Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:32 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Bleacher Report wrote:
The Miami Dolphins have quarterback Ryan Tannehill's contract on the books through the 2020 term, but there's uncertainty surrounding his future, per Miami Herald reporter Armando Salguero. "Tannehill’s status with the Dolphins for 2019 and beyond is not settled. In fact, the first seven weeks of this season have made it quite unsettled," he wrote.

Tannehill suffered a shoulder injury, which cost him five games, but he's fared well since returning to action. Though he's not moving the ball up and down the field at an impressive pace, the 30-year-old has been efficient in the pocket, logging 341 yards, five touchdowns and one interception while completing more than 67 percent of his passes over the last two weeks.

With a quarter of the season left to play, the Dolphins are in contention for a playoff spot. The next two games against the New England Patriots and Minnesota Vikings will help determine this club's fate as a playoff sleeper or a squad with plenty of talent and not enough wins for the postseason.

The Dolphins have a 12-8 record with Tannehill as a starter over the last three seasons. Because of his injury history, the front office should select a quarterback in the draft, but the seventh-year veteran is the team's best option on a deal that holds $13.4 million in dead cap beyond this year, per Spotrac.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... sel#slide5

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Today’s game has changed so much in the way of rules, pace and strategy that I barely even pay attention to a QB’s completion percentage as a valid gauge anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Today’s game has changed so much in the way of rules, pace and strategy that I barely even pay attention to a QB’s completion percentage as a valid gauge anymore.

Terry Bradshaw only had a 51.9% completion rate. Feast on that one.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

As I said in my Mia-NE thread, its different with Tannehill this year. Usually he moves the ball well between the 20s with impressive throws. This year its a lot less of that and instead he has some very impressive TD passes (which used to be shorter throws with YAC).

Or was it just that he had Landry who could get a lot YAC in the open field but clam up near the end zone? Not asking that sarcastically. Landry got open a lot on broken plays with Tannehill hitting him on the run. But once you got near the end zone he was a non factor unless he took a short throw and muscled his way in.

I think of Tannehill's 13 TD passes almost half have traveled 20+ yards in the air. Just not what you would normally expect.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tannehill is finally throwing down field more. I think that TD to Butler today was the same play Parker scored on last week. I wish Tannehill would get rid of the ball quicker instead of taking sacks. Brady tossed 2 or 3 out of bounds today as soon as he saw the defense. Thats what Tannehill needs to do. Better recognition at the line and throw it away. Sacks are drive killers just like holding penalties.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]