Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Post subject: Under my skin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The sports media thinking that the few who decided to disrespect the USA is a story worth reporting. What about the majority who decided to respect the USA. Rant off. : )

Post subject: Re: Under my skin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
The sports media thinking that the few who decided to disrespect the USA is a story worth reporting. What about the majority who decided to respect the USA. Rant off. : )

SJW social politics. It’s a cancer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AQNOR wrote:

Disrespecting the USA by kneeling is just a matter of perception. I come from a white family tree with a long history of military service and disrespect is the last thing I think of when I see a athlete using his platform to bring awareness to a greater issue. That is exactly what America is supposed to be about.

Try not to dismiss other people’s views because it doesn’t match up with your opinion of America being so great. If you view American history In 3rd person as a non American it is nothing to write home about. The butchering of native Americans, slavery, social inequality to this day, no universal healthcare, no universal education... it’s nothing to write home about...

This all coming from a proud American... just not naive enough to be offended by someone taking a knee because of the struggles they have gone through as a minority in this Country...

Rant over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

flodro18 wrote:
This all coming from a proud American.

Yeah. Bull****.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
flodro18 wrote:
This all coming from a proud American.

Yeah. Bull****.

Glad that is all you got out of that post...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I also am a veteran and I support anyone who would like to kneel, raise a fist or pray during the anthem. I personally see a double standard, we didn’t raise hell over Tebow kneeling. Stills said he was praying during the anthem which I support even more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think if I were running the organization, then I would just tell the entire team to be in the locker room during the anthem....at least then they are doing something together and giving the appearance of being a unified team. If the NFL doesn’t think this is hurting their brand, then keep it up. I found plenty to do last year other than watch football. I kept watching the Phins, but God knows why I punish myself following this train wreck of an organization. I didn’t watch many other games...definitely got soured on the NFL.

I don’t want politics during a football game, or during other forms of entertainment. Plenty of outlets for that elsewhere. It is the same reason I avoid certain movies, plays and other politics disguised as entertainment.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

I'm learning to be a "glasses half full" kind of a guy concerning that, Mark. I saw 100+ players & coaches standing for that national anthem.

:awe

What did you see in this GIF? I'm seeing the babes, not Patrick.

:))

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:29 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

flodro18 wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Disrespecting the USA by kneeling is just a matter of perception. I come from a white family tree with a long history of military service and disrespect is the last thing I think of when I see a athlete using his platform to bring awareness to a greater issue. That is exactly what America is supposed to be about.

Try not to dismiss other people’s views because it doesn’t match up with your opinion of America being so great. If you view American history In 3rd person as a non American it is nothing to write home about. The butchering of native Americans, slavery, social inequality to this day, no universal healthcare, no universal education... it’s nothing to write home about...

This all coming from a proud American... just not naive enough to be offended by someone taking a knee because of the struggles they have gone through as a minority in this Country...

Rant over.

My only problem with this post is that you are pretending that similar atrocities weren't conducted by other countries and cultures across all continents in quests for power and control. America's "problematic" history is not any worse than what you've in many countries during the 20th century. The American experiment is definitely something to be proud of and bolder than any other nation's attempt in history. It doesn't pretend that we are all perfect beings who will live in a homogenous society. Its why things constantly change.

Also, healthcare and education are not universal anywhere on this planet. Let's not try to present "good ideas" as being applicable to real life situations. Political and corporate elites aren't down in the trenches with the common person in any country. Never have been and will not be until either the robot or zombie apocalypse takes over.

The NFL is a business and we are paying customers. This isn't organizing a protest with permits from city hall on a Saturday afternoon. If the paying customers don't want to see it then the owners should have the right to satisfy the paying customer. From what I gather the protests have failed because the NFL has lost viewership to some extent and the message of the protest failed because it has created more division than good to discussion. Part of that is targeting the anthem and part is Kaepernick being the face of it. Were it Kenny Stills, who actually engages in thoughtful discussion, then maybe we'd be singing a different tune.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

when I see a athlete using his platform to bring awareness to a greater issue.

I want to know what the "greater" issue is?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
My only problem with this post is that you are pretending that similar atrocities weren't conducted by other countries and cultures across all continents in quests for power and control.

Well said Jammer. I’ve been saying the same thing for years now to these people and they never want to hear it. The suburbanite white liberals are the worst of them all. Idiotically apologetic.

jammer wrote:
Also, healthcare and education are not universal anywhere on this planet. Let's not try to present "good ideas" as being applicable to real life situations.

Are you saying $32,000,000,000,000 for universal free healthcare isn’t applicable to reality? Don’t bother to look now but this country is over $20,000,000,000,000 in DEBT to their most formidable adversary.

The woman in NYC who is leading this fairytale of a movement literally blamed sexism as the reason in so many words for declining a debate with Ben Shapiro, who would have made the debate a charity event, or even just a simple interview with Fox News.

Sorry for the bluntness Dave but these people who buy into this are ****ing suckers.

By the way, white majority countries are BY FAR the most welcoming and inclusive societies on earth. It’s not even close.

These athletes’ efforts in regards to the protests rarely if ever even extends beyond them simply kneeling for 2 min during this country’s anthem. The romantization of these guys is comical.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:59 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

this kneeling does nothing. Nobody cares. It's white noise.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

flodro18 wrote:
no universal healthcare, no universal education... it’s nothing to write home about...
Oh give me a freaking break. Free people do not turn to the Gov. for things they need. If people want good health, then stop turning to the Gov and start taking personal responsibility. If Gov. controls your HC, then they control your life.

As for education? Assuming you mean college. The cost escalated once the cough, cough free money from Gov. came into play. Just going to college does not mean success if you do not take a subject that will benefit you in a job for the rest of your life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

I want to know what the "greater" issue is?

I agree. To select a random thing here and there and ignoring the details does not mean police are simply shooting people. Comply and the odds greatly improve you will not get our a$$ shot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Not that I mind, but does this thread belong in a different place?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:

I'm going to leave it for now unless it gets ugly. It's the offseason and a lot of people are upset about the kneeling ... which was an issue before President Trump started talking about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

flodro18 wrote:

I’m sure I don’t have to point out the numerous contradictions and anti American comments in your post that you bizzarely chose to conclude with, “I’m a Proud American”...

I think my two worded response summed it up perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:02 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I believe the PBP has posted 4 articles on the two players who kneeled during Thursday's game. This is one reason why politics is playing a big role on this team: the media keeps throwing wood on the fire.

Kaepernick is not on an NFL team, because teams do not want distractions. He is a huge distraction. Every decision we make has consequences. I would say the same is true for Tim Tebow. He is a big media distraction. Neither are talented enough to want a team to take on the distractions.

Jason Leiser wrote:
“What would it take? It would take a lot,” Stills said. “But I think a good first step for us as a league would be acknowledging what they’re doing to Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid. You can’t say as a league that you support the players and the protest and then blackball the players that initially started the protest.

“If you want to... talk about solutions, we need to start there as a league. Then we can start drawing up solutions to some of these other problems.”

Stills, who has been one of the Dolphins’ best players the last two seasons, speculated in the offseason that he would be in the same situation as Kaepernick and Reid if he was a free agent.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/fo ... zSXOxVECI/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

flodro18 wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Rant over.

Sorry it took so long to get back to the site. Something came up that had to be handled.

As to the post above please show how I dismissed other people views. What it seems like is that you are dismissing my views by trying to paint me as something I am not.

I disagree that it is a matter of perception he is taking a specific action of protest at a specific time.

Flodro imo you seem to be trying to show yourself to be supereior by indicating that somehow I am naive. It would be just as easy to say that you a person is offended by what post makes them naive of course I don't believe that. I am not sure you are even making a point as opposed to trying to take a shot.

My post was not even adressed to the players if you note it was to the media.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

socioanthroman wrote:
I also am a veteran and I support anyone who would like to kneel, raise a fist or pray during the anthem. I personally see a double standard, we didn’t raise hell over Tebow kneeling. Stills said he was praying during the anthem which I support even more.

Can you please provide the link that shows that Tebow kneeled during a playing of the National Anthem before a game? I don't think that he has so to me it is an apples and oranges comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

I'm learning to be a "glasses half full" kind of a guy concerning that, Mark. I saw 100+ players & coaches standing for that national anthem.

:awe

What did you see in this GIF? I'm seeing the babes, not Patrick.

:))

You are kind of making my point. Soi what does the media report on? In your scenario it is Patrick and only Patrick imo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
My only problem with this post is that you are pretending that similar atrocities weren't conducted by other countries and cultures across all continents in quests for power and control. America's "problematic" history is not any worse than what you've in many countries during the 20th century. The American experiment is definitely something to be proud of and bolder than any other nation's attempt in history. It doesn't pretend that we are all perfect beings who will live in a homogenous society. Its why things constantly change.

Also, healthcare and education are not universal anywhere on this planet. Let's not try to present "good ideas" as being applicable to real life situations. Political and corporate elites aren't down in the trenches with the common person in any country. Never have been and will not be until either the robot or zombie apocalypse takes over.

The NFL is a business and we are paying customers. This isn't organizing a protest with permits from city hall on a Saturday afternoon. If the paying customers don't want to see it then the owners should have the right to satisfy the paying customer. From what I gather the protests have failed because the NFL has lost viewership to some extent and the message of the protest failed because it has created more division than good to discussion. Part of that is targeting the anthem and part is Kaepernick being the face of it. Were it Kenny Stills, who actually engages in thoughtful discussion, then maybe we'd be singing a different tune.

A well written post, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:45 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
flodro18 wrote:

I’m sure I don’t have to point out the numerous contradictions and anti American comments in your post that you bizzarely chose to conclude with, “I’m a Proud American”...

I think my two worded response summed it up perfectly.

Yes, this ^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It is obviously Daves call but I put it here because Dolphins players are involved and the Dolphins media seems to be hyping it imo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If the media stopped covering it (there are barely any guys doing it any more) and Trump stopped tweeting about it (I can't control his late night addictions) then we wouldn't even be discussing it.

If players held Trump style rallies, charged ticket prices and donated the proceeds to charities then maybe they would make a dent. Heck, hold Town Hall style events with police officers to discuss what is going on and give every side of the story. Sign autographs, take pics, engage with the community post event.

All sides of the story is the key phrase. I haven't been shy about telling you guys about my connections to law enforcement at all levels. Trust me, there is a lot of stuff you don't hear about that would certainly change some opinions. On the other hand, some of those guys are not choir boys and need to be held accountable. And its not just white male cops. Cops of all races and both genders are imperfect human beings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Why not every time the media wants to do an interview those players who want clearly say what they want to say. Ignore the media question to start with, they can answer it later, but first state what they want. The more plays they make the more they can state their case. Maybe people would then understand exactly what they want, what steps they want to see taken actually engage in dialog.

There are probably many other things they could do besides what they are doing.

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]