View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Larry Fitzgerald 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Larry Fitzgerald
I know Larry Fitzgerald signed an 8 year deal back in 2011 that averages about 15 Million a year. He turns 30 for next football season, but the guy clearly has a good 5 years left in him if he is healthy.

Arizona is going to rebuild, why not consider a trade for him this off season or at least try and get someone seasoned and that can make an impact for the offense. We need another Brandon Marshall type talent minus the drama and headcase syndrome and Fitzgerald fits the bill.

Thoughts? I know the money is an issue and honestly don't know how creative one can be with his contract.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Larry Fitzgerald
Finhead34 wrote:
I know Larry Fitzgerald signed an 8 year deal back in 2011 that averages about 15 Million a year. He turns 30 for next football season, but the guy clearly has a good 5 years left in him if he is healthy.

Arizona is going to rebuild, why not consider a trade for him this off season or at least try and get someone seasoned and that can make an impact for the offense. We need another Brandon Marshall type talent minus the drama and headcase syndrome and Fitzgerald fits the bill.

Thoughts? I know the money is an issue and honestly don't know how creative one can be with his contract.

Unless the Cards just want repay him for his professionalism, then they will not trade him.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Madden 13 says that if we trade Bush, Moore and hartline we can have Fits. I say lets do it!!!!!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:53 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Why not trade Cam Wake? I mean, we're rebuilding and he's 30.....

Sorry, but why on earth would the Cardinals trade away the only good thing going for them? Rebuilding is not an excuse to trade away your best player who also happens to be one of the best men, clutch performers, and leaders in the NFL.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No way do the Cardinals part ways with Fitzgerald. He's the face of that franchise.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Sorry, but why on earth would the Cardinals trade away the only good thing going for them? Rebuilding is not an excuse to trade away your best player who also happens to be one of the best men, clutch performers, and leaders in the NFL.

Because teams have been known to do stuff like this, that's why. I am not saying it will happen, I am saying Miami should look into it. If the price is right you never know and Arizona is a horrible franchise right now.

The NFL is a business now, so nothing is out of the question.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This was from an article posted out and even the Arizona newspapers (I just took some pieces from azcentral.com) are questioning as hard as it is to even think about trading him, perhaps it would benefit their franchise.

What could the Cardinals reap from trading a guy like Fitzgerald?

It’s an awful thought. But there’s no point in having a stud receiver without a quarterback who can get him the ball, on a team that can’t even beat the Rams at home.

Larry Fitzgerald Must Demand Trade, Consider Joining Dolphins.

The Dolphins are putting the pieces in place on offense, including at quarterback. But Ryan Tannehill's arsenal lacks a true No. 1 receiver, a player that can win individual matchups and tilt coverage.

Fitzgerald is the definition of such a receiver. Miami wouldn't be done building this offense under Joe Philbin, but getting Fitzgerald would be a huge piece of the puzzle.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Fitz by himself would open up the other WRs and the backfield. Grab up a stud TE and it's game over NE...

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

But it's all a fool's dream. He's not going anywhere ever lol

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree Ski_Money. This is a pipe dream, I know......but some dreams come true. Look at Chicago!

Fitz would be incredible to have and Arizona is THAT bad right now that you just never know. I would certainly give up a number one and more.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

wkloiber13 wrote:
No way do the Cardinals part ways with Fitzgerald. He's the face of that franchise.

Fitz is someone they can rebuild with. What they need is a QB in the worst way.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Fitz is someone they can rebuild with. What they need is a QB in the worst way.

First, the cost for a player like that would be astronomical. Not only would he cost $15M a season, he'd also likely cost us a pair of first round picks probably. To me, despite the fact that Fitzgerald is exactly what we need at widereceiver, I'd have to pass on the guy. He's an amazing player, but the price is just too steep. I'd rather see us draft our talent.

I'm really hoping the Dolphins adopt a process that allows them to draft a pair of wideout prospects as well as a tightend prospect sometime in the first three rounds of this years draft. Then for the next couple of years we'd draft one receiver in either the 2nd or 3rd round until we're overloaded at wideout.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]