All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

#30? Only if Tannehill goes down. C'mon ESPN, take your bias out of your analysis.

Quote:
30. Miami Dolphins

2017 record: 6-10
Post-free-agency ranking: 32

Last season, the Dolphins were one of three teams to rank in the bottom half of the league in Total QBR, Total QBR allowed, yards per rush and yards per rush allowed. Translation: They needed a lot of help. Safety Minkah Fitzpatrick should be a good foundational piece for the defense. The Dolphins also grabbed a pair of tight ends to support returning QB Ryan Tannehill.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NF ... 2018-draft

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I would imagine that they see talent removed from a bad team = worse team.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Honestly, as I’ve said plenty of times, Gase is one of if not the only reason I believe this team has any chance to build a reputation.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:42 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coach is setting himself up to enhance his reputation. The Phins dump pro bowl talent. No Qb is taken in the draft and only 3rd rate talent added to the mix.

The much maligned Tannehill coming off a serious injury has a good season and the Phins make the play-offs. How is this possible, (in hushed tones) it is Gase the QB whisperer.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Honestly.. this ranking pisses me off. They should at least be ranked in the top 20 with Tannehill's return. Disrespect man. If Tannehill stays healthy. The Dolphins will make the playoffs this year. There. I said it. Book it. Save it. Come @ me bro. I think the defense will be MUCH improved. Specifically the pass defense. There will be more more defensive TD's/turnovers and scores as a result of shoring up depth at pass rush AND in the secondary. Not to mention their overall speed.

Offensively. We will have a nicely balanced offense. With the new offensive guy we brought in. Kenyan Drake will have himself a year. We will be better in the red zone with Gesicki. And our offensive line will be much improved. I do believe that the offense will be more balanced. And that benefits Tannehill. I also believe he has greater safety valves when passing now in Drake as Ajayi couldnt catch to save his life. That benefits Tannehill. We have a TE who can threaten the seams and be a big body as another safety valve for Tannehill. Another benefit for him. If he stays healthy. Tannehill will have himself a nice year. More turn overs. Better pass defense. Better balanced offense. Equals 4-5 more wins. Then maybe 17 will finally get some respect on his name. Playoffs or blow it up TOP down.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]