View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Playoff Chance? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Playoff Chance?
Listen........the stars have to be perfectly in line for us to make the playoffs, but it will be fun for the last game to have meaning. First, we must beat Buffalo and Pitt (at home) must beat Cinn this week. I feel pretty good about those games.

The final week is the real prayer................first we must beat the Pats in NE, then Pitt must lose to the Browns at home and Balt must beat Cinn in Cincinnati. OK, I put the odds of all that happening at < 5%...........but it's been a while since we had any hope going into the final week.

Last edited by shularino on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:24 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Post Re: Playoff Chance?
Well, after seeing all those lucky bounces/fumbles going to the 49ners the other night, I guess it's possible for Miami to win in NE.

But I highly doubt it. I saw real heart and determination from the 49ners. They wanted to win. It was a combination of giving 100% (which still was not enough without some luck), and the fates that gave San Fran the win.

Houston was embarrassed in NE just days before. There will be many stars that have to line up just right for any chance of Miami beating NE up there.

To think that Miami is anywhere near the caliber of Houston or San Francisco is unrealistic. Miami is nowhere near that dimension in any way.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Patriots only beat us by 7 the last time we played. If we can improve from that performance, and not shoot ourselves in the foot (something we do all to often as a young team), then perhaps we can make it a game.

But honestly, I'm a little more concerned with Buffalo right now. Tannehill had a rough game against the Bills last time around. I'm hoping he can bounce back, have another good game, and lead us to a winning record at home this year. A win this week would put us at 5-3 for the season at home. That's a step in the right direction if you ask me. We lost way too many games at home under Sparano, it's nice to see that trend is being reversed.

If we're going to have any shred of a chance of making the playoffs, or having that New England game mean anything, then we need to win this week against Buffalo.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I know... It looks winnable if you only think about how Miami lost to NE because Miami "gifted 14 points to them" from mistakes. But NE did not have to play harder to beat us.

But I think NE always has that ability to play to whatever level they need. Many NE games are simply capitalizing on mistakes of sucky teams. But usually, when a good team comes to town, NE plays up to a higher level.

Watch the Houston game. That is the level that NE will play for the rest of the year. San Francisco is the real deal so they pulled off a win but there is no way NE loses any more games until the first or second play off game from now on.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

LOL playoffs.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

is there still a chance?? every time when they display the playoff hunt, we were never even listed as a possibility. I know its not likely, but they usually put up the teams that are at least mathematically alive. Just not sure if the tiebreakers even give us a chance even if we do win out and the necessary teams lose.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

marc23 wrote:
is there still a chance?? every time when they display the playoff hunt, we were never even listed as a possibility. I know its not likely, but they usually put up the teams that are at least mathematically alive. Just not sure if the tiebreakers even give us a chance even if we do win out and the necessary teams lose.

The original post has the scenario correct.

We need to 1) Beat Buffalo and NE. 2) Pittsburgh beat Cincy, and lose to Cleveland. 3) Baltimore beat Cincy.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
LOL playoffs.

I hear you, but if Miami and Pittsburgh can win this week............it makes next week's game a bit more exciting. It's better than being the JETS.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Imagine beating ARZ and the Titans..... :cry:

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:46 am

There is not a team in the afc that wants us in the playoffs. The cream rises to the top this time of year and there is little doubt we would be playing in February.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Although its a slim chance, I am hoping for all the stars to align for Miami. Even if its a one and done in the playoffs. You cant get playoff experience without being in the playoffs. A playoff berth would be a bonus for us.

:runwiththeball:

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shularino wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
LOL playoffs.

I hear you, but if Miami and Pittsburgh can win this week............it makes next week's game a bit more exciting. It's better than being the JETS.

Actually, I would say the first game against the Jets, Ariz and Indy are the games we gave away. Missed field goals and Sean Smith forgetting how to play cost us those.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

:grin: I'm excited. Those things could happen. Miami beating N.E. seems like the hardest of the scenarios.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
LOL playoffs.

I agree, at least we're in the hunt to a small degree. Last year this time we were already mathematically eliminated. I'm just happy we're in the mix. If we make it or not, I just want to see this team improve and finish strong.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

As up and down as this season has been, I just hope Miami can beat Buffalo.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:19 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

The Hen wrote:

:grin: I'm excited. Those things could happen. Miami beating N.E. seems like the hardest of the scenarios.

LOL

Love it!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:48 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Go F'n figure, we have a shot at the playoffs and the world is going to end Friday before we get there...

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]