All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15274
Location: Raleigh, NC
This is such a huge loss. I am a bit speechless at this. Our depth along the OL is not great.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Miami Dolphins starting left guard Josh Sitton is out for the remainder of the season.

Sitton tore a rotator cuff in the second half of Sunday’s 27-20 victory over the Tennessee Titans and will require surgery to fix the tear, according to a league source.

The Dolphins will replace Sitton in the starting lineup with Ted Larsen, who took almost all the practice work at left guard throughout training camp on days Sitton was held out to rest.

Sitton, 32, previously had issues with his right shoulder. A source said this injury was on the opposite side.



Armando Salguero wrote:
The Dolphins actually feel lucky that while many NFL teams are scrambling for offensive line help they have an experienced backup in Larsen. He’s started 73 of the 111 games he’s played, including eight last season for Miami.

It should also be noted that other teams needing offensive line help contacted the Dolphins during the preseason to see about trading for Larsen.


Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 369
the signings of veterans such as Sitton in the off-season to bolster a weak roster was noted as a risk given their age and years of service but it had to be done, and it sure looked good for awhile...... but of course Fins can't seem to break their dreadful pattern of tough luck......Sitton was probably the second most important guy on the offense.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6340
That just stinks. Is there a lineman on the practice squad? I would imagine we need a backup to the backup.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15274
Location: Raleigh, NC
AQNOR wrote:
That just stinks. Is there a lineman on the practice squad? I would imagine we need a backup to the backup.


Ted Larson will take over at LG and he does have experience. In fact, other teams called to trade for him when they lost players along their OL. Good thing we didn't trade him.

Also, newly signed backup center Travis Swanson has NFL experience at G (4 games I think I read), but with all the teams needing OL help and him not being signed, I wonder how much he can really help.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6340
Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
That just stinks. Is there a lineman on the practice squad? I would imagine we need a backup to the backup.


Ted Larson will take over at LG and he does have experience. In fact, other teams called to trade for him when they lost players along their OL. Good thing we didn't trade him.

Also, newly signed backup center Travis Swanson has NFL experience at G (4 games I think I read), but with all the teams needing OL help and him not being signed, I wonder how much he can really help.


Here to hoping that Larson stays healthy and the Phins don't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2867
I'm sure the FO is searching for veteran help but it's probably going to have to happen with what we have in house, which is Isaac Asiata, who is clearly not ready for prime time. Sure do hope Larsen stays healthy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2867
We SURE do have some stinking bad luck when it comes to our OG position. Bad drafting, bad FA signings, and when we actually do get it right they get hurt.

Poop.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5840
Location: Wellington, FL
Ritchie is still a FA

:haha

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
carreramia wrote:
Sitton was probably the second most important guy on the offense.


I hope you are being hyperbolic....

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5977
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Sucks but we can overcome this.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2017 , 2018 , 2019 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
FINesse wrote:
Sucks but we can overcome this.


We always do!

Image

................................................................................................

Image

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8909
The good news on this is that we are putting a natural left guard with experience to take sit in his place usually we shuffle right guard over and mess up the entire line


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 369
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Sitton was probably the second most important guy on the offense.


I hope you are being hyperbolic....


Not at all...even with Parker out of the picture the WRs are all interchangeable....We have no TEs to speak of.....and we have two RBs that are interchangeable with a rookie, Ballard I think is the name, waiting for his chance.

That leaves the oline, where Sitton has been the guy that put the "P" in their "P"hysical game, and for good measure a good influence on Tunsil. The best running we had in the first game was between the tackles, meaning I would bet, Sitton's presence made the C and journeyman RG better. I don't think we could say it the other way. Pass protection was after, I admit, only one game, some of the best we've seen, and if you recall our not too distant past, Tannehill would have helmets flying in up the middle and in his face the moment he took the ball from center, courtesy of failed guards Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas and Dallas Thomas and whomever was filling in at C for Pouncey.

So that only leaves Tannehill. Sitton at second to our QB sounds pretty good to me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:28 pm
Posts: 1085
Asiata still around? I still think he failed more because of coaching than anything else


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2867
Phinished wrote:
Asiata still around? I still think he failed more because of coaching than anything else


He's on the practice squad... for now.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 6746
carreramia wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Sitton was probably the second most important guy on the offense.


I hope you are being hyperbolic....


Not at all...even with Parker out of the picture the WRs are all interchangeable....We have no TEs to speak of.....and we have two RBs that are interchangeable with a rookie, Ballard I think is the name, waiting for his chance.

That leaves the oline, where Sitton has been the guy that put the "P" in their "P"hysical game, and for good measure a good influence on Tunsil. The best running we had in the first game was between the tackles, meaning I would bet, Sitton's presence made the C and journeyman RG better. I don't think we could say it the other way. Pass protection was after, I admit, only one game, some of the best we've seen, and if you recall our not too distant past, Tannehill would have helmets flying in up the middle and in his face the moment he took the ball from center, courtesy of failed guards Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas and Dallas Thomas and whomever was filling in at C for Pouncey.

So that only leaves Tannehill. Sitton at second to our QB sounds pretty good to me.

That's alot of words for AFC to understand..And since he doesn't even watch the games most likey don't even know who half those guys are.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Kev, you are pettier than my clingy ex girlfriend, and if you have one, she’s cheating on your little ***. If you are ever down in Miami for a game & I am in the area, let me know. We could have a lot more fun then. That’s all I’m saying here Dave.

:)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15274
Location: Raleigh, NC
I think Coach Gase's offense is designed to take advantage of poor pass blocking with his quick pass designs. In fact, Tannehlil had the fastest release of all NFL quarterbacks. He understands the offense very well. Unfortunately, defense will stack the box on us.

Here's Anthony Sabol's video clip of Tannehill's TD where Sitton whiffs majorly on a block.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


As you can see, Sitton and Tunsil were still working on their "communication" together. Chemistry is important to the effectiveness of offensive linemen. Check out Tannehill's quickness in the pocket. His footwork has really improved as you can see on some plays where he moves his feet to where he can create a lane to step into on passes. This is one area that I see real improvement this year.


_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15274
Location: Raleigh, NC
A little information on when it happened and why he was shut down for the season.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Neither the Dolphins nor Sitton are absolutely certain when the injury happened. It seems the player felt a strain on one play, continued playing and later took a hit, which may have completed the tearing of the rotator cuff. A key frustration for the Dolphins is that Sitton was actually on special teams when he initially hurt himself.

When Sitton learned of his diagnosis, he asked about playing anyway. Doctors told him he could try but that would expose him to further damage that surgery eventually could not repair, making it a career-threatening injury.


https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Barry Jackson wrote:
Gase said Sitton is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the team next year, which is the final year of a two-year contract. For 2019, he’s due to make $4.95 million in base salary with a $2 million roster bonus and a $7 million cap hit.

“After a lot of discussions with him and everybody in the organization, we realized the best option was for him to have surgery and not try to risk anything to prevent him from ever playing again,” Gase said.


https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 6746
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev, you are pettier than my clingy ex girlfriend, and if you have one, she’s cheating on your little ***. If you are ever down in Miami for a game & I am in the area, let me know. We could have a lot more fun then. That’s all I’m saying here Dave.

:)

Still momma's basement... I knew the Marines was just a pipe dream.

Easy on the tide pods.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8909
Alright guys no one wants to read the bs. Pm each other or FaceTime. Anyway no way we keep this dude next at a 7 mil cap hit. Why the hell was he playing special teams?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Kev1321 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev, you are pettier than my clingy ex girlfriend, and if you have one, she’s cheating on your little ***. If you are ever down in Miami for a game & I am in the area, let me know. We could have a lot more fun then. That’s all I’m saying here Dave.

:)

Still momma's basement... I knew the Marines was just a pipe dream.

Easy on the tide pods.


I don’t explain myself to a *****. That’s a feeling I don’t expect you to understand. The guys I actually talk to on here know where I’m at. You are the resident outcast. Have fun continuing to talk to yourself. If you want to bring your little *** down from Mass for a game you can find out though. I’m sure I’d be doing all the guys on here a favor. Probably wouldn’t even escalate to anything, just a little humility. And tide pods....?

:) :) :)

You are a gem kelvin. No more petty back & forth.

:)

Makchell wrote:
Alright guys no one wants to read the bs. Pm each other or FaceTime.


Facetime? That’s even more hilariously ridiculous. The resident weasel knows where I stand. I could be calling for a ban like every other member has already done here but he does it to himself. What needed to be said has been said. He better hope he don’t cash me on dat Facetime doh...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6340
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev, you are pettier than my clingy ex girlfriend, and if you have one, she’s cheating on your little ***. If you are ever down in Miami for a game & I am in the area, let me know. We could have a lot more fun then. That’s all I’m saying here Dave.

:)



Ok now you have gone to far. So far as I was aware I was the only one you have threatened physical violence too through the web. Now you have gone and lumped Kev1321 in with me putting us in the same group.


That sir is just a bridge to far, so I challange you mano y mano but lets take this outside as we would not want to brake up anything in here. Lets just step out back and if I am not there in 5 minutes then start without me. Peace out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
AQNOR wrote:
Ok now you have gone to far. So far as I was aware I was the only one you have threatened physical violence too through the web. Now you have gone and lumped Kev1321 in with me putting us in the same group.


That sir is just a bridge to far, so I challange you mano y mano but lets take this outside as we would not want to brake up anything in here. Lets just step out back and if I am not there in 5 minutes then start without me. Peace out.


‘Physical violence’. You sound like a library teacher. Fighting can be a good thing when used properly. Teaches true character and it gives you a deeper sense of self than 10 hours of any shrink could possibly do.

Screw meeting outside. Ok Adam Sandler. Mano a mano. Settle this like real men. Facetime. If a live look at your face isn’t taking up 95% of my cell phone’s display frame by high noon TOMORROW, forget church, you are a punk!

Let’s be honest with ourselves here though, I’m sure most here under the age of 40 have fantasized about slapping Kev.

I’ll roll with the bad guy image though.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6340
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Ok now you have gone to far. So far as I was aware I was the only one you have threatened physical violence too through the web. Now you have gone and lumped Kev1321 in with me putting us in the same group.


That sir is just a bridge to far, so I challange you mano y mano but lets take this outside as we would not want to brake up anything in here. Lets just step out back and if I am not there in 5 minutes then start without me. Peace out.


‘Physical violence’. You sound like a library teacher. Fighting can be a good thing when used properly. Teaches true character and it gives you a deeper sense of self than 10 hours of any shrink could possibly do.

Screw meeting outside. Ok Adam Sandler. Mano a mano. Settle this like real men. Facetime. If a live look at your face isn’t taking up 95% of my cell phone’s display frame by high noon TOMORROW, forget church, you are a punk!

Let’s be honest with ourselves here though, I’m sure most here under the age of 40 have fantasized about slapping Kev.

I’ll roll with the bad guy image though.

Image


Hmmm, I see an attempt at humor is not going to defuse the situation. My bad.

I will not forget church.

You are right I am a punk and many other worse things.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
AQNOR wrote:
Hmmm, I see an attempt at humor is not going to defuse the situation. My bad.

I will not forget church.

You are right I am a punk and many other worse things.


You are right. I was being completely serious.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6340
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Hmmm, I see an attempt at humor is not going to defuse the situation. My bad.

I will not forget church.

You are right I am a punk and many other worse things.


You are right. I was being completely serious.


Sorry, lol at myself. I missed it like T.J. McDonald did on that tackle last game. Tone and body language are not conveyed well if at all by the net.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
AQNOR wrote:
Sorry, lol at myself. I missed it like T.J. McDonald did on that tackle last game. Tone and body language are not conveyed well if at all by the net.


Yuppppppp. That’s why I threw a little extra sauce on it to make it more obvious.

:)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2867
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Let’s be honest with ourselves here though, I’m sure most here under the age of 40 have fantasized about slapping Kev.



Why the age discrimination?

:speechless


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
k-dash wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Let’s be honest with ourselves here though, I’m sure most here under the age of 40 have fantasized about slapping Kev.



Why the age discrimination?

:speechless


I sincerely apologize. I was being selfish. I’ll sell raffles. COME ONE COME ALL!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 6746
Pretty tough talk for a guy that can't cut being a Marine.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4753
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Kev1321 wrote:
Pretty tough talk for a guy that can't cut being a Marine.


I wouldn’t push it that far Kelvin. Look up 0311. Karma is a *****.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r