Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
3. Good things happen when you throw the ball to Kenny Stills. He made a nice snag on a fine pass from Ryan Tannehill on a 13-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter for the go-ahead points. It was a ball Tannehill might not have thrown, considering it was into double coverage. But he threw it perfectly and Stills grabbed it from the Bills for his fifth touchdown of the year. It was his fourth catch of the day. Two went for first downs and that one for the touchdown. It was an issue this past week, why Stills wasn’t getting the ball more (as I wrote here). Stills has 24 catches on the year now. Five have gone for touchdowns and 17 have for first downs. That’s impact. In a season where Dolphins receivers keep getting hurt, how could he not get the ball more?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dav ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Keep those passes coming to Stills.

RotoWorld wrote:
Kenny Stills caught 8-of-9 targets for 135 yards and a touchdown in Miami's Week 14 upset of New England. Stills put on a route-running clinic all over the field but nearly cost the Dolphins this game by sliding short of the first-down marker on a fourth-quarter play to help force a punt and dropping a third-down pass on the very next possession. Stills has come alive with Ryan Tannehill back at quarterback, but the Dolphins are in for a tough Week 15 test next up at Minnesota.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8482/kenny-stills

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Minnesota sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Minnesota sucks.

Vegas moved Minnesota from -8 to -7 today. I don't think they suck, especially on defense, but its pretty clear when you pressure Cousins he stinks.

By the way, Cousins has a 4-24 career record against teams above .500.

Since the thread is about Stills we saw really good things happen (minus 1) when Tannehill got him the ball. I really hope he becomes the new Landry for Tannehill because he can get open on more routes than Landry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
By the way, Cousins has a 4-24 career record against teams above .500.

You know I’m not the biggest stat guy but that record tells me enough to stay the hell away from him as a coach or GM. Teams are way too quick to invest mega millions into absolutely unproven players with only a handful of games on their resume.

Ahem...Brock.

On to Stills.

Stills is an incredibly soft and finesse player but no doubt very skilled with his speed trade. He should definitely have more than 25 catches and only a few hundred yards with 3 games left in the season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:55 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Stills is an incredibly soft and finesse player but no doubt very skilled with his speed trade. He should definitely have more than 25 catches and only a few hundred yards with 3 games left in the season.

You're not far off but he has 32 catches, 504 yards and 6 TDs. With three more games I imagine he gets close to 50 catches, another 200 yards and at least 2 more TDs. That's not terrible considering all of the injury and play calling nonsense this team went through.

The good news is if teams really try to shut him down it will allow Tannehill to use Amendola and Drake to move the ball, and both have been quite effective catching passes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I thought Stills was under 30 receptions with under 500 yards. Must not be remembering an article I read the other day correctly. It doesn’t sound as bad now. He can definitely be a 1,000 yard receiver. Thanks for the correction.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]