

See there you go again .... the built in excuse about needing more time to judge. It's convenient. They deserve blame for CLEARLY not doing a good job investigating the situation, because if they had we wouldn't have handed him over for less than we acquired him for. Not to mention they would've been smart enough to facilitate something in anticipation of replacing his production and inevitable influence in the passing game.

Yes it is convenient, just like it's convenient for you to jump to conclusions before things have ran their course. You did the same thing when we traded Vontae Davis. You immediately started hollering about the here and now instead of considering that our staff was looking at the long term. You're very short-sighted when it comes to a lot of things like that. You tend to fly off the handle rather than waiting for things to play out.

As far as Marshall not being a divider. Are you talking about the same Brandon Marshall that acted up and was kicking footballs in Denver so that he could get traded after Cutler left? Or are you talking about the Brandon Marshall that used to throw temper tantrums on the sidelines and in practice in Miami? Or is it the Brandon Marshall that would get into big shouting matches with Henne on the sidelines during games? With his condition there are a lot of different Brandon Marshalls. Which one are you talking about.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
As far as Marshall not being a divider. Are you talking about the same Brandon Marshall that acted up and was kicking footballs in Denver so that he could get traded after Cutler left? Or are you talking about the Brandon Marshall that used to throw temper tantrums on the sidelines and in practice in Miami? Or is it the Brandon Marshall that would get into big shouting matches with Henne on the sidelines during games? With his condition there are a lot of different Brandon Marshalls. Which one are you talking about.

Amen. :yay:

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Mak, that's not my point. However, we knew he was capable of such production and he's the kind of player who plays up to it when happy. Sending him to Chicago to reunite with Cutler was definitely going to be the thing to appease the man. Hence why we got fleeced because the production out of him right now DESTROYS anything we got going on, particularly from the compensation we got in return. To compound matters we made literally no attempt to replace him.

No attempts to replace him yet.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:

Johnson
Gaffney
Armstrong
And now the new guy from cinci

Yeas they tried, they just failed miserably...

As far as his antics and the team...
Quote:
Dolphins players reacting on Twitter said they were sorry to hear the news of the trade, while Bears players were overjoyed.

"Hate to see my boy B Marshall go," running back Reggie Bush tweeted. "That's the league for you, one day your hear next day your gone. Chicago is getting one hell of a player!"

"Brandon Marshall out of Miami?" center Mike Pouncey tweeted. "Tell me this ain't true..."

Team mates were not happy he was traded, they were not happy Johnson was cut, and they were not happy Davis was traded..

Sure its part of the game, but its a sad part when a team kills itself for a season thinking future. Not sure Ireland even has a future now...

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Johnson
Gaffney
Armstrong
And now the new guy from cinci

Yeas they tried, they just failed miserably...

As far as his antics and the team...
Quote:
Dolphins players reacting on Twitter said they were sorry to hear the news of the trade, while Bears players were overjoyed.

"Hate to see my boy B Marshall go," running back Reggie Bush tweeted. "That's the league for you, one day your hear next day your gone. Chicago is getting one hell of a player!"

"Brandon Marshall out of Miami?" center Mike Pouncey tweeted. "Tell me this ain't true..."

Team mates were not happy he was traded, they were not happy Johnson was cut, and they were not happy Davis was traded..

Sure its part of the game, but its a sad part when a team kills itself for a season thinking future. Not sure Ireland even has a future now...

I'm talking about a real attempts to replace Marshall. You're pointing to the stop gaps we signed. None of those players were signed to anything more than a one year deal. While I don't have any high hopes for Binns, the jury is still out on that move. The kid is still only 23.

Also, just because Marshall had made some friends on the team doesn't mean he didn't also make enemies. Remember that. For every tweet you've got, you can find an article about Marshall messing up. Just because a few guys made some PC tweets after the fact doesn't change what happened.

My opinion of Ireland is a skeptical one. While he does have some great hits, he also has some big misses. His record is an inconsistent one in my eyes. So I think that Ross should evaluate Ireland after the season is over and make sure 100% that he's the guy we need going forward. This next draft is a very important one to this franchise. We've got a lot of picks. We can either do a lot of good or do a lot of damage to the future of this team. Whether he stays or goes, I just want to be sure the right guy is shopping for the groceries.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:56 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Look , from a football point we got schooled , no doubt about that , i even think WK would agree with that (OK maybe that is a stretch). However , if a guy does not want to be here i say show him the door & get what you can for him.
what we need to do is learn from signing these type of receivers. Wallace , Bowe ... you are just asking for more trouble & as someone pointed out none of these guys are gonna get excited about Tannehill throwing them them 7 yard out patterns.
If Ireland somehow survives all this & I think he will because he must really have something on Ross , he needs to do his job & draft some receivers. This whole lack of talent excuse is garbage. There is a freakin reason why we have a lack of talent. Teams have left us in the dust.
We dont need offensive lineman with our first picks , we need guys who can throw , run & catch.
This team scores one TD a game , it is not rocket science.
Sorry WK , I don't know if you are a Dolphin employee or are in the Ross or Ireland family ... I am not knocking you but at some point the reality has got to set in. A fish rots from the head first.
Its much more than the whole Brandon Marshall thing.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Look , from a football point we got schooled , no doubt about that , i even think WK would agree with that (OK maybe that is a stretch). However , if a guy does not want to be here i say show him the door & get what you can for him.
what we need to do is learn from signing these type of receivers. Wallace , Bowe ... you are just asking for more trouble & as someone pointed out none of these guys are gonna get excited about Tannehill throwing them them 7 yard out patterns.
If Ireland somehow survives all this & I think he will because he must really have something on Ross , he needs to do his job & draft some receivers. This whole lack of talent excuse is garbage. There is a freakin reason why we have a lack of talent. Teams have left us in the dust.
We dont need offensive lineman with our first picks , we need guys who can throw , run & catch.
This team scores one TD a game , it is not rocket science.
Sorry WK , I don't know if you are a Dolphin employee or are in the Ross or Ireland family ... I am not knocking you but at some point the reality has got to set in. A fish rots from the head first.
Its much more than the whole Brandon Marshall thing.

I'm not saying that the move was right, even though I would have tried to move Marshall had I been placed in the same situation (please understand that I hate prima donna receivers). I actually agree with one point you made, which is we need to learn from signing these types of players. We need to learn that building through the draft is the best way to go. Chasing after Brandon Marshalls and Chad Johnsons isn't the best way to go.

I'm not necessarily taking Philbin and Ireland's side, I'm merely saying I understand the move and I'm waiting until all of the results are in. If I had to judge the traded based off of right here and now, I'd give us an F and the Bears an A. It's hard to ignore that Egnew is riding the pine and Marshall is having a Pro Bowl season. But I'm not going to judge this trade until we've used both draft picks and developed both players.

I honestly think that the end result of this trade is 2-3 years away (like I said this was a move for the future). So until that time I'm going to watch and judge everything that happens. Then when I think it's time to give my full evaluation, I will. What I won't do is sit here and jump to conclusions.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2