Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: what makes a QB....
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:09 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

very interesting breakdown, great detail I'd never read before....a miracle in itself with all the talking heads that do nothing but yada, yada all day long about prospects....

http://presnapreads.com/2018/04/07/maso ... ound-pick/

Post subject: Re: what makes a QB....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

After reading this I can't help but think that he won't make it past NE since they got an extra first for Cooks. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:54 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

carreramia wrote:
very interesting breakdown, great detail I'd never read before....a miracle in itself with all the talking heads that do nothing but yada, yada all day long about prospects....

http://presnapreads.com/2018/04/07/maso ... ound-pick/

Yes, great article. I'll be sure to monitor his status in the draft and see how his career goes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

IMO.. what makes a QB is. Poise, leadership, some balance of pocket presence and or athleticism, love of the game, good footwork and throwing mechanics and some balance of a strong enough arm and accuracy. If your arm is lacking a little.. you better be darn accurate. If you have a big arm.. You still need some accuracy. And then there is the IT factor.. Competitiveness. Improvisation/Creativity. Durability/toughness.

Very rarely see a guy who has all those things. If you find one. Go get him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

prof123 wrote:
Yes, great article. I'll be sure to monitor his status in the draft and see how his career goes.

For sure better than your no. 9.......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Here they list four guys (TE, LB, QB, and RB) who might be available at #42. I would be happy with a TE (either Gesicki or Goedert, who they list here), Guice (the RB, no way he makes it to us at #42), or Vander Esch (the LB, who probably won't fall to 42 either).

Of course, it depends on who we take at #11. If we can get a LB there (Smith or Edmunds, or maybe even the S/LB, James), then I had been hoping for a top TE at #42. But, after reading this article, I would not be opposed to taking Mason, the QB from this article.

I think arm strength is not nearly as important as pocket poise, accuracy, and intelligence. Chad Pennington proved that, and Randolph sounds similar. I am too impatient to add other starters right now to take a QB if one falls to us at 11, but I could understand the thinking if we did so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Thanks for sharing this article. It goes against a lot of what I've read about Rudolph (the system getting his guys open as opposed to him throwing them open by hitting spots), but if this is accurate he is a great 1st Round option or early 2nd Round guy.

One thing we don't talk about is Miami trading back as opposed to trading up. If Miami likes Rudolph or Lamar Jackson, and a top CB prospect falls to them at 11, you could field trade offers into the mid 20s for a team that wants Denzel Ward or Josh Jackson. That will cost said team a 2nd Rounder. Miami could take Rudolph at 20 something and address other needs in Round 2.

I'd rather them sit and wait until Day 2, but its worth considering the possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:22 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

It seems like the only thing we know about the first round of this draft is that Buffalo wants to move up. Other than that, we're all just guessing. It adds the level of intrigue that the NFL absolutely loves, because it means tv ratings, and ultimately that means $$$ for the shield. It also makes it more fun for us to sit around and speculate on fan sites such as this. Thanks to all of you who are providing intel on the matter; it makes it more fun. (I'm talking to you Dan!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Thank you Ken, appreciate it. And congrats on the award you received for teaching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree with the CB available at 11 and trading down scenario. If the blue-chip stud that makes it to #11 is Denzel Ward, I can see someone like GB or Seattle jumping up to get him.

With that trade you could probably pick up Payne or Vander Esch and add an additional pick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 pm 

jammer wrote:
Thank you Ken, appreciate it. And congrats on the award you received for teaching!
Thanks Dan!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]