Terrell Lewis DE (23rd overall)

Devonta Smith WR (25th overall)

D'Andre Swift RB (35th overall)

Josh Jones OT (64th overall)

Jared Pinckney TE (69th overall)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Keep in mind, Miller does these picks based on what he is hearing not what he would do.

I actually don't hate it outside of taking Herbert 4th overall (I also think Miami will be picking closer to 10 than 4 by the end of the year).

I think Josh Jones is going late 1 or early 2 so if Miami wants him they might have to spend that 25th pick on him.

Love the Swift pick, even if a bit early. He can be a do it all back who will take enormous pressure off the QB.

Pinkney seems like a potential upgrade for that blocking TE Miami needs in 2 TE sets. Not surprised O'Shea would be bringing that from NE.

For this draft to work and get Miami competitive next year they'd have to spend on CB, OG, RT (assuming Davis kicks inside).

Assuming Miami picks closer to 10 and is intent on taking a QB, I would personally roll the dice on Jacob Eason. The 3 Yards Per Carry guys gave a Roethlisberger comparison to him today. Took me a few minutes to figure that one out but I can see it: big QB, mobile but not a frequent runner, rocket arm that he trusts, will need a couple of years to reach potential.

In his first two seasons Roethlisberger wasn't asked to do much, kept it safe and had good stats. In year 3 when he was supposed to step up he threw 18 TDs to 23 Ints. Year 4 he took off and has been mostly positive since. But again, had a couple of seasons to grow behind an iron wall with a great running attack and defense.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

An almost entirely useless profession.

Sorry to rain on your parade Jam.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
An almost entirely useless profession.

Sorry to rain on your parade Jam.

The guy travels the country tailgating at college games and giving his take on college players fitting on NFL rosters. May not be a useful profession, but man it sounds fun and stirs up conversation for us dorks living on hope.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
The guy travels the country tailgating at college games and giving his take on college players fitting on NFL rosters. May not be a useful profession, but man it sounds fun and stirs up conversation for us dorks living on hope.

I get it.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]