Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 Post subject: Miami @ Jacksonville
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:14 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Its nice to be setting up this conversation after a good, complete win. The hope is that a trend is beginning.

As of now Miami is favored by 4.5.

Jacksonville just lost its leading tackler, Paul Posluszny, for the season.

The stats say that the Jags have a horrendous pass defense and middle of the road rushing defense. Their D has 22 sacks so that is worrisome. They are starting a rookie QB who has promise but is playing like a rookie. They are almost last in rushing yards per game.

In their first 4 games the Jags defense gave up 34, 41, 44 and 33 points. Their last 3 have been 17, 16 and 6. Their opponents in games 1-4: PHI, WAS, IND, SD. Their opponents in games 5-7: PIT, TEN, CLE. So while their have been improvements consider the level of competition.

Last week against Cleveland was the first time the Jags offense scored over 17 points.

My point for all of this is that while it is an NFL game there is ZERO excuse for Miami to lose this game. The Jags defense has 2 interception on the season.

Miami's formula for victory is to run the ball, a lot, with both Miller and Tannehill. While the Jags' pass defense is bad they still have the ability to get after the QB. They just lost their most productive defender to injury so I'm thinking the ground game can take advantage. Use the run to set up the play action, just like against Chicago, and Miami should have a comfortable lead early. Bortles has 10 interceptions in 5 starts and doesn't have a turnover free game yet. Get the lead, force Bortles to throw, and let the defense keep the offense in good field position to pile up the points.

Miami 31 Jacksonville 10

Post subject: Re: Miami @ Jacksonville
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Dolphins need not fool around with this game and show on the field that they are clearly the better team. Hopefully, they jump out to a nice lead so that they can pin their ears back and get after the rookie QB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just read the Jags' D-line also lost Andre Branch to injury. This year he has 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

Posluszny had 47 tackles and 2 sacks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finhead34 wrote:
The Dolphins need not fool around with this game and show on the field that they are clearly the better team. Hopefully, they jump out to a nice lead so that they can pin their ears back and get after the rookie QB.

If they are legit then it should be like the Oakland game. Even if it is something like 27-17 then I'm not losing sleep.

But if they squeak by with something like 19-14 then I'm not happy.

Something to consider: Miami has scored 24+ points in 4 of 6 games. Only the Bills and Chiefs kept them under 20 points. Not sure if the Jags' defense is at that level but they've definitely improved in the last 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:01 pm 
2017 Survial Champion
2017 Survial Champion

I hope i am wrong but this game has TRAP written all over it

How many times over the last few years have we watched the fins play down to the level of the competition !
Philbin is not a great motivator of teams !
Jacksonville may be hurting but they have been playing tough even when losing !
There could be an emotional let down while looking past the jags to SD,DET.BUF, and DEN !

beware of the dog at home

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Last week I was worried about this game , now the Denver game does not even worry me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Last week I was worried about this game , now the Denver game does not even worry me.

We should roll SD, since we are sitting next to each and they suck!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
The stats say that the Jags have a horrendous pass defense and middle of the road rushing defense. Their D has 22 sacks so that is worrisome. They are starting a rookie QB who has promise but is playing like a rookie. They are almost last in rushing yards per game.

I really thought the Jags D was gonna be tough this year. I havent watched them this year so I can't give an opinion on whts going on. Its wild that they're so good at sacks but they can't be top 10 in pass D.

Speaking of their rushing game, I saw that Denard "Shoelace" Robinson was promoted to starting RB last week. He can scat well for an ex QB. Of course thats what he did best at Michigan any way. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a decent game just because hes from Deerfield

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:18 am 

Makchell wrote:

LOL. The WW curse. I think I have seen them only win 2 of those games and one was a last second field goal by Carpenter against a terrible Tampa Bay team. The winning drive executed by Chad Henne , the third best QB in Dolphin History behind Marino #2 and Tannehill #1.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Makchell wrote:

LOL. The WW curse. I think I have seen them only win 2 of those games and one was a last second field goal by Carpenter against a terrible Tampa Bay team. The winning drive executed by Chad Henne , the third best QB in Dolphin History behind Marino #2 and Tannehill #1.

Sacrilege!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Their D has 22 sacks so that is worrisome. While the Jags' pass defense is bad they still have the ability to get after the QB.

Jacksonville is 2nd in the league in sacks trailing only Buffalo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Weve gone so many years playing down to bad teams im kinda scared for this one, but they put a beatdown on oakland. This would be a perfect opportunity for miami to get momentum, consistently, confidence and a conference win. I hope for a 45 pt afternoon. Go dolphins!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

We all talked about good balance in play calling and not forcing too many passes on Tannehill.

In Miami's two bad losses he threw 49 and 43 passes. In the three victories and close loss he threw 32, 31, 31 and 32.

I still see Miami with a big win this weekend. I think the defense puts the offense in great field position similar to the Pats game.

Also see that starting CB Alan Ball probably isn't playing for the Jags. They are down 3 starters on defense who have been good contributors.

No reason for Miami not to score 30+ points and produce a sizable victory.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:11 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Anyone going to be at this game? Im flying down tomorrow to meet up with a couple of friends and will be there on Sunday. I'm told we have pretty good seats, but I wont know where we are sitting until we get the tickets on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfanmel wrote:
Anyone going to be at this game? Im flying down tomorrow to meet up with a couple of friends and will be there on Sunday. I'm told we have pretty good seats, but I wont know where we are sitting until we get the tickets on Sunday.

Phinsfanmel, get a shot with some honeys in the pool......no kidding, they have pools in the stadium.

Not a huge fan of Jacksonville, but the Stadium was nice.........all the parking was there and it was easy to get in & out. I was there in 2007, bought some cheap tickets, but snuck down close to the field.......you can see if it works for you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Yes, I have heard about the pools. I'll see what I can do!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Misi is listed as questionable. I'd be tempted to let him sit, that ankle injury suffered Week 1........7 weeks ago has been nagging.

Jags starting CB Alan Ball is out, the other starter Dwayne Gratz is questionable after being held out of practice Friday. Phins receivers should be open, maybe wide open........I want the win first, I want a big win second, but we need to see Tanny connect with Wallace deep.

Friday Injury Report from MiamiDolphins.com.......................

"The Dolphins’ final injury report of the week lists only one player as worse than questionable, and it’s not linebacker Koa Misi.

That’s worth mentioning because Misi is the only player who did not participate in a practice this week, that happening Thursday when he sat out because of an ankle injury. Misi was limited in practice Friday and he’s the one player listed as questionable.

The one player listed as doubtful is safety Jimmy Wilson, who was limited Friday but could miss his second consecutive game because of a hamstring injury.

The Dolphins listed nine players as probable: T Branden Albert (elbow), TE Charles Clay(knee), LS John Denney (knee), CB Cortland Finnegan (neck), CB Brent Grimes(groin), DT Jared Odrick (neck), C Samson Satele (hamstring), TE Dion Sims (neck) and LB Philip Wheeler (shoulder/thumb).

Albert, Denney, Odrick and Wheeler all were full participants in practice Friday, while the other five were limited.

Jacksonville ruled two players out Friday: CB Alan Ball (bicep) and DE Andre Branch (groin).

Cornerback Dwayne Gratz (hip) was listed as questionable. He did not practice Friday after being limited Thursday.

Finally, the Jaguars have three players listed as probable, all of whom were full participants Friday: C Luke Bowanko (ankle), RB Toby Gerhart (foot) and S Craig Loston (hamstring)."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:28 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Shularino, pools are closed today. They are preppng stadium for the Georgia-Florida game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:39 am 

After today we will be 4-3. Dont let that record fool you. We have been in every game we lost. Look at the AFC , still week and we are clearly a team on the rise which will be proven when we are done with Denver & San Diego. QB and Staff finally have everything ironed out. We can only beat ourselves. I have a feeling the road to the SB will run through Miami.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Blocked field goal and we can't capitalize on it.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:37 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Oh boy guys, here we go again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:50 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Thanks DEFENSE......!!!!!

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Really bad first half, but Miami is up 10-3.

Jax has close to 300 yds of offense and Miami less than a 100. Delmas is saving our a$$. Pick 6 and a recovered fumble on a Jax drive. Scobee had a blocked FG and missed one, but Dion Jordan made an impact by jumping offsides to give the Jags a rekick for their 3 pts. Hartline had one nice catch, but dropped two passes....thrown behind him or high, but he has to catch the ball. Two sacks of Tannehill, 2 batted passes, lots of pressure. The interior of the O-line is crap today and Garner might be out with a concussion.

Really putrid effort, but the Jags are worse.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:51 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Really bad first half, but Miami is up 10-3.

Jax has close to 300 yds of offense and Miami less than a 100. Delmas is saving our a$$. Pick 6 and a recovered fumble on a Jax drive. Scobee had a blocked FG and missed one, but Dion Jordan made an impact by jumping offsides to give the Jags a rekick for their 3 pts. Hartline had one nice catch, but dropped two passes....thrown behind him or high, but he has to catch the ball. Two sacks of Tannehill, 2 batted passes, lots of pressure. The interior of the O-line is crap today and Garner might be out with a concussion.

Really putrid effort, but the Jags are worse.....

Exactly, I blame all of this on coaching, its motivation and this coaching staff can't motivate this team this year or last season, when we needed just 1 win.

Our coaching staff is really failing us.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:51 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Relax, the Jags front four our really good, we are winning.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Thanks DEFENSE....!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 pm 

total domination once again against a good Jax. team despite their record. Im trying to find weakness of this tem but I just cannot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:53 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Luckily the Jags O sucks, their D is scrappy. A win is a win.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:14 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
Luckily the Jags O sucks, their D is scrappy. A win is a win.

Yes, they played really angry and it showed.

I noticed that.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

shularino wrote:
phinsfanmel wrote:

Phinsfanmel, get a shot with some honeys in the pool......no kidding, they have pools in the stadium.

Not a huge fan of Jacksonville, but the Stadium was nice.........all the parking was there and it was easy to get in & out. I was there in 2007, bought some cheap tickets, but snuck down close to the field.......you can see if it works for you.

I loved that second picture down on the bottom, at first I thought it was a wave and couldn't figure it out. I love the girl on the end texting in the water, is that what our lives have been reduced to. :)

d-1

Last edited by dolphans1 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Sometimes you have to win in ugly fashion and today was that, but a win is a win.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:20 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finhead34 wrote:
Sometimes you have to win in ugly fashion and today was that, but a win is a win.

Yes, the defense bailed us out, great game by them.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Defense played great today, but offensive game plan stunk. Halftime adjustments paid off though and after Tannehill finally hit a long pass to Wallace, the offense finally woke up. Very sloppy win. If they play this way the next 4 weeks, then they will go 0-4. A win is a win, but it was ugly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Defense played great today, but offensive game plan stunk. Halftime adjustments paid off though and after Tannehill finally hit a long pass to Wallace, the offense finally woke up. Very sloppy win. If they play this way the next 4 weeks, then they will go 0-4. A win is a win, but it was ugly.

Not sure I agree with the defense playing great. Certain defensive players played well, but the entire team started agonizingly slow. Special teams seemed better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

madphan13 wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Not sure I agree with the defense playing great. Certain defensive players played well, but the entire team started agonizingly slow. Special teams seemed better.

When you pick 2 passes off and score, that's "great".

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:33 pm 

Just was gonna say ... 2 defensive TDs is great.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:50 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Here are some game action pics that I took yesterday.

It was an ugly win, but I'll take it. 5 in a row now for me when going to the game. Up Next, Dec 1 vs. the JEST!

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203408831245064.1073741843.1340619073&type=1&l=01dc3b7a09

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:45 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Nice pics, awesome seats!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Thanks Mak, those seats were better than awesome since I didnt have to pay for them!

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]