All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think most of us assumed this just a couple weeks ago. Something just isn't right. Tannehill may have played his last snap for the Dolphins.

Barry Jackson wrote:
David Chao, the former Chargers team doctor who now comments on athlete medical issues in a regular column for the San Diego Union-Tribune, said it’s “highly unlikely” that Tannehill will be ready to play in that Colts games, which follows Miami’s bye week.

In fact, Chao told the Miami Herald on Thursday that there is “a greater chance he is done for the season than plays vs. Indy.”

In his piece in the Union Tribune, Chao wrote: “The news seems even worse than I thought, and he does not appear close.”

Chao wrote that Tannehill will not play until December at the earliest, noting that “Tannehill’s words tell us there is a tear” of his shoulder capsule.

“We’re … trying to get it to heal up because every time the arm goes through that motion, it stresses that capsule,” Tannehill said Wednesday. “That’s the goal right now is just to let the thing tighten back down, heal up and then get back to throwing during the bye.”

Chao wrote that “the words ‘heal’ and ‘tighten back down’ mean there was at least a partial tear.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Will always like 17 but I think you are right about him moving on.
Maybe Jacksonville or Raiders?
If he can stay on the field I think he can be successful
Would like for that to be here but I think it was important for him to stay healthy this season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

it's not his fault...he was built up to be what he is not. Time to move on. QB. Front office. Gase hangs on but his clock is ticking as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
it's not his fault...he was built up to be what he is not. Time to move on. QB. Front office. Gase hangs on but his clock is ticking as well.

The problem is that the Dolphins failed to provide a good offensive line for him through the years. We would have had a better grade on him much earlier had they did as we would have been able to see his limitations when given time to throw the ball. It's always been too easy to say that no one could throw behind that line. After taking so many hits his body is just giving out, and that is a shame.

On another note, I don't think anyone here (except FINesse in his humor) ever thought that Tannehill could hold Dan the Man's jock, but we also knew that he wasn't the problem. I believe that Gase has elevated the offensive weapons on this team to where we are seeing that he is holding back the offense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:57 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

carreramia wrote:

He was built up to be someone who needed a year or two sitting on the bench to develop so he could rebuild his mechanics. Instead, he basically started unopposed from day 1 and played behind terrible offensive lines.

Would have preferred he had been handled like an Aaron Rodgers than a David Carr.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more info as Joe Schad follows up with Chao.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 am 

I dont think Miami will have another Marino but when you draft a QB with the #8 pick in the first round why not beleive that this is a guy who will QB your team for 10 - 15 years and win some rings. Tannehill showed he could win. He showed he could pull a game out and win late. And when healthy he showed he could get a team to the playoffs. I dont buy the offensive line thing. Teams adapt to injuries. But speaking of injuries I think that is what does him in as a Dolphin. He is injury prone. At least in a Dolphin uniform. Its to bad because now we are way behind in the arms race. I hope he still finds success in the NFL. But say what you want all of a teams vulnerabilities get exposed without a quality guy behind center.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:00 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
carreramia wrote:

He was built up to be someone who needed a year or two sitting on the bench to develop so he could rebuild his mechanics. Instead, he basically started unopposed from day 1 and played behind terrible offensive lines.

Would have preferred he had been handled like an Aaron Rodgers than a David Carr.

In hindsight yes, but the Favre led Packers when Rodgers got there had four consecutive years of double digit wins and playoff appearances with a HOF candidate at the position. Here, much as it has been the last several years, the Dolphins back when Thill was drafted were running from dysfunctional year to dysfunctional year and the QB thing was hanging around their necks much as it is now. Starting the guy from the get go was the only option and today, if they were somehow able to draft a worthy candidate at no. 1, the same thing would happen again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:19 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Alex Smith (when Harbaugh arrived), Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, or any other QB who was drafted in the last 10 years and has won a bunch early on has what in common?

Their GMs got them a strong ground game and didn't put it all on the QB to be close to elite. But Wentz...yeah, Philly traded for Jay Ajayi to make sure there was plenty of running power in that stable.

Fortunately this draft is very strong with trench players and has some decent depth at running back. Miami can come away with both an interior guy and OT on Day 2 and should consider trying to acquire extra picks to do so. The 1st Round may be better for the DL as there are several top shelf guys and Miami desperately needs both DTs and DEs.

I saw Bleacher Report's Matt Miller has Drew Lock to Miami in his latest Mock Draft. I think that would be a colossal reach in the 1st Round.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I saw Bleacher Report's Matt Miller has Drew Lock to Miami in his latest Mock Draft. I think that would be a colossal reach in the 1st Round.

No 1st round reaches for a QB. Ever. Ever, ever.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]