Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... this-year/

Quote:
As with many social media posts from professional athletes these days, Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry’s recent Instagram message was vague. It probably means something, but maybe it doesn’t. South Florida’s been through plenty of that in the past few years with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Landry posted a photo of himself over the weekend with a caption that read, “I feed my family with this don’t play with my money this year I’m serious..”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I laugh when they bring up the whole "I feed my family with this" BS like their struggle is real when it comes to feeding the kids off an NFL salary.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:52 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I laugh when they bring up the whole "I feed my family with this" BS like their struggle is real when it comes to feeding the kids off an NFL salary.

Truth man...I mean he deserves to get "paid" but even at a rookie minimum he's crushing the lower and middle classes dual incomes for the most part lol

I feel like there is more to this though...like there's a reason behind him throwing it out there, as if he believes he might not get upper tier WR money, which by all accounts he should, he's earned it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Sometimes it's not a matter of earning it but a matter of the team being able to afford it (Olivier Vernon). Fortunately we have cap space this year, but how much will Tannebaum want to put into the position considering we have to resign Stills yet, find a TE, and Parker will be due some money in a couple years. Should be interesting to see what happens. Landry is probably my favorite player on the team. Hope to see him on this team for years to come.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:32 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

What kind of money is Parker due? Unless he improves consistency and taps more of his potential I don't know that he will be on the team when his contract is up.

Post subject: Re: Jarvis Landry
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Parker will be due some money in a couple years.

Let's not sugarcoat Parker's production for this team. He has been a bust thus far. That isn't saying he won't be due for a breakout season next year, but he has definitely underperformed. He hasn't even impressed me in any of his better games. I thought he would be much better after the catch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
What kind of money is Parker due? Unless he improves consistency and taps more of his potential I don't know that he will be on the team when his contract is up.

What's with the pitch fork on Parker...He can't be on the team with 750 yds and 4 TDS.....But Stills can get 10 million?.

Parker brings a skill set not too many guys have..Glad to have him on the team.

As far as Landry goes..He is the Dolphins franchise.. Wish we had 5 more players with his toughness. They need to get this done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

While Parker has been bitten by the injury bug, let's not downplay his skills when he is on the field. I think the jury is still out on him, but if he can stay healthy he will improve and in a couple years, like I said, he will be due some money. That's my prediction at least and it is certainly a possible dilemma we could be confronted with.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Having too many good receivers is a dilemma I am happy to deal with.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

What's with the pitch fork on Parker...He can't be on the team with 750 yds and 4 TDS.....But Stills can get 10 million?.

Parker brings a skill set not too many guys have..Glad to have him on the team.

As far as Landry goes..He is the Dolphins franchise.. Wish we had 5 more players with his toughness. They need to get this done.

I don't think he will be on the team if he is "due" some money and produces the same as he has been. I took the context of the "due money" to be a lot of money. So let me make it plain. If he produces at the same rate as he has and expects a big contract when his current contract is up then no I don't think he will be on the team. That is not a pitch fork just what I think will happen. If you think he deserves big money for his current play then we differ in opinion.

I am glad Parker is on the team and will be gladder if he improves.

Can you please point out where I said I want to pay Stills 10 million?

As far as Landry goes I want him on the team and I hope he gets paid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

I need to feed my family in my 8 bedroom mansion in Weston with the food I pick up at Whole Foods in my 7 series BMW.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:13 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The more I look at the landscape of teams that need a good, young receiver the more I think Stills is on a different team next year. Look at what Pittsburgh trotted out in the AFC Championship game...you're telling me they wouldn't pay to have Stills be a better version of Wallace or Wheaton?

I could easily see Parker, if healthy, being given the chance to not only start but take on the deep threat role in 3 WR sets. If Carroo is better prepared perhaps he takes over the intermediate routes in those situations.

Landry will get paid this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:20 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I compared Stills because he will be making 8 to10 million (his "due") and his numbers were on par with Parker. Thats why I compared the two. Had nothing to do with what you said or didn't say.

Not sure why you think being payed his "due"automatically means he wants to be overpayed and that the Dolphins would want to discard yet another draft pick so easily. Seems a little extreme.

Keeping draft picks should be a priority. And he had a pretty good second season. And is a match up nightmare.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:21 pm 

I would hate to lose Stills. Production aside, he is a legitimate deep threat that opens up the middle of the field for Landry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:28 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
The more I look at the landscape of teams that need a good, young receiver the more I think Stills is on a different team next year. Look at what Pittsburgh trotted out in the AFC Championship game...you're telling me they wouldn't pay to have Stills be a better version of Wallace or Wheaton?

I could easily see Parker, if healthy, being given the chance to not only start but take on the deep threat role in 3 WR sets. If Carroo is better prepared perhaps he takes over the intermediate routes in those situations.

Landry will get paid this year.

I agree....Just wish the they could get a little continuity going before we start plug and play...I know finally getting a solid staff is going to go along way but the 1st couple years losing young up and coming parts is not good.. Just don't think it's good for the team at this point..Maybe we need to over pay a little now.

Losing Vernon Charles Clay hurt big time as examples.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
I would hate to lose Stills. Production aside, he is a legitimate deep threat that opens up the middle of the field for Landry.

It's those matchups or mis matches that makes teams so dangerous...I hope they resign him or atleast put forth a good effort...

Like you said this is not about just his production. The wrs is this teams identity it's a good solid group.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:49 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:
I compared Stills because he will be making 8 to10 million (his "due") and his numbers were on par with Parker. Thats why I compared the two. Had nothing to do with what you said or didn't say.

Not sure why you think being payed his "due"automatically means he wants to be overpayed and that the Dolphins would want to discard yet another draft pick so easily. Seems a little extreme.

Keeping draft picks should be a priority. And he had a pretty good second season. And is a match up nightmare.

You quoted what I said and them put this: "What's with the pitch fork on Parker...He can't be on the team with 750 yds and 4 TDS.....But Stills can get 10 million?." Since I said nothing about Stills and 10 million then I simply asked a logical question making a point. That Stills might get 10 million has nothing to do with my post so I just pointed out the non sequitur. Since it had nothing to due with what I said why did you quote me and then ask a question about something I did not post? My answer your question does not make sense to me.

Can you please show me where I think that being payed his due automatically means he wants to be overypayed? You seem to be projecting or inserting your thoughts and then claiming that they are mine. Maybe the confusion in part is not considering the post I was answering. That poster said that money will be needed to pay Parker his due when his contract came up. I said that in context I took the idea of due money to be a lot of money. If not the poster can say I was wrong. So I explained why I thought it was a lot of money. I simply then made a statement that I did not think Parker's current production was worth a lot of money. That poster's context was Landry might not be able to be paid (not because he is not worth it just because there may not be enough money to go around to everyone who needs to be paid) because eventually Parker would need to get his. Imo I would rather pay Jarvis now and lets see what Parker is doing in a couple of years. If he is producing where he is now then imo he does not deserve a big contract one so large that it would prevent us from signing Landry now. That was the context of the poster I was responding too.

I don't follow your statement about discarding draft pics so easily.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Losing Vernon hurt big time as examples.

Vernon was the exception. NYG paid him stupid money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:35 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Losing Vernon hurt big time as examples.

Vernon was the exception. NYG paid him stupid money.

It should have been taken care of before it got that far imo...See Jamie Collins signed with Cleveland today.

But the fact is, it did..And they should have franchise tagged him..Either traded him or or worked on something at that point..They dropped the ball. Big time.

We had the money and he could have helped this team this year. But hey we have roll over money and a gazillion dollars for the next FA market.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I merely pointed out that a team has to budget for the position and that means sometimes you have to let someone go even though they may be worth the money they want. I'm just looking at the contracts coming up and how they play out. I never said that Parker would get a huge contract or that we shouldn't pay Landry because of that. I'm just taking a look from 30,000 feet and saying there is more to resigning a player to a big contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:43 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:
I merely pointed out that a team has to budget for the position and that means sometimes you have to let someone go even though they may be worth the money they want. I'm just looking at the contracts coming up and how they play out. I never said that Parker would get a huge contract or that we shouldn't pay Landry because of that. I'm just taking a look from 30,000 feet and saying there is more to resigning a player to a big contract.

He wants too much.. let him walk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:

If you are talking about Parker not one person is saying that. You exaggerate everything that is said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

If you are talking about Parker not one person is saying that. You exaggerate everything that is said.

Quote:
I don't think he will be on the team if he is "due" some money and produces the same as he has been

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wait.... what?
Landry is the one demanding money, not Parker. Are you following the conversation or just sound-byting here?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:18 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
You exaggerate everything that is said.

People are just picking up on this...?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Idon't think he will be on the team if he is "due" some money and produces the same as he has been

He clearly said if he produces the same as he has. He has 2 years to change that. Again Exaggerating.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
It should have been taken care of before it got that far imo....

I don't think anyone expected the kind of year that he had .... and I would include you on that. Hindsight is 20/20 unless you own one of these:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Again Stills is going to get paid his due.... Same production..Stills should be gone?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:32 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
It should have been taken care of before it got that far imo....

I don't think anyone expected the kind of year that he had .... and I would include you on that. Hindsight is 20/20 unless you own one of these:

Dave he has 18 sacks the two previous years 2013 and14......7.5 in 2015
Rock solid vs. the run... They should have been all over a contract or franchised him.

I(and Swerve) got ripped for praising him his contract year!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

You commit to guys like Landry. Not guys like Parker.
I loved Parker as a prospect but he's been another Hakeem Nicks in the pros. Where as Landry has been another Hines Ward. One is soft and brittle and a bit unprofessional. The other is reliable and tough as nails.

Stills outplayed Parker all year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Stills outplayed Parker all year.

I'll say it again, even during his good games I never came away impressed. He's been a JAG his first 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:01 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

They were using that quick slant on third down to Parker and it was very effective...I like the skill set of all 3 and Parker is making them all better with his intensity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

OverTheTannehill wrote:
Landry posted a photo of himself over the weekend with a caption that read, “I feed my family with this don’t play with my money this year I’m serious..”

I understand that it is a quote from a song, and that he deserves to get paid this year. Rarely do I ever think that a Miami Dolphins player deserves to get paid with 2 years left on his contract, but he has played beyond his rookie contract for 3 straight years. That's a big attaboy to our team for drafting him.

Now, I do not appreciate seeing the "this year" comment as if we screwed him over last year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:26 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson this morning:

Barry Jackson wrote:
QUICK LANDRY NOTE

• Eyebrows were raised this week when Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry posted on Instagram: “I feed my family with this. Don’t play with my money this year. I’m serious.”

But according to agent Damarius Bilbo, this wasn’t a case of Landry, who’s due to earn $1.1 million next season in the final year of his rookie contract, pressuring Miami for a new deal. Bilbo said Landry was referencing lyrics from a (Drake) song and not talking about a new contract.

According to a team source, the Dolphins are expected to offer Landry a multi-year contract this offseason.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Referencing a Drake song? First of all that's bad enough to begin with, but you have to realize how people will interpret that quote. I think he's full of ****, he knows what he posted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Referencing a Drake song? First of all that's bad enough to begin with, but you have to realize how people will interpret that quote. I think he's full of ****, he knows what he posted.

I would agree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Pay Landry a fair contract early. Dont let it go til its too late.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:32 pm 

This.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]