View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Dolphins officially eliminated from Playoffs 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Dolphins officially eliminated from Playoffs
Cinci won. Cinci and Indy have locked in berths... We be done now.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 6684.story

Quote:
It was symbolic of how almost everything went Miami’s way. You hold it to “almost everything” because the Dolphins’ thin playoff hopes came to an end when Cincinnati defeated Pittsburgh, 13-10. The Bengals (9-6) victory eliminates the Dolphins. Still, it was a good day for Miami.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:58 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins officially eliminated from Playoffs
This pretty much describes how I think we all feel....perfectly.

"I will feed them hope to poison their souls"

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Too bad, but I think we all knew that we dug ourselves in too deep a hole where we had to depend on other teams to help get us in.

Despite falling in next year's draft, I'd love to see another Dolphins victory next week over the Patriots to finish out at 8-8.

I thought we'd be 6-10 this year, so, we've all ready won one more game that I predicted. Let's go for 2.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

went 5-3 at home this year. Certainly a lot better than 1-7 record in 2010

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ski_Money wrote:

So much for that 2nd Rd pick from Indy being a high 2nd.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
This pretty much describes how I think we all feel....perfectly.

"I will feed them hope to poison their souls"

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

great movie by the way. LOL

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:30 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

I know VD has had some injury issues this year, but when on the field he has not played well. He's giving up 77.8% completions this year, so, it looks like a late 2nd round pick may be ripping them off at this point no matter that he was a late 1st round pick for us. He's physically gifted, but mentally he is holding himself back.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

I know VD has had some injury issues this year, but when on the field he has not played well. He's giving up 77.8% completions this year, so, it looks like a late 2nd round pick may be ripping them off at this point no matter that he was a late 1st round pick for us. He's physically gifted, but mentally he is holding himself back.

we can get a future starting corner with that pick

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Man , Indy has become quite the story. No need to doubt that guys ability to lead a 4th quarter drive from behind. Also Peyton in Denver is just unreal. All that said however with the Suck for Luck & Waitin on Peyton we have the best of the bunch.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Too bad, but I think we all knew that we dug ourselves in too deep a hole where we had to depend on other teams to help get us in.

Despite falling in next year's draft, I'd love to see another Dolphins victory next week over the Patriots to finish out at 8-8.

I thought we'd be 6-10 this year, so, we've all ready won one more game that I predicted. Let's go for 2.

I agree, the season might be over from a playoff perspective, but this team still has plenty to play for next week. We've already ended our home season on a high note, it would be nice to end the rest of the season on a high. While I don't know how much momentum you can carry with you going into next season considering how much change is likely coming, you can leave a lasting impression on the league and fans if you are able to finish strong and cap off your season with an impressive win over New England.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:15 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Not to live in the past, but can someone remind how in the world the Dolphins got blown out by a hapless Titan team?

Forget Carpenter's miscues, that's the game we should have won.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mindtornado wrote:
Not to live in the past, but can someone remind how in the world the Dolphins got blown out by a hapless Titan team?

Forget Carpenter's miscues, that's the game we should have won.

You can't forget Carpenter's miscues. We're two fieldgoals away from being 9-6 right now. While it was nice to see Carpenter get things back on track late in the season, he really hurt us early in the year.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Man , Indy has become quite the story. No need to doubt that guys ability to lead a 4th quarter drive from behind. Also Peyton in Denver is just unreal. All that said however with the Suck for Luck & Waitin on Peyton we have the best of the bunch.
We have a solid Quarterback but not the best of the bunch. I'd still take Wilson, the guy is making the 9ers defense look like child's play.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah Carpenter blew 2 games for us but had we played in Seattle we lose that game & had we played the Bengals now we lose as well. A loss is a loss is my point. Just as some could have been wins , some wins could have been losses.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:20 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Yeah Carpenter blew 2 games for us but had we played in Seattle we lose that game & had we played the Bengals now we lose as well. A loss is a loss is my point. Just as some could have been wins , some wins could have been losses.

Funny how fans fixate on something like field goals we missed which could've won the game for us ... but they forget other teams made similar mistakes against us in close games where they could've won. So ya, a loss is a loss.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:23 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Funny how fans fixate on something like field goals we missed which could've won the game for us ... but they forget other teams made similar mistakes against us in close games where they could've won. So ya, a loss is a loss.

Yep that is my point. But once again we end a season by convincing ourselves we are the best non playoff team. Something to be proud of & give us that momentum going into next season. Seems like we always have that momentum , works out real well.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Yep that is my point. But once again we end a season by convincing ourselves we are the best non playoff team. Something to be proud of & give us that momentum going into next season. Seems like we always have that momentum , works out real well.

LOL ....

When we start consistently beating good teams, I'll start convincing myself we've turned a corner. Franchises like the Bills and Jags are not quality litmus tests.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

LOL ....

When we start consistently beating good teams, I'll start convincing myself we've turned a corner. Franchises like the Bills and Jags are not quality litmus tests.

Yes, but the Bengals and Seahawks are good teams this year, and we beat both of them. We lost by a touchdown or less to the majority of our opponents this year and were in the game late in the 4th quarter. Call it whatever you want. We were a competitive team this year and a good bounce here or a couple of made fieldgoals there, and we're a potential playoff team. You can piss and moan all you want, but this is a team with the arrow pointing up and we have a lot of picks and $$$ going into next season. I think our staff has a plan and they're going to help this team get over the hump next year. I have more faith in this new staff at 7-8 than I did in the staff that went 11-5 a few years ago. At least you know what we're doing now isn't a fluke. There is not trickery. It's just straight up good football that when executed properly wins you games.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]