All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:33 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

100% agree with this. Talent development mostly on the offensive side of the ball. No way it's just drafting the wrong guys. They have to be developed and we have failed on that side of the ball. This is the biggest weakness Flores has and need major upgrade in the coaching staff. Young oline, young OL coach and Green Coordinators was a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep… but Grier is also part of the problem. He pisses away valuable picks, passing over easy to choose quality players. Igby and Jackson are two glaring examples….. The casting off of Tunsil and Minkah are other mind numbing stupid moves. I think Flores is obstinate and chased off talent and Grier must listen to him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Grier and Flores bet on huge jumps from their young guys. It is happening in a few spots but failing in others. And you don't have veterans to help fill those gaps - Van Noy, Flowers, McKinney.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:38 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phinished wrote:
Yep… but Grier is also part of the problem. He pisses away valuable picks, passing over easy to choose quality players. Igby and Jackson are two glaring examples….. The casting off of Tunsil and Minkah are other mind numbing stupid moves. I think Flores is obstinate and chased off talent and Grier must listen to him.

I agree here. Grier did practically nothing to address the O-Line and RB issues that are now plaguing this team. It all comes down to Ross and his uncanny ability to bring in bad coaches and GMs.

TommyNoleFin the traitor said back when he flipped that as long as Ross is the owner, the Dolphins have no hope for the future. I'm starting to think that he might've been right on the money there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Phinished wrote:

I agree here. Grier did practically nothing to address the O-Line and RB issues that are now plaguing this team. It all comes down to Ross and his uncanny ability to bring in bad coaches and GMs.

TommyNoleFin the traitor said back when he flipped that as long as Ross is the owner, the Dolphins have no hope for the future. I'm starting to think that he might've been right on the money there.

I keep hoping we luck into something. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. However, we seem cursed after wasting Marino.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 am 

Well even though I don't harp on it all the time, I have never been a fan of Ross from the beginning as some may remember. I did not like it when he got the team and he has made bad football decisions ever since imo. I keep hoping that he will prove me wrong.

I did not like it when he put Grier in charge as he had been part of the institutional failure of the team for many years but I hoped he would prove me wrong.

I did not know much about Flores as a coach but hoped he was good and would be part of Ross and Grier proving me wrong. I liked the results he has gotten from the team and was excited to see what would happen this year. I will wait until the end of the year at least or closer to it or try too before making any hasty conclusions on my part. The oline, the back up qb and some of Flores recent comments sure give me pause at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:54 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I agree here. Grier did practically nothing to address the O-Line and RB issues that are now plaguing this team.

I'm with you on the running back concerns. They grabbed a bargain bin power back who is a slight upgrade to Jordan Howard at this point.

I think the pieces are in place for a decent OL. Eichenberg and Hunt would be just fine if they were starting at LT and RT respectively. Dieter was playing well until hurt. Davis was fine as a guard.

Grier added all of these guys and they are starting material. The problem is the coaches have not abandoned the Austin Jackson experiment and that is messing everything else up at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:03 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Another possibility is signing Mitchell Schwartz to play RT, moving Eichenberg and benching Jackson altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:53 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

I'm thinking you might be right Coots about not drafting Alabama players. So far Najee Harris has shown much at all for the Steelers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Not looking to debate your overall point, as I agree. But I don't think we can list Minkah in that group. Didn't Minkah come and say he wanted traded? Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I thought it was Minkah who quickly realized the poop show and wanted out. I may be wrong, hard to remember there has been so many disasters.

But yes, I agree, Grier overall is a problem.

Minkah wanted out, but I think it was the coaching that made his mind up….Grier stinks, but coaching is another part of the problem. We have often blamed players on the Phins, sometimes coaches and GM, but perhaps the players are not the problem at all? For example, I can see Tua as a caretaker QB we can win with, but not if the dumb coaches can not coach an offense that properly uses what talent we have. The O line is exhibit 1 in our coaching ineptitude and it is killing the whole offense.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]