View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 One last time, for good measure 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post One last time, for good measure
Because I don't think we'll see Henne play a down in the NFL again after this season.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: One last time, for good measure
He will be a backup QB for years to come.
So it will depend on how the starters in front of him play and how healthy they are.

I think he will get a fair amount of playing time in the future.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
So it will depend on how the starters in front of him play and how healthy they are.

Totally agree. Why fans want to not let it go blows me away. He is not a Phin, so no reason to be concerned with him.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
degs wrote:

Totally agree. Why fans want to not let it go blows me away. He is not a Phin, so no reason to be concerned with him.

The guy was a total class act while he was here and has been since.
It didn't work out. He was let go. He moved on.

Good luck to you Chad. Hope you sign a 7 figure contract soon.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

When I watched Henne and the Jaguars play today, I saw the same poor offense we had the three previous three seasons. I'm glad we decided to part ways and move on. I was a big supporter of Henne during his tenure in Miami, there is no denying that. But what I saw today from Tannehill was that he's a step in the right direction. He's a clear improvement over Henne, and I think he's the right guy to be leading this team moving forward.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
When I watched Henne and the Jaguars play today, I saw the same poor offense we had the three previous three seasons.
Yeap. No running game, no TE, no stud Wrs. Yeap same offense.

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm glad we decided to part ways and move on. I was a big supporter of Henne during his tenure in Miami, there is no denying that. But what I saw today from Tannehill was that he's a step in the right direction. He's a clear improvement over Henne, and I think he's the right guy to be leading this team moving forward.
When Tanny does it against a quality D, then its worth saying Miami is headed in the right direction.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
When I watched Henne and the Jaguars play today, I saw the same poor offense we had the three previous three seasons.
Yeap. No running game, no TE, no stud Wrs. Yeap same offense.

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm glad we decided to part ways and move on. I was a big supporter of Henne during his tenure in Miami, there is no denying that. But what I saw today from Tannehill was that he's a step in the right direction. He's a clear improvement over Henne, and I think he's the right guy to be leading this team moving forward.
When Tanny does it against a quality D, then its worth saying Miami is headed in the right direction.

Yeah, it was a weird kind of deja vu in a way watching Henne play exactly the same as he did when he was wearing a Dolphins uniform. I guess in a way I was expecting to see a different player, either better or worse.

Tannehill hasn't had a good game against a good defense? He played well against Seattle and brought us from behind. Seattle's defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL right now. In addition, he led us to wins against St. Louis and Cincinnatti, the 9th and 12th ranked defenses in the NFL. He also threw for 400 yards against the Arizona Cardinals, the 5th best team in the NFL against the pass. Despite Jacksonville being bad against the pass, they're still ranked ahead of us in that category. I think that Tannehill has shown that he's more than capable of handling himself at this level, something many thought he couldn't do this year. If he manages to win one of the next two games, then our record will improve from last season. To me, that's a step in the right direction.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Tannehill hasn't had a good game against a good defense? He played well against Seattle and brought us from behind. Seattle's defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL right now. In addition, he led us to wins against St. Louis and Cincinnatti, the 9th and 12th ranked defenses in the NFL. He also threw for 400 yards against the Arizona Cardinals, the 5th best team in the NFL against the pass. Despite Jacksonville being bad against the pass, they're still ranked ahead of us in that category. I think that Tannehill has shown that he's more than capable of handling himself at this level, something many thought he couldn't do this year. If he manages to win one of the next two games, then our record will improve from last season. To me, that's a step in the right direction

Yeap and the Bengals (maybe) and Hawks are going to the playoffs. Posters are just mad becuase they stuck up for Henne when most said he sucked, a pick a game, check his td/int ratio for his career. Yes, RT's isn't much better but he's a rookie, remember? Henne peeked as a rookie.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:

Tannehill hasn't had a good game against a good defense? He played well against Seattle and brought us from behind. Seattle's defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL right now. In addition, he led us to wins against St. Louis and Cincinnatti, the 9th and 12th ranked defenses in the NFL. He also threw for 400 yards against the Arizona Cardinals, the 5th best team in the NFL against the pass. Despite Jacksonville being bad against the pass, they're still ranked ahead of us in that category. I think that Tannehill has shown that he's more than capable of handling himself at this level, something many thought he couldn't do this year. If he manages to win one of the next two games, then our record will improve from last season. To me, that's a step in the right direction.
He played well late in that game. Plus factor in Sea is a WC team who traveled East for a 1:00 game.

Where are you pulling those rankings from? Rankings are based on yardage, not how good a team happens to be.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Tannehill hasn't had a good game against a good defense? He played well against Seattle and brought us from behind. Seattle's defense is ranked 3rd in the NFL right now. In addition, he led us to wins against St. Louis and Cincinnatti, the 9th and 12th ranked defenses in the NFL. He also threw for 400 yards against the Arizona Cardinals, the 5th best team in the NFL against the pass. Despite Jacksonville being bad against the pass, they're still ranked ahead of us in that category. I think that Tannehill has shown that he's more than capable of handling himself at this level, something many thought he couldn't do this year. If he manages to win one of the next two games, then our record will improve from last season. To me, that's a step in the right direction

Yeap and the Bengals (maybe) and Hawks are going to the playoffs. Posters are just mad becuase they stuck up for Henne when most said he sucked, a pick a game, check his td/int ratio for his career. Yes, RT's isn't much better but he's a rookie, remember? Henne peeked as a rookie.

I agree, I think many see Tannehill's performance this year as being similar to veteran quarterbacks of the past, and so they're quick to bundle him in with that group forgetting he's a true rookie starter. Most younger Dolphins fans have never seen a true rookie starter (myself included) and so this is new territory and can be confusing in many ways. While I think they're not necessarily mad, they are overly skeptical due to being emotionally scarred from watching their quarterback hopes and dreams get destroyed over and over again the past ten plus years.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

He played well late in that game. Plus factor in Sea is a WC team who traveled East for a 1:00 game.

Where are you pulling those rankings from? Rankings are based on yardage, not how good a team happens to be.

If you go to ESPN, go to NFL stats, and look under total team defense, that is where I got these numbers. If you look at the rest of the top ten all of the usual suspects are there, Seattle's defense is no fluke, it's very good. Same goes for Arizona's secondary, they just intercepted Stafford three times today.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

It honestly drives me nuts when people keep saying this pick a game thing. You put no context to it and ignore whenever someone explains the garbage time interceptions or circumstances that aren't the QB's fault. Numbers aren't everything and plenty of QBs carry good stats that are nothing more than their weapons making them appear better than they are. Its not excuse making, its just actually being thorough when examining a guy's track record.

Was Henne the answer in Miami? No. Could he have done better with better coaching and weapons, probably. Why people felt the need to kick the guy when he was down and continue to pile on is beyond me. The freaking venom thrown at the guy made this website unreadable for a good 10 months.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:

If you go to ESPN, go to NFL stats, and look under total team defense, that is where I got these numbers. If you look at the rest of the top ten all of the usual suspects are there, Seattle's defense is no fluke, it's very good. Same goes for Arizona's secondary, they just intercepted Stafford three times today.

Wanted to make sure. Since rankings are based off yardage. Ariz is one of the worst teams against the run, so naturally their passing Yds are lower because why throw when you can run.

Sea is a good D & pretty much shut Miami down until late in the game.

Cincy is also a good D, but really did he play well against Cincy? 17 /26 for 223

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Wanted to make sure. Since rankings are based off yardage. Ariz is one of the worst teams against the run, so naturally their passing Yds are lower because why throw when you can run.

Sea is a good D & pretty much shut Miami down until late in the game.

Cincy is also a good D, but really did he play well against Cincy? 17 /26 for 223

Arizona is 3rd in the NFL in interceptions. They have two defensive backs in the top ten in the NFL in interceptions. There is a reason teams try to run against them, it's because they run a huge risk of getting intercepted if they throw too much.

Seattle didn't shut him down, we scored over 20 points in that game and Tannehill had a passer rating of 97.1.

In the Cincy game Tannehill posted a 92.3 passer rating and it wasn't his fault that Lane fumbled in the redzone. Tannehill was accurate, safe with the football, and put us in a position to win. That's pretty good if you ask me for a rookie quarterback in his 5th game playing on the road against a good team.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:

Arizona is 3rd in the NFL in interceptions. They have two defensive backs in the top ten in the NFL in interceptions. There is a reason teams try to run against them, it's because they run a huge risk of getting intercepted if they throw too much.
Argumentative, but also the D that gave up 58 points. Good D's do not give up 58 points.

wkloiber13 wrote:
Seattle didn't shut him down, we scored over 20 points in that game and Tannehill had a passer rating of 97.1.
Sea. shut him down until the 4th Qtr, when a Int by Tanny was voided by a questionable call on a RTP & Tanny went on a run. Until then, Tanny was shut down.

wkloiber13 wrote:
In the Cincy game Tannehill posted a 92.3 passer rating and it wasn't his fault that Lane fumbled in the redzone. Tannehill was accurate, safe with the football, and put us in a position to win. That's pretty good if you ask me for a rookie quarterback in his 5th game playing on the road against a good team.
Tanny didn't do anything to lose the game, but did not do anything to win it either. Its was pretty good, but leave it at that.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Henne gets such a bad rap on here...

He is very robotic in the pocket, and I might be tempted to say, he has lead feet, but he has a good arm and makes fast decisions. I still think he was never properly developed, and then they kept taking him out for the wildcat.

I'm on the Tannehill bandwagon, now...and after suffering through the worst decade of phin football, I'm actually excited about where we're going. Phibin and Tannehill are the future, but Henne never got recognized for by the fans for his play here...

Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
degs wrote:

The guy was a total class act while he was here and has been since.
It didn't work out. He was let go. He moved on.

Good luck to you Chad. Hope you sign a 7 figure contract soon.

:yay:

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It honestly drives me nuts when people keep saying this pick a game thing. You put no context to it and ignore whenever someone explains the garbage time interceptions or circumstances that aren't the QB's fault

Those QBs that have an even td/int ratio do not win in the league. yes, you are correct regarding "perspective" of the particular play....BUT Henne had the longest losing streak in the NFL 2 years ago and going into last season. He also has a horrible td/int ratio and that translates into losses and I don't care if you have a 5 gallon bucket of perspective Henne is a backup QB. BTW, he's not even on our team anymore, why are still talking about him? lol

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]