Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
They should send a surrender note prior to the game with the promise "we'll take a knee if you don't beat us by more than 14". I'm not even watching and I bet Miami was still running the ball down by 14. LOL. What a joke. Last game, nothing to lose and the RB's actually see. I'm going to guess Brady has had a mountain of time to throw and being as the game is in the 3rd quarter...there's no grass stains on his jersey yet :cry:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3264
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
I do not understand the complete lack of pressure tonight, this team amazes me by their ineptitude.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Quite true. Brady is throwing those little dinks and dunks and our defense is doing the rest. Our offensive line is....well....offensive. No big runs and lots of sacks.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
Oh yeah, almost forgot to add the fact the Referees showing up with their NE Jerseys and hteir I love Brady bumper stickers


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Don't look now, but after spotting NE 21, Miami is 1st and goal.....but Bush saves the day with a fumble at he 2 :hithead:

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8216
2nd and goal and Bush fumbled the handoff.....NE's ball.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
It'll be the ensuing 99yd, put your foot on their throat strategy that delivers the kill for NE.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
They are getting huge chunks on the ground now.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I do not understand the complete lack of pressure tonight, this team amazes me by their ineptitude.


Try watching Wake all game. It'll make you sick. I bet his jersey is baggy after the game because every down theres a Patriot with his hands up underneath Wake's pads. New England is the best in the league when it comes to "legal" holding.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Quite true. Brady is throwing those little dinks and dunks and our defense is doing the rest. Our offensive line is....well....offensive. No big runs and lots of sacks.


This is the time that I wish Tannehill would just get fed up & call out these line"men". They're being owned & our QB is being handed some black & blue reminders to dwell on over the next few months

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Same old, same old....another butt whipping' from the Pats.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
Quit buying jerseys, quit going to games, quit watching on the tube...eventually they'll get the message that fielding a crappy product is unacceptable.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:11 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
NFLJunkie wrote:
They should send a surrender note prior to the game with the promise "we'll take a knee if you don't beat us by more than 14". I'm not even watching and I bet Miami was still running the ball down by 14. LOL. What a joke. Last game, nothing to lose and the RB's actually see. I'm going to guess Brady has had a mountain of time to throw and being as the game is in the 3rd quarter...there's no grass stains on his jersey yet :cry:



Never surrender, Never give up. It might become a habit.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
They went down today withou even a fist pump! :)

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
AQNOR wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
They should send a surrender note prior to the game with the promise "we'll take a knee if you don't beat us by more than 14". I'm not even watching and I bet Miami was still running the ball down by 14. LOL. What a joke. Last game, nothing to lose and the RB's actually see. I'm going to guess Brady has had a mountain of time to throw and being as the game is in the 3rd quarter...there's no grass stains on his jersey yet :cry:



Never surrender, Never give up. It might become a habit.



Already have. I cancelled Directv the minute they went with a rookie QB. I saw the writing on the wall. I wasn't about to drop another $250 bucks and my entire day on Sunday so I could watch another debacle of a season unfold. I had moments where I really wanted to watch but decided the vote with my dollars was the little thing I had control over. Was a DTV guy for 18 years.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5103
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
It really sucks when reality sets in & kicks you in the butt.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
I thought guys like Binns, Patterson, McAnn, and all the other acorns were gonna march up into Foxboro and claim a win?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
BTW how freaking pathetic was it that the coaching staff didn't call more than 8 runs for Bush today when he's like a hair shy of 1,000 yards?

Reggie do yourself a favor and find a real organization to play for.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6490
NFLJunkie wrote:


Already have. I cancelled Directv the minute they went with a rookie QB. I saw the writing on the wall. I wasn't about to drop another $250 bucks and my entire day on Sunday so I could watch another debacle of a season unfold. I had moments where I really wanted to watch but decided the vote with my dollars was the little thing I had control over. Was a DTV guy for 18 years.

I just call them & got it for free. Don't understand vote with your dollars? You vote with your dollars by not purchasing tickets & memorabilia. Not by cancelling Direct

So are we able to assume you have not watched Miami this year to speak about the play of any player?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Princeton,IL
Rock Sexton wrote:
BTW how freaking pathetic was it that the coaching staff didn't call more than 8 runs for Bush today when he's like a hair shy of 1,000 yards?

Reggie do yourself a favor and find a real organization to play for.



Probably would have helped if Reggie had some blocking but he didn't. So I don't think you keep running when there was no yards to be had.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Middleboro, MA
I was a the game today and all I can say is that it was embarrassing. They laid down and took a butt whoppin from the pats. The dolphins looked like hey had nothing to play for so why bother.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Rock Sexton wrote:
BTW how freaking pathetic was it that the coaching staff didn't call more than 8 runs for Bush today when he's like a hair shy of 1,000 yards?

Reggie do yourself a favor and find a real organization to play for.


He might have instilled a little more confidence in our staff had he not fumbled it inside the 5.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11197
Location: Lancaster, PA
no team in the NFL right now seems to have an answer for this Texas Tech short-passing spread attack. I think I saw three 1-yard pass plays in a row that combined for about 100 yards. It's all misdirection and crossing patterns. We had no answer for it.

the smarter schemes and systems win. Talent can only do so much.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:34 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
swerve13 wrote:
no team in the NFL right now seems to have an answer for this Texas Tech short-passing spread attack. I think I saw three 1-yard pass plays in a row that combined for about 100 yards. It's all misdirection and crossing patterns. We had no answer for it.

the smarter schemes and systems win. Talent can only do so much.


It helps when your already weak secondary isn't decimated with injuries.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5103
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
You mean we are not going to look back at this game & put in on the list of games we should have , could have won. A bounce of the ball , a bad call by the refs , you know the usual excuses for at least another moral victory.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5580
Location: Houston, Texas
Frustrating way to end yet another season. Safe to say that one season won't put us over the top, but this next off season with the most money to spend in free agency and a bunch of draft picks, the time is now to make the most of these decisions.

I am disappointed again the way the season ended, but excited to see how the off season plays out as I do believe in Coach Philbin and this is Jeff Ireland's chance to come up with some big moves.

Not that he hasn't already had chances, but we can all pretty much agree that this off season has more at stake and surely his last hurrah to help turn the talent around.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:


Already have. I cancelled Directv the minute they went with a rookie QB. I saw the writing on the wall. I wasn't about to drop another $250 bucks and my entire day on Sunday so I could watch another debacle of a season unfold. I had moments where I really wanted to watch but decided the vote with my dollars was the little thing I had control over. Was a DTV guy for 18 years.

I just call them & got it for free. Don't understand vote with your dollars? You vote with your dollars by not purchasing tickets & memorabilia. Not by cancelling Direct

So are we able to assume you have not watched Miami this year to speak about the play of any player?

So you're a first year subscriber and you got it for free by signing up. I've been pissing away my money for 20 years. It was time to stop. I now do something productive on Sundays and catch a game here or there when I want to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
wkloiber13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
no team in the NFL right now seems to have an answer for this Texas Tech short-passing spread attack. I think I saw three 1-yard pass plays in a row that combined for about 100 yards. It's all misdirection and crossing patterns. We had no answer for it.

the smarter schemes and systems win. Talent can only do so much.


It helps when your already weak secondary isn't decimated with injuries.


Yeap, nothing like a self-inflicted gaping wound to ruin the season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
wkloiber13 wrote:
It helps when your already weak secondary isn't decimated with injuries.


I thought all your late season acorns would take care of that?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
It helps when your already weak secondary isn't decimated with injuries.


I thought all your late season acorns would take care of that?


I never said that trading Davis away wouldn't have an impact. He was the most physically gifted corner on our roster. But he wasn't picking up the playbook according to reports and he wasn't developing the way our staff wanted. So they traded him. What's done is done. All we can do about it now is move forward and draft a couple of DBs to try and fix the problem. I'm hoping at least one DB is taken in the 2nd, and another in the 3rd. Then depending on how the draft unfolds we might need to get another one in the middle rounds.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r