Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:what?

I'm sure Kev is in agreement with him, but in the process of taking a shot at Gase and Tannenbaum, Landry threw Tannehill under the bus with that comment. He should take the high road even if he feels that way. I don't think he realizes that he is playing for a coach who has won only 1 game over the past two years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

"
Quote:
... The quarterback play is so important, which has got me that much more excited about Tyrod and [first-rounder Baker Mayfield] and the way that they're throwing the ball out here, it makes me that much more excited. It's a lot better than what I had in Miami. I'm excited about that."
He wasn’t done.
"As soon as I found out he was coming, I texted [Taylor]: ‘Let’s do it.’ Found out when he was coming up here, we all came up here for the press conference, we did the press conference, then we did the thing in Miami where we got everybody together and then we're back here. And we've got something else planned when we leave here right before training camp and stuff like that. I love it," Landry said.
"Again,[b] I didn't do that in Miami with the quarterbacks because they didn't want to do it. [/b]I would say that the chemistry and the type of guys that I'm around here makes me that much more excited because I know I'm going to be pushed at all levels at all times."

They look like they don't even practice.... I think i said that a time or two.

:disappear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:05 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I was a big Landry fan when he was a Dolphin and he is a very gifted receiver. With that being said he strikes me as someone that can never accept blame when things don't work out. I wish he had played with Marino, then every time he ran a wrong route or dropped a pass he would have took some heat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:16 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

vafinfan wrote:
I was a big Landry fan when he was a Dolphin and he is a very gifted receiver. With that being said he strikes me as someone that can never accept blame when things don't work out. I wish he had played with Marino, then every time he ran a wrong route or dropped a pass he would have took some heat.

It's everybody else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:48 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So are we omitting where Landry said, "I think (Ryan) Tannehill's skill level and the way he was playing the year we went to the playoffs before his injury was at a high level and he could have taken us to a championship or whatever or whatnot, but it didn't happen..."

Then there was some mumbling about Cutler.

And then of course there are the selfies of Tannehill and his receivers working out together on their own from just about every offseason.

But why ruin a nice narrative with actual facts and details?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Kev1321 wrote:

I guess those numerous offseason articles where they talked about how Tannehill organized unofficial practices with the receivers were made up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I guess those numerous offseason articles where they talked about how Tannehill organized unofficial practices with the receivers were made up.

Practice? Whos got time to practice when you are the greatest?

Let take trips to south beach, go to NYC, have fun... We can practice in camp.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I knew he was a Prima dona from the get go. I don’t try to boast about past words but I said it was a near guarantee he wouldn’t last past his rookie contract in Miami after his sophomore season when most here were obsessed with him. I’m not here to wish ill of his future playing career, just my honest truth, but why the hell do you think Cleveland has him?

Landry, your head coach has won ONE game out of his last 32. Shut the **** up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:54 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Landry produced..

Tannehill, not so much.

He never took care of himself (especially that knee) the way he should have, had all the ability to be a great. Lol

On tropical vacations fishing...Out shooting with the old lady..No time for practice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:09 pm 

Kev1321 wrote:
Landry produced...

... YPC like a running back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm 

jammer wrote:
So are we omitting where Landry said, "I think (Ryan) Tannehill's skill level and the way he was playing the year we went to the playoffs before his injury was at a high level and he could have taken us to a championship or whatever or whatnot, but it didn't happen..."

Never happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

All pro.

, Landry made three Pro Bowls and led the league in receptions in 2017. His 400 career receptions are the most by a player through his first four seasons in NFL history..

Sucked.

Last edited by Kev1321 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm 

Says a lot about the Pro Bowl when all it takes is 112 hand offs to get selected.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:29 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I actually don't care about Landry's assessment of any QB. He may be right that he has better options with Taylor and Mayfield.

But why lie? There is photo evidence and news reports of Tannehill organizing pre camp activities with his receivers. You can't dispute that.

I remember the photo, with Stills and a few other receivers being in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:54 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Posted Apr 7, 2016

Alain Poupart
Lead Writer
Dolphins.com

According to NFL Network’s Jeff Darlington, the Dolphins quarterback for the past six weeks has gone out with his wide receivers every week twice a week and thrown routes to them.

The Dolphins will start their offseason program Monday, but quarterback Ryan Tannehill already has put in a lot of work to put himself in the best position to succeed in his fifth NFL season.

The 2012 first-round pick has been working regularly with his receivers since the end of last season and has been spending a lot of time studying film …

“One of the things I’ve been impressed with (about) Tannehill is this offseason, from my conversations with Tannehill, he’s doing all the right things,” Darlington said. “And he’s not out there flaunting this necessarily and throwing it out there on social media or anything like that, but this is a guy who for the past six weeks has gone out with his wide receivers every week twice a week and thrown routes to them. He’s not allowed to meet with the coaching staff yet, but he has gone and dissected a lot of material from the Denver Broncos, the offense that Gase was coaching. ...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 6d57bd2f9b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So did Landry want Tannehill to fly his receivers to some destination? Because clearly he's not being truthful, or, didn't participate in these activities.

Just juvenile stuff. I expect any teammate to talk up their current QB or support their guys, but this is just a crappy way to take a shot at people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:02 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Great post here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
... YPC like a running back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Just juvenile stuff.

Yeah. That’s Landry. He’s like a hipster and football player all in one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Never happened.

Then where did jammer get this? He’s not the type to make stuff up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:45 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Never happened.

Then where did jammer get this? He’s not the type to make stuff up.

Rich, on rare occasions, has used sarcasm in his posts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:46 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Nice photo opp.... Too bad it didn't happen often enough to make a difference on the field. Obviously.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Actually it did make a difference. When Tannehill spent time teaching Gase's playbook to his receivers in 2016 it translated to a playoff appearance.

Stills and Parker had career highs in yards and TD catches. Landry had a career high 12.1 YPC and with 30 fewer targets still had almost 100 catches.

Tannehill had career highs in QB Rating, completion percentage and YPA.

But again, lets not let facts and stats get in the way of a good narrative.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Rich, on rare occasions, has used sarcasm in his posts.

:) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:58 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I could tell how much Tannehill was teaching the 28th ranked offense in 16...

What was more telling was he was outplayed by his backup..The great Matt Moore. That was the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
I could tell how much Tannehill was teaching the 28th ranked offense in 16...

What was more telling was he was outplayed by his backup..The great Matt Moore. That was the difference.

Kev "Fake News", your dislike for Tannehilll has compromised your ability to make a fair analysis. Matt Moore did not play better than Tannehill, and in fact, Gase didn't even want to hand him the reins last year but brought in Cutler instead. Gase, on the other hand, wants Tanenhill as his starter and said after being named our head coach that Tannehill was one of the reasons he took the Miami job. If you are looking for the next Dan Marino, then you are not going to like anyone because no one can fill his shoes.

In the Dave Hyde snippet below, I know that you will only read the first paragraph.

Dave Hyde wrote:
You never know how to take words of divorced players. Maybe Landy is right. Taylor has a better career passer rating (91.2) than Tannehill (86.5), and Mayfield, by all accounts, would have been a Dolphin if they’d had a chance to draft him.

Maybe Landry is wrong. Tannehill had a 93.6 rating in 2016 — and 100.7 in his final eight games before getting hurt. That’s beyond Taylor and more than Mayfield can be expected to do out of the blocks. Landry, later in the Cleveland interview, even said Tannehill was “good enough” to lead a winner.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:48 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Wow. Athlete goes to new team and states things are so much better here, than where I came from. Nope never happened in sports history.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:50 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
Kev "Fake News"

Absolute genius! His new name in these threads is Fake News!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Fake, huh.

Maybe you should look at what the two qb' s did vs. the same three teams that year?

And the Raven game when Tannehill needed to step up..Oh boy.

But don't let stats ruin a good love affair..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Maybe Landry is wrong. Tannehill had a 93.6 rating in 2016 — and 100.7 in his final eight games before getting hurt.

Raven game!

And Dave, I don't dislike Tannehill..He has sucked for 7 years is my only complaint..That and the fact the teams seems to think going into every year without him having to compete for a job.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:43 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Fake plus coming from a guy who thinks he is the only one who wants the qb position to improve.

Unbelievable. I still think it is Dave in disguise trying to pump up traffic.

It is nigh to impossible for a person to be (moderator: this is impermissible posting, you have been warned check your p.m.) and still be breathing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:00 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Landry posted videos of he and other WRs working with Tannehill in the spring in the past. Soo... lies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Wow. Athlete goes to new team and states things are so much better here, than where I came from. Nope never happened in sports history.

:))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Wow, the Ravens game and Moore's numbers versus the Jets, Bills and Pats! I've never heard this take! Its so nuanced! This changes everything!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

There is valid reason to criticize Tannehill and Miami's QB situation.

Let's say Miami gets 10 wins and Tannehill has numbers similar to what he would have projected over 16 games in 2016 (mid 90s rating, 25 TDs). Wild Card spot and maybe a playoff win would be awesome...but is that it?

What if Tannehill's career track is that of Alex Smith? A major project coming out of college who takes more time than usual to develop, but will get your team to the playoffs in unspectacular fashion. Smith has left both San Francisco and Kansas City for the same reason - management wanted a guy with more upside.

I disagree with the take that Tannehill has sucked for 7 years (technically he is entering year 7). He has been decent with moments of wow plays. But I do agree that it isn't wrong to ask for more or wish Miami invested better in the QB position. Heck, I was all in on trading the farm to go up and get Sam Darnold.

I'll take 10-6 with a playoff appearance over another year of Cutler or some scrub who can't even get 6 wins. But I'm tired of asking "will this be the year Tannehill steps up?"

I understand that elite QBs do not grow on trees. In the last 10 drafts only Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan have risen to a level where I would say they are Hall of Famers. Some good QBs and plenty of mediocre ones. Its not easy to find "THE GUY". But Miami has to start trying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:41 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
Fake plus coming from a guy who thinks he is the only one who wants the qb position to improve.

Unbelievable. I still think it is Dave in disguise trying to pump up traffic.

It is nigh to impossible for a person to be (moderator: this is impermissible posting, you have been warned check your p.m.) and still be breathing.

Seriously, you let two guys come on this site and run down the team constantly and blast me for that.

Come on man.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:13 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Wow, the Ravens game and Moore's numbers versus the Jets, Bills and Pats! I've never heard this take! Its so nuanced! This changes everything!

Keep hiding from the facts......OUTPLAYED!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:36 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Kev1321 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Actually I watched the videos on YouTube of every drop back from both Tannehill and Moore versus all 3 opponents that year. Moore's stats were inflated and his accuracy was spotty at best. He wasn't good in any of his starts. He got the job done but was boosted by his receivers taking short throws and getting large amounts of YAC.

As was mentioned by another poster, Gase had zero faith in going with Moore after Tannehill's injury. Feel free to go watch the videos yourself unless you are afraid of the evidence that keeps unraveling your take.

Tannehill threw the ball very well against both New England and Buffalo. The Jets game he wasn't sharp. Tannehill also lit up a Steelers team, both visually and numerically, that made Moore look like hot garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Great p.m. so one more word about this and I am banned. Ok well consider this the “word”, and bye.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Actually I watched the videos on YouTube of every drop back from both Tannehill and Moore versus all 3 opponents that year. Moore's stats were inflated and his accuracy was spotty at best. He wasn't good in any of his starts. He got the job done but was boosted by his receivers taking short throws and getting large amounts of YAC.

As was mentioned by another poster, Gase had zero faith in going with Moore after Tannehill's injury. Feel free to go watch the videos yourself unless you are afraid of the evidence that keeps unraveling your take.

Tannehill threw the ball very well against both New England and Buffalo. The Jets game he wasn't sharp. Tannehill also lit up a Steelers team, both visually and numerically, that made Moore look like hot garbage.

Actually,
Moore outplayed Tannehill... There was a reason for better YAC... Its called getting the ball to the receiver before everyone on the field knows its coming. A Tannehill trait

Nice excuses though. Moore TD's Less sacks and int. SAME THREE TEAMS! What do you know everyone else played better. The qb, everybody.

Pretty bad when you can't do better than Moore. Imagine if the team had brought in some real competition.

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next