All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5689
Location: Houston, Texas
Tannehill traded to the Tennessee Titans per ESPN!

The Dolphins will receive a 2019 seventh-round pick and a 2020 fourth-round pick from the Titans in exchange for Tannehill and a sixth-round pick in 2019. Tannehill restructured his contract with the Titans, signing a one-year, $7 million deal that can exceed $12 million with playing time and incentives, according to Schefter.


Last edited by Finhead34 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 5321
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Beat you to it Finhead.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6951
Good for him. Wish him well.

Miami got a 2020 4th Rder for him/2019 7th, but gave up a 2019 6th.

I'm cool with that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26641
Location: Miami, FL
Dphins4me wrote:
Good for him. Wish him well.

Miami got a 2020 4th Rder for him/2019 7th, but gave up a 2019 6th.

I'm cool with that.


Same.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10986
Location: MA
That's an incredible trade for them. It also signals the QB trade up seems to be happening next year. They now have 2 thirds, 2 4ths and 2 5ths. Unless of course they dangle those future picks to move up this year... :excited


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26641
Location: Miami, FL
We have 11 picks on hand for 2020, not including potential compensatory picks, which could be as many as 4. We can still trade Quinn and/or Reshad or even trade down this year to acquire more picks in 2020. We could go into that draft with close to 20 picks.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 9:23 am
Posts: 718
Party my house 9pm tonite....finally!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 am
Posts: 69
THill also restructured his contract before he was traded to a 7 mil deal so we don’t eat the 26mil this year, just a bit over 13 mil this year and 5 mil next year against the cap.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26641
Location: Miami, FL
socioanthroman wrote:
THill also restructured his contract before he was traded to a 7 mil deal so we don’t eat the 26mil this year, just a bit over 13 mil this year and 5 mil next year against the cap.


That's not what happened.

The Dolphins were going to eat either $13m or $5m this year depending on how he was designated (pre or post June 1st). The Dolphins agreed to eat the $13m plus another $5m to make the trade more palatable to Tennessee. That means the Dolphins are willing to forsake some cap space this year to open things up next year.

Estimated $120M in cap space next year plus 11 draft picks, with more than likely more picks to come.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 am
Posts: 69
Tannehill was originally due $18.7 million in salary in 2019 and was set to count as $26.6 million against their salary cap. Miami, in the midst of a rebuild, couldn't justify those huge numbers for a player who clearly wasn't part of their long-term future.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26641
Location: Miami, FL
socioanthroman wrote:
Tannehill was originally due $18.7 million in salary in 2019 and was set to count as $26.6 million against their salary cap. Miami, in the midst of a rebuild, couldn't justify those huge numbers for a player who clearly wasn't part of their long-term future.


Ok, but he didn't restructure his contract as part of the trade.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am
Posts: 4301
Location: Sweet Home ALABAMA!
Armondo said we saved $8million in cap space this year by the trade. Likely what we will spend on our QB this year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 pm 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2259
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Coots wrote:
Armondo said we saved $8million in cap space this year by the trade. Likely what we will spend on our QB this year.



Which is a miracle. And they got a 4th round pick for 2020. Finally a good break for the Phins as he would have been released eventually.


Last edited by bobby0112 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2259
Location: Lakeland, Fl
"As part of the trade, Tannehill agreed to rip up his existing contract and sign a new one-year, $7 million fully guaranteed deal that NFL Network reports is worth upwards to $12 million if he meets all of his incentives.

To facilitate the trade, the Dolphins agreed to pay $5 million of Tannehill’s $7 million salary in the form of a signing bonus. The move clears some $8 million in cap space this year and $25 million next year, and nets the Dolphins a fourth-round pick in return."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... 56769.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6851
Grier impressive with this move and I am impressed that they have a plan and are sticking with it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6951
AQNOR wrote:
Grier impressive with this move and I am impressed that they have a plan and are sticking with it.
Not watch much with the new coach, but for the first time in a while I like the look of the new coach. Does not look weak and looks like he is in command.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26641
Location: Miami, FL
bobby0112 wrote:
"As part of the trade, Tannehill agreed to rip up his existing contract and sign a new one-year, $7 million fully guaranteed deal that NFL Network reports is worth upwards to $12 million if he meets all of his incentives.

To facilitate the trade, the Dolphins agreed to pay $5 million of Tannehill’s $7 million salary in the form of a signing bonus. The move clears some $8 million in cap space this year and $25 million next year, and nets the Dolphins a fourth-round pick in return."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... 56769.html


I stand corrected. I did not read that when the article was published.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6851
Tannehill is a good person imo, I hope he continues to do well in life.


Last edited by AQNOR on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 580
He'll probably get to play and start a QB controversy behind Mariotta.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pm 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2259
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Tannehill helped the Dolphins do this trade by agreeing to redo his contract. I hope he continues his career in TN.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 5321
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
AQNOR wrote:
Tannehill is a good person imo, I hope he continues to do well in life.


100%

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10986
Location: MA
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Tannehill is a good person imo, I hope he continues to do well in life.


100%


I still think he could have guided Miami to their first playoff win in forever in 2016 if not for the knee injury. The team was humming along and he was dialed in. Never took over games like an elite QB but always had a few big throws that put them in position to win.

Never griped, never embarrassed himself off the field and was always praised for his hard work. Stinks his talent didn't translate to more but that is the story for 90% of NFL QBs.

Hope he finds success in Tennessee.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Princeton,IL
Ryan Tannehill

Verified account

@ryantannehill1
Follow Follow @ryantannehill1
More
Thank you to the fans, my teammates, and the Dolphins organization for the last seven years. I’ve experienced some of the greatest blessings of my life in South Florida, and also faced some challenges that made me the man I am today. Grateful for it all


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 16772
Location: Raleigh, NC
Good luck to Tannehill. He was a class act the entire time here. Here's hoping that he has a good blocking OL from this point forward in his career. He surely has paid his dues in Miami.




Armando Salguero wrote:
When God made good people, Tannehill was near the front of the line.

But good people don’t always show great instincts in the pocket, move their feet, manipulate the safety with the eyes and fire a 30-yard laser for a touchdown. That’s something else altogether.


Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 16772
Location: Raleigh, NC
Ryan Tannehill's career earnings, according to spotrac: $72,550,979.

Image

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-t ... -earnings/

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 5321
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Big Dave wrote:
Ryan Tannehill's career earnings, according to spotrac: $72,550,979.

Image

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-t ... -earnings/


Image

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:43 pm
Posts: 988
Appreciate ya Thill, best of luck. And thank you for never being involved in drama and rapping the team well

_________________
Miami Dolphins, Fist Pump Like Champions in 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016!
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6851
00xtremeninja wrote:
Appreciate ya Thill, best of luck. And thank you for never being involved in drama and rapping the team well



I said a hip hop
the hippie the hippie
to the hip, hip - hop, and you don't stop,
the rock it to the bang bang Dolphins,
say "up jump" the Dolphins
To the rhythm of the Dolphins, the beat : )


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 16772
Location: Raleigh, NC
It's not "false praise". The Dolphins were stuck and used their imagination to get something for Tannehill who was going to be released ... for nothing.

Mike Florio/PFT wrote:
While some are skewing reality to heap false praise on the Dolphins for doing something good, the bottom line is that the Dolphins were trying to make chicken salad. To do so, they crafted a convoluted recipe that had them essentially buying not quite a fourth-round pick in 2020 for $5 million, and pushing the dead cap money that will apply to Tannehill to nearly 10 percent of the entire 2019 salary cap.


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... tannehill/

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6851
Big Dave wrote:
It's not "false praise". The Dolphins were stuck and used their imagination to get something for Tannehill who was going to be released ... for nothing.

Mike Florio/PFT wrote:
While some are skewing reality to heap false praise on the Dolphins for doing something good, the bottom line is that the Dolphins were trying to make chicken salad. To do so, they crafted a convoluted recipe that had them essentially buying not quite a fourth-round pick in 2020 for $5 million, and pushing the dead cap money that will apply to Tannehill to nearly 10 percent of the entire 2019 salary cap.


https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... tannehill/


In other news Florio reports that the Phins crafted a convoluted play that not quite counted as a winning TD against the patsies in the most recent contest between the two teams. His probable source for this is Brady who said that he does not count the Phins win as a loss.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 593
How decent is the Titans Offensive Line? If they are good he may do great there.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r