View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Packers to part ways with Finley 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Packers to part ways with Finley
Quote:
A year ago, the Packers and Jermichael Finley were posturing for a tussle regarding whether the looming decision to use the franchise tag would result in compensation paid to a tight end or a receiver. Now, the team is making plans for a divorce.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers have decided to part ways with Finley after the season.

He could be cut, he could be traded. A $3 million roster bonus comes due on the 15th day of the new league year, which begins in March. Since trades can’t happen until the first day of the new league year, the Packers will have a two-week window for finding a trade partner.

Though it could be hard to get someone to trade for the one-year, $7 million remaining on the contract that the parties signed in February, the Packers possibly will be able to ship Finley to a team that would then sign him to a long-term deal.

Either way, Finley soon won’t have to worry about his lack of chemistry with quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... th-finley/

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Packers to part ways with Finley
I like Finley's talent, but his attitude certainly is something that has to be a concerns as well as his ability to stay healthy and the number of drops he has.

Miami could certainly use a player of Finley's ability at the TE position, but Philbin did not want anything to do with Brandon Marshall. I can't see him wanting to bring in Finley and his attitude.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:02 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Packers will not miss him just like contrary to a thread from about 6 weeks ago they do not miss Philbin.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I personally don't think this move will happen, mainly because I don't think we've given up on Egnew yet, but if Philbin wants the guy then I think we'll make a move to get him.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
I like Finley's talent, but his attitude certainly is something that has to be a concerns as well as his ability to stay healthy and the number of drops he has.

Miami could certainly use a player of Finley's ability at the TE position, but Philbin did not want anything to do with Brandon Marshall. I can't see him wanting to bring in Finley and his attitude.

But Philbin has worked with him before, unlike Marshall.
Just sayin...

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

Right now there are many other TE on the market I'd rather Miami look at.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Right now there are many other TE on the market I'd rather Miami look at.

Finley had the best season of his career when Philbin was managing the offense and writing up the gameplans.

That said, I think we'll find out pretty quickly when the season is over whether or not we're interested. If Philbin likes Finley, then I'm sure Ireland will be giving the Packers a call. Or we'll wait until he gets cut and then bring the guy in for a workout and possibly offer him a deal.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]