View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Talent Around Tannehill 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Talent Around Tannehill
Can we end the debate about the talent around Tannehill? For two weeks in a row Tannehill has turned in solid performances and led the team to victory despite his already weak supporting cast being even weaker than usual minus Bess. His wideout corps today were an injured Hartline, a 7th round pick who mainly played special teams for the majority of the season (Matthews), a special teams gunner who also played special teams for the majority of the season (Moore), and a former undrafted free agent who has only been with the team for two weeks (Binns).

Can we all please agree that if we want to see Tannehill start to really shine we need to put more talent around him??? It's obvious that he can overcome a poor supporting cast and still lead this team to victory. He's proven that the past two weeks. By the look of things Tannehill has made adjustments to his game and has gotten over the rookie wall. Imagine what he could do with a great supporting cast? Imagine if he had a full arsenal of receivers similar to what they have in Green Bay?

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Talent Around Tannehill
Imagine there's no talent
It's easy if you try
No one to throw a pass too
Makes me want to cry
Imagine all the people loving Tannehill

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine the draft now
I wonder if you can
Only Wide Receivers
A TE maybe come on man
Imagine all that talent and loving Tannehill

You, you may say

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

wkloiber13 wrote:
Can we end the debate about the talent around Tannehill? For two weeks in a row Tannehill has turned in solid performances and led the team to victory despite his already weak supporting cast being even weaker than usual minus Bess. His wideout corps today were an injured Hartline, a 7th round pick who mainly played special teams for the majority of the season (Matthews), a special teams gunner who also played special teams for the majority of the season (Moore), and a former undrafted free agent who has only been with the team for two weeks (Binns).

Can we all please agree that if we want to see Tannehill start to really shine we need to put more talent around him??? It's obvious that he can overcome a poor supporting cast and still lead this team to victory. He's proven that the past two weeks. By the look of things Tannehill has made adjustments to his game and has gotten over the rookie wall. Imagine what he could do with a great supporting cast? Imagine if he had a full arsenal of receivers similar to what they have in Green Bay?

An awful Jax team and a Barfalo team that looks like it's giving up. Yeah, that brings up my confidence. The real test is next week, especially since the Pats will be bringing their A game so that they can secure home-field advantage.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
An awful Jax team and a Barfalo team that looks like it's giving up. Yeah, that brings up my confidence. The real test is next week, especially since the Pats will be bringing their A game so that they can secure home-field advantage.

I'll give you that Jacksonville is not a very good team this year and neither are the Bills. But this is still the same Buffalo team that he struggled with big time just a little over a month ago. He had a 46.9 QBR the first time he saw the Bills. Today he had a 93.8 QBR. That's a pretty significant turnaround. To me, the last two wins are a sign that Tannehill is getting past the rookie wall. What's even more impressive to me is he's doing it without Davone Bess, his #2 target.

In addition, this is now the second time this year that Tannehill has gone four straight games without an INT. In his last five games he's thrown 6 touchdowns to 1 interception. He's gone 3-2 in that span. To me it shows signs that he's improving.

While I agree that the Patriots are the gold standard in the AFC East right now, and all other teams are stacked up against them. So far this year we've been able to bounce back and have solid performances against both the Jets and Bills the second time we faced them. I think our staff is still learning the ropes in the AFC East, and so is Tannehill. I expect us to play much better than we did last time. I think it will be an even closer game if not a win for us.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 am
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

OK , fine there is a lack of talent around him although before every season we make a case about how much talent we really do have. Anyway , there is a reason there is a lack of talent. Its because the lack of a GM.
This was a pretty good QB class , lets see who gets the better talent around him the quickest ... Luck , RG3 , Wilson or Tannehill.
Man I am so sick of not making the playoffs.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:15 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:

Exactly man. BEAT SOMEBODY. Not those pathetic Jags/Bills teams and not just "managing" the game. I'll feel infinitely more confident if he looks good up in Foxboro. Just like earlier in the season though, as the running game goes, Tannehill performs better.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:25 am
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Exactly man. BEAT SOMEBODY. Not those pathetic Jags/Bills teams and not just "managing" the game. I'll feel infinitely more confident if he looks good up in Foxboro. Just like earlier in the season though, as the running game goes, Tannehill performs better.

I think Seattle would count as SOMEBODY. 18-26, 253 yards and a touchdown pass in a 24-21 win against the hottest team in football. Did you notice that 42-13 butt cutting they put on the 49ers last night. Seattle has won 4 of their last 5, with that lost coming to Miami.

Ryan still has room to improve, no question about it. But the kid has grown and developed over the year and he is now starting to use his legs more as a weapon. I like what I have seen from Ryan this year.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
I think Seattle would count as SOMEBODY. 18-26, 253 yards and a touchdown pass in a 24-21 win against the hottest team in football. Did you notice that 42-13 butt cutting they put on the 49ers last night. Seattle has won 4 of their last 5, with that lost coming to Miami.

Ryan still has room to improve, no question about it. But the kid has grown and developed over the year and he is now starting to use his legs more as a weapon. I like what I have seen from Ryan this year.

Ya, the Seattle game is definitely a notch on his belt for him. Just want to see more of it, particularly on the road.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:28 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
It's easy if you try
Makes me want to cry

You, you may say

Imagine the draft now
I wonder if you can
Only Wide Receivers
A TE maybe come on man

You, you may say

People just don't have a taste for good music/poetry anymore. Props man lol

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 am
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

last I checked he beat darn good playoff teams the Bengasl and Seahawks. The same Seahawk team that is buzzsawing through everyone right now. Tannehill put the team on his back for that win.
So stop trying to minimize his impact this year.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:10 am

and as far as 'the talent around a quarterback' not being a factor......did you see how wide open Russell Wilson's receivers were last night. Talk about helping out your quarterback!!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
It's easy if you try
Makes me want to cry

You, you may say

Imagine the draft now
I wonder if you can
Only Wide Receivers
A TE maybe come on man

You, you may say

:cry:

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Ya, the Seattle game is definitely a notch on his belt for him. Just want to see more of it, particularly on the road.

Like the Cincinnatti game earlier in the year?

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Yeah, it's funny how that works. If you force the ROOKIE QUARTERBACK to put the team on his back and throw the ball 40-50 times to the worst receiver group in the NFL he suddenly looks bad. But if you give him a balanced attack he's magically able to make it work. Weird.
:hithead:

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He's not worthy of the 8th pick

Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]