All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Some people are obsessed with fireworks. JPP must have been one of them. I never saw the big deal about them.

Quote:
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul tweeted Thursday that he doesn't need his index finger to sack quarterbacks.

That's good, because the one on his right hand is definitely not there -- as we can now see for ourselves in a photo posted the same day on the New York Daily News website.

Pierre-Paul had to have the finger amputated after a July 4 fireworks accident.

According to multiple media reports, Pierre-Paul also had the tip of his thumb removed and needed a procedure performed to clean his middle finger. NFL.com is reporting that the area removed on his thumb is well above the joint and that the middle finger needed stitches after the procedure.

In the Daily News photo, the ends of both those digits are wrapped in bandages.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/la-s ... story.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:36 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

That's hard to look at..........we've seen D Linemen play with a cast, but the inability to grab with his main hand will definitely impact his play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
Some people are obsessed with fireworks. JPP must have been one of them. I never saw the big deal about them.

Maybe we've out grown them because we never had the hook up like JPP. Holy Crap man! Was there an ounce of C4 on his sparkler?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Living right on the border with South Carolina, you be amazed the explosives you can buy. Regardless of what it was........there was a lot of stupid involved.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
Holy Crap man! Was there an ounce of C4 on his sparkler?

:)

I am a firework nut too. As a kid, I looked forward to 4th of July for a couple years moreso than Christmas when we would go all out and go on a $1,000 shopping spree at Sky King and stay out with all the neighborhood kids past 2am lighting them off and goofing around. How many kids would tell you they look forward to July 4th more than Christmas? Lol. I would like to know what the hell he was lighting up though. That is a serious injury man.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]