PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Better them than us. lol

Post subject: Re: Jets Hire Gase
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:01 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Sorry I posted it too. I’ll try to combine post.

Post subject: Re: Jets hire Gase.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Don't be surprised if he has some early success. Team has nearly $100 million in cap space.

Get him a decent DC and they can start assembling a decent roster. Darnold will be way better than what he has worked with since Manning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I am sorry, but I feel like this will haunt the phish for a while.

Post subject: Re: Jets Hire Gase
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

nickinroanoke wrote:
I am sorry, but I feel like this will haunt the phish for a while.

Just like Todd Bowls was going to haunt us too?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

he’ll do better because he has a better roster to work with and the best cap situation in the league...we’ll see if the reports of players here who spoke up about the difficulty of dealing with him will have an impact on the FAs they can acquire, although as we know money talks and they have enough to be able to get just about anyone they want...let’s face it, at the end of the day NFL coaching isn’t rocket science, you win when you have better talent...and he won’t be able to screw it up because the Jets learned from Miami’s mistake and won’t give him final say on the roster....I say, let’s get it on, they may have a head start but it won’t be for long....how much fun those 2 games each year will be, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Hate it for Darnold. Does anyone besides me think it's no coincidence that Tannehill never missed a game to injury until Gase became his headcoach? This is what happens when your HC thinks Guards are unimportant. Welcome to mediocrity Jets fans.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Let's see if the offensive problems that haunted the Dolphins during his tenure in Miami follow him to the Jets; dreadful 3rd down efficiency, inability to score early in games, inability to score on the road... To name a few. It's gonna be fun twice a year that's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:56 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
Hate it for Darnold. Does anyone besides me think it's no coincidence that Tannehill never missed a game to injury until Gase became his headcoach? This is what happens when your HC thinks Guards are unimportant. Welcome to mediocrity Jets fans.

I as much as anyone am convinced Gase was in over his head here but it was his first rodeo and the Fins desperate to salvage something out of Tannehill gave him a job he wasn’t really ready for yet. So at the expense of the wasted years here Gase now will apply that experience, plus the motivation he has to show the Fins up, to the new job. And given the much better roster he now inherits combined with the Fins “admitted” rebuild mode, he will have quite the advantage.

As much as we want to poke fun at the Jets their FO can’t possibly be stupid enough to hand over the reigns to a franchise some think is in the cusp of greater things to Gase without having dug up everything he did wrong here. I mean, if we as fans know the poor job he did, one can be sure the Jets FO knows it better. For these reasons I don’t think the Jets will remain in mediocrity for long, they will be a force at least in the division, for sure if the long advertised demise of the Pats becomes reality.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm surprised, but he has good qualities. I think he should have stepped back and couple of years to reflect on his mistakes. I'd like to say "good luck" to him, but he's with the Jets, and you all know how I feel about the Jets.

:jests:

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:11 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We will lose some assistants. I won't lose any sleep over this one, but we have to release him first since he is still under contract (I believe). Also, Vance Joseph may be Gase's DC if he doesn't get hired as the Bengals HC. Go at it. While I like Joseph's commanding personality, he took our defense from bad to worst in his first year as our DC. Before Gase was fired, it was my worry that Gase would hire him back as his DC for 2019 with us.

RotoWorld wrote:
ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports ex-Dolphins OC DOWELL LOGGAINS is expected to serve in the same capacity for Adam Gase with the Jets. Yikes. Gase coordinates his own offense, so Loggains is more of an adviser/sounding board. It's still an extremely uninspiring move for a Jets team that is going against this offseason's grain of bold coaching hires. Loggains has never been anyone's idea of fun on offense, from Tennessee to Chicago to Miami.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports ex-Broncos coach VANCE JOSEPH is a "strong possibility" to serve as new Jets coach Adam Gase's defensive coordinator. Rapsheet also reports Joseph is "still in the mix" for the Bengals' head-coaching job. Unceremoniously fired by the Dolphins, Gase is nevertheless preparing to double down on his Dolphins staff with Gang Green, with OC Dowell Loggains also rumored to be making the move north to Florham Park. While Loggains is as uninspiring as they come, Joseph would be a perfectly fine choice as defensive coordinator.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:22 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

carreramia wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:

I as much as anyone am convinced Gase was in over his head here but it was his first rodeo and the Fins desperate to salvage something out of Tannehill gave him a job he wasn’t really ready for yet. So at the expense of the wasted years here Gase now will apply that experience, plus the motivation he has to show the Fins up, to the new job. And given the much better roster he now inherits combined with the Fins “admitted” rebuild mode, he will have quite the advantage.

As much as we want to poke fun at the Jets their FO can’t possibly be stupid enough to hand over the reigns to a franchise some think is in the cusp of greater things to Gase without having dug up everything he did wrong here. I mean, if we as fans know the poor job he did, one can be sure the Jets FO knows it better. For these reasons I don’t think the Jets will remain in mediocrity for long, they will be a force at least in the division, for sure if the long advertised demise of the Pats becomes reality.

We're talking about the Jets here, not the Patriots. Besides that, the general consensus across the league is that Gase is a very good HC who wrongly got fired because of Tannehill. Forget the fact he couldn't win consisyently with Cutler and Osweiler either.

The Jets will be better, only because Gase is better than Bowles. But just like we have, they will struggle to beat the perennial good teams in the league, and never the Patriots in Foxboro. It willl add up to a game or two above or below .500, and maybe a wild card berth and quick exit, and nothing more.

Meanwhile, we seem destined to give someone unexperienced and unknown a shot. I would rather they give Rex an interview. With Grant, Wilson, and Sitton returning, and Rex's knowledge of defense, we can still have a team that may surprise the league. He took the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games, that should not be so easily overlooked IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
With Grant, Wilson, and Sitton returning, and Rex's knowledge of defense, we can still have a team that may surprise the league. He took the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games, that should not be so easily overlooked IMO.

You left out our new QB....oh, wait, we don’t have one (even if Tannehill is still groveling around). Plus you can’t compare the Jets defense then to the swiss cheese one here. Forget Ryan, he’s a thing of the past. It is hard to accept I know but with or w/out Gase the Jets were already better positioned for the immediate future than the Fins. The Jets job was the one McCarthy wanted, there’s a reason or many actually.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Who has personnel decision making power. If it is someone besides Gase then might be ok.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:11 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

From what they were reporting Gase won't have the say over his roster.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I think Macaggnan somehow kept his job, so they'll have someone else to fire in a couple years.

I would expect a 1st year bump to the 8-8 9-7 10-6 range, like Gase did here and all 1st year Jets coaches seem to pull off. Then it'll be back to reality.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Now that he will have a purpose in life to thrash the Phins and someone else making personnel decisions I could see him having some success, however I would be really worried if they picked his coordinators and other coaches for him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:58 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:
Who has personnel decision making power. If it is someone besides Gase then might be ok.

The Jets wanted Baylor HC Matt Rhule but wouldn't let him pick his staff. I think they said the same to McCarthy (who walked from Cleveland for the same reasons).

Gase was Plan C and probably didn't care about losing power because he once again gets to be HC. I think he'll do okay there so long as doesn't try and turn Darnold into captain screen pass.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Some of the media heads on ESPN are saying forget about his Miami career, he was stuck with T Hill & Cutler. I swear some of these guys have the easiest job in the world. Just talk about sports. Not the NFL experts.

The dummies who believe they can cover the major sports across the board in depth and still spread their opinions thru the airwaves like it means anything. The die hards have more intel on their teams than these dudes.

The only opinion I value are the guys who live in the football world 247. Nobody else matters. You know what they say about opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Forget the fact that Gase CHOSE Cutler and paid him handsomely to come out of retirement. He also knew RT was the man here under center before taking the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Forget the fact that Gase CHOSE Cutler and paid him handsomely to come out of retirement. He also knew RT was the man here under center before taking the job

Yup. The broad media heads failed to mention that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

carreramia wrote:
Relive1972 wrote:
With Grant, Wilson, and Sitton returning, and Rex's knowledge of defense, we can still have a team that may surprise the league. He took the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games, that should not be so easily overlooked IMO.

You left out our new QB....oh, wait, we don’t have one (even if Tannehill is still groveling around). Plus you can’t compare the Jets defense then to the swiss cheese one here. Forget Ryan, he’s a thing of the past. It is hard to accept I know but with or w/out Gase the Jets were already better positioned for the immediate future than the Fins. The Jets job was the one McCarthy wanted, there’s a reason or many actually.

New QB? This isn't the year for shopping for new QBs. Demand Tannehill restructure his contract and keep him another year. Look, I know everyone is really down on Tannehill, but Gase never did him any favors by putting 3rd string guards, at best, in pass protection. It really amazes me how much everyone discounts pass protection when accessing a QB's abilities. Sure, the best QBs can survive, but those are rare. Tannehill has shown he can produce with decent protection. The problem here as always been with the protection, otthe QB.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Relive1972 wrote:
New QB? This isn't the year for shopping for new QBs. Demand Tannehill restructure his contract and keep him another year. Look, I know everyone is really down on Tannehill, but Gase never did him any favors by putting 3rd string guards, at best, in pass protection. It really amazes me how much everyone discounts pass protection when accessing a QB's abilities. Sure, the best QBs can survive, but those are rare. Tannehill has shown he can produce with decent protection. The problem here as always been with the protection, otthe QB.

We can try, but Tannehill will not restructure and take less money. There are teams that will pay him the money, and his agent knows this. Physically, he has the talent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Vance Joseph's services as a DC are in demand. I still see him showing up with Gase.

Rotoworld wrote:
Ex-Broncos coach Vance Joseph will interview for the Browns' defensive coordinator vacancy. Joseph just interviewed with the Cardinals on Thursday. He's also considered a possibility for the Jets. An on-the-rise coordinator before his unsuccessful two-year stint as the Broncos' head man, Joseph is back in demand.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10328/vance-joseph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wasn’t VJ the brains behind Miami’s worst statistical defense of all time?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:58 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Gase is getting roasted on social media for looking like he drank way too much coffee before the press conference.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Gase is getting roasted on social media for looking like he drank way too much coffee before the press conference.

He’s got those bug eyes for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He looked like judge doom at the end of roger rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

[url]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2317078121670275&id=144945115550264[url]

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]