View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:17 pm



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Percy Harvin 
Author Message
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 68
Post Percy Harvin
Quote:
In the aftermath of a report this week from Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com that Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier engaged in a “heated exchange” before Harvin’s placement on injured reserve, there is plenty of scuttlebutt regarding the question of whether Harvin will ask again to be traded — and whether this time the Vikings will decide to grant his request.


I would give up our first rounder for him. he fills a team need and is an elite talent. Would you give up a 1st rounder for him or something else if it meant landing him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-vikings/


Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3237
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Percy Harvin
dolfan91 wrote:
Quote:
In the aftermath of a report this week from Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com that Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier engaged in a “heated exchange” before Harvin’s placement on injured reserve, there is plenty of scuttlebutt regarding the question of whether Harvin will ask again to be traded — and whether this time the Vikings will decide to grant his request.


I would give up our first rounder for him. he fills a team need and is an elite talent. Would you give up a 1st rounder for him or something else if it meant landing him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-vikings/


Better get a grasp on how disruptive Percy can be off the field. Love his talent, but this kid has been a problem since high school.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Percy Harvin
NO


Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5047
Post Re: Percy Harvin
I'd pass. Davone Bess and Reggie Bush combined can do everthing Percy Harvin can. He doesn't fill an area of need in my opinion. We need outside guys.


Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3237
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Percy Harvin
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'd pass. Davone Bess and Reggie Bush combined can do everthing Percy Harvin can. He doesn't fill an area of need in my opinion. We need outside guys.


Percy can be that wkloiber. He has great speed, and he definitely is a great YAC guy. I just think Percy brings the type of problems that this staff wants no parts of.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5047
Post Re: Percy Harvin
phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'd pass. Davone Bess and Reggie Bush combined can do everthing Percy Harvin can. He doesn't fill an area of need in my opinion. We need outside guys.


Percy can be that wkloiber. He has great speed, and he definitely is a great YAC guy. I just think Percy brings the type of problems that this staff wants no parts of.


I'm not so sure. I see Harvin as a multi-purpose receiver, similar to how Bush is a multi-purpose back. If you want a playmaker that you can move all around the field, then Harvin is great. But we already have Reggie Bush, he does many of those things for us already.

I think that what we need is an outside speedster guy and a big outside redzone guy. We should already have a speedy guy like that on the roster in Clyde Gates, but our current staff decided he was too much of a project at this point. We also should have a big physical receiver in Brandon Marshall, but we traded him away. What we need in my opinion is a Marshall type without the issues and a Gates type who can catch the ball and run routes.


Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Percy Harvin
For a single first round pick you are absolutely robbing Minnesota blind.

If he's available, that's such an obvious move to pursue.


Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Percy Harvin
No....seems to be hurt or nicked up a lot.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5047
Post Re: Percy Harvin
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
No....seems to be hurt or nicked up a lot.


I agree, Harvin is nicked up a lot. He's on IR right now for an ankle injury. Not only that, but the guy has missed several games during his career due to migranes. He actually had to be carted off the practice field because he puked and collapsed. No way do I want this guy. Too many red flags.


Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3846
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Minn is not trading Harvin


Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Percy Harvin
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
No....seems to be hurt or nicked up a lot.

Perception is not always reality.


Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 834
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Phins Rock wrote:
For a single first round pick you are absolutely robbing Minnesota blind.

If he's available, that's such an obvious move to pursue.


Totally. This kid will be a game changer when hes allowed to be used properly. I would trade for him too.

From what I understand the amount, or lack of playing time was why he & Frazier are always arguing. We may never know though why they were always fighting. So it doesn't seem like he is, from the outside, the kind of guy Philbin would look in to.

Can't blame the guy for wanting to be on the field every play. Its true that he deals with ailments but I think he's tough because hes always trying to play through. You can't hold the migraine issue against him. Its bizarre that they couldn't find a medication to subside symptoms & even more bizarre to think he played so effectively with them

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:27 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3237
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Steve Zissou wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
For a single first round pick you are absolutely robbing Minnesota blind.

If he's available, that's such an obvious move to pursue.


Totally. This kid will be a game changer when hes allowed to be used properly. I would trade for him too.

From what I understand the amount, or lack of playing time was why he & Frazier are always arguing. We may never know though why they were always fighting. So it doesn't seem like he is, from the outside, the kind of guy Philbin would look in to.

Can't blame the guy for wanting to be on the field every play. Its true that he deals with ailments but I think he's tough because hes always trying to play through. You can't hold the migraine issue against him. Its bizarre that they couldn't find a medication to subside symptoms & even more bizarre to think he played so effectively with them


There more than that in regards to Percy. I will say it once again, hugely talented kid with PROBLEMS.

The kind of problems Philbin will not want to deal with at all. Guys need to start realizing that Philbin is not close to wanting problem kids.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5045
Post Re: Percy Harvin
dolfan91 wrote:
Quote:
In the aftermath of a report this week from Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com that Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier engaged in a “heated exchange” before Harvin’s placement on injured reserve, there is plenty of scuttlebutt regarding the question of whether Harvin will ask again to be traded — and whether this time the Vikings will decide to grant his request.


I would give up our first rounder for him. he fills a team need and is an elite talent. Would you give up a 1st rounder for him or something else if it meant landing him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-vikings/


Only thing he's elite at is getting hurt.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:27 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4370
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Besides getting dinged up, doesn't Harvin also have a history of migraine headaches. Nahh, he is not the durable game changing receiver the Dolphins need. My vote is if we can trade for Larry Fitzgerald or someone of his caliber.


Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 463
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Do any of you guys who say he gets hurt all the time actually look at statistics or do you just pull stuff out of your rears?

He was placed on IR this year for the first time in his career, but was on pace for a career year before an ankle injury ended his year.

Prior to that, he missed three games in three years. So I wouldn't exactly say the guy is brittle, especially with how many different ways this guy is used.

Minnesota finally figured out how to use the guy this year. Each of the last two years, it wasn't uncommon to see him off the field inside the redzone (inexplicably) or in short-yardage situations.

This guy is also an elite kick returner.

If we could get him for a single first round pick (unlikely), especially one that is now more towards the middle of the first round, I'd do it in a heart beat. Remember, he's not even 25 yet...


Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3846
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Finhead34 wrote:
My vote is if we can trade for Larry Fitzgerald or someone of his caliber.

Only Miami/Den trades that type caliber Wr.


Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2157
Post Re: Percy Harvin
I want Wallace or Bowe and a 1st round WR. Hartline, Bess and Matthews complete the unit. Bush and Miller should give us a potent backfield. Tannehill will have enough weapons. Clay and Fasano will be adequate at TE. Perhaps the O-line will hold up and be strengthened win the draft of a RT?

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3846
Post Re: Percy Harvin
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I want Wallace or Bowe and a 1st round WR. Hartline, Bess and Matthews complete the unit. Bush and Miller should give us a potent backfield. Tannehill will have enough weapons. Clay and Fasano will be adequate at TE. Perhaps the O-line will hold up and be strengthened win the draft of a RT?

Why Bowe?


Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2626
Location: MA.
Post Re: Percy Harvin
If Long is not resigned you most likley get a 3rd round pick....Unless you sign a big free agent like Wallace..

Just a factor.

You may see the team stay with the picks they have and sign some depth..

Wallace didn't help the Steelers into the playoffs this year.. They have a better qb wr's and defense.

And at 12 to 15 million per. Wallace is pricey.


Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5047
Post Re: Percy Harvin
Kev1321 wrote:
If Long is not resigned you most likley get a 3rd round pick....Unless you sign a big free agent like Wallace..

Just a factor.

You may see the team stay with the picks they have and sign some depth..

Wallace didn't help the Steelers into the playoffs this year.. They have a better qb wr's and defense.

And at 12 to 15 million per. Wallace is pricey.


I agree, re-sign the veteran free agents who are on the roster now and that can contribute going forward. Then go into the draft with the intentions of filling every area of need. Build the team through the draft. After the draft, evaluate where you are and then start to comb through the free agent market and see what happens. A lot of nice veteran free agents hit the open market or become available after the draft.

Guys like Wallace aren't going to solve anything. In fact, they're probably going to make matters worse just like Marshall did. We're better off without a diva receiver on the team. We don't need an overhyped one trick pony that drops passes.


Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coldfin, Google [Bot], hallphin and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.