All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I like Jones, but I don't see him as a franchise QB. I could be wrong about him, but I just would not use the 13th pick of the draft on him. I tend to think he'll go in the top 20 somewhere. I think we'll have better options on a QB next year if it comes down to Jones.

Armando Salguero wrote:
The team has met, studied and worked out practically every quarterback who is first-round candidate, and a team source confirms the most recent of those will be Duke’s Daniel Jones, who is scheduled to work out for the Dolphins this week.

Jones is expected to be a late first- or early second-round selection.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Barry Jackson wrote:
The Dolphins — per NFL Network — are sending a contingent to Durham, North Carolina, this week to work out Duke quarterback Daniel Jones, who’s projected to be selected after Miami’s first-round pick at 13 but before the Dolphins’ second-round pick at 48.

This is at least the third contact Miami has had with Jones during the draft process.

NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein assesses him this way: “Three-year starter who operates with a rare level of quality mechanics coming from the college game. Jones doesn’t have special arm talent, but he can make pro throws and has the ability to attack deep with accuracy. He completed just 59.9 percent of his career passes, but his receivers — who dropped 38 passes this year alone — really struggled to get open at times. Jones has good football IQ and is relatively mobile, but he appears to be more of a game manager than “franchise” talent. He’s more of a Day 2 draft pick than Day 1.”

Jones threw for 2,674 yards last season with 22 touchdown passes, nine interceptions and a 60.5 completion percentage.

He was productive in Duke’s bowl win against Temple, throwing for 423 yards with five touchdowns but also two interceptions.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Probably due diligence in the event of a trade down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:30 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah. Has to be due diligence.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I am not going to disagree with you guys but who knows what can happen, you all know how the draft goes, you never know, funny how on d.jerimahs new picks he has jones ranked like 34th but going 6th to the giants, if you like a player and have the chance to draft him you better do it because you will not get that 2nd chance, i personally think they will go Qb. even if they have to go up to get who they want, if they dont want a qb. then they will just sit still and make their pick, ok guys hope the best

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]