All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

As I've said, I can take losing if the team plays hard, doesn't quit, and gives it their all. I could not take the losing that we endured last year under Gase when the team mailed it in once again in December with more talent than this team has. Keep on winning! We'll sort it all out next year during the draft.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
“It’s a team of fighters,” coach Brian Flores said proudly afterward. “We compete. I think that’s something that we talk about day after day after day. It’s something we’ve talked about since April 1st when the first group of guys got here. We’re going to compete, we’re going to fight, we’re going to give great effort, we’re going to try to be a tough, smart, disciplined football team. That’s what you need if you’re going to come back – really, if you want to play in this league at a good level against good competition like we had out there today. That’s what you need.”

This is important stuff. Because this is a hint of what to expect from Dolphins teams under Flores in the future. The team Flores and general manager Chris Grier have crafted this year is admittedly not as talented as it could be. No one denies that. But this team is showing there’s more to success in the NFL than sheer talent.

Yes, talent has its advantages. It’s absolutely necessary. But the Dolphins’ brain trust also wants men with grit. They want guys who will not back down. Maybe they want guys who would never acknowledge they’re not supposed to succeed.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]