All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Maybe Philben should give her a tryout. Anyways, she won't be bouncing on her daddy's knee anytime soon;)

Quote:
At 5-foot-9 and 350 pounds, Holley Mangold is seven inches shorter and 43 pounds heavier than Nick. She recently told the Los Angeles Times that she’s proud to be built like an offensive lineman, which she was in high school.

“I’m huge,” Holley Mangold said. “I love my body. I think it’s perfect. I don’t know what my personality would be like if I wasn’t so huge.”

Holley is huge enough that she qualified for the Olympics by clean and jerking 319 pounds. But no matter how huge Holley gets, Nick made a point of saying on NFL Network that he’s stronger than she is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... jets-camp/

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

At 5-foot-9 and 350 pounds, Holley Mangold is seven inches shorter and 43 pounds heavier than Nick.

I have to be honest and admit, I gagged a bit after reading that.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:28 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Proud of your body? You're obese!!!

Ah man... the problem here is more and more people are "ok" with being over weight and out of shape... gotta get this thing turned around.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:

Ah man... the problem here is more and more people are "ok" with being over weight and out of shape... gotta get this thing turned around.

You know, I think more people need to be happy just the way they are. Too many people just go around unhappy all the time. Good for her. Not that 340lbs is my type but I used to know a guy who thought the more woman the better.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

BTW...a great place to start something....

You're momma is so fat she's the only one at the beach that gets a tan!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Most of the thoughts I have are not very nice. :embarrassed:

I guess, good for her for accepting herself the way she is.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You know, I think more people need to be happy just the way they are.

So are you promoting that lazy people should maintain their biggest flaw...LAZINESS? That is the issue in this darn country is #1 the availabilty of junk food...and #2 the laziness and overall lack of motivation for people to maintain their own body to perform and function as a healthy human being. That kinda crap is bringing this country down and we're at the butt end of bad jokes because of it. Not to mention the abnoxious stereotypes that come with it. "Oh you fat American!"

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think people should be happy with themselves, but at the same time, they should always be trying to get healthy. Holley is going to have a lot of health issues. Hopefully she didn't use steroids in the past to get where she is at today.

And, I think she could grab me and use me to beat several of you all up. Are those hairy legs in that football picture? Not surprised to see Jets players with hulkish sisters;)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

obviously her issue is not with laziness because she is playing football and doing 315lbs on clean-n-jerk. That stuff takes training, not any fat person can just go out and do those things, c'mon!

I do agree that eating unhealthy stuff is a very big issue in the States. I'm trying my best to manage what I eat, let alone what my kids are eating as well. And I do exercise 3-5 days a week.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

So are you promoting that lazy people should maintain their biggest flaw...LAZINESS? That is the issue in this darn country is #1 the availabilty of junk food...and #2 the laziness and overall lack of motivation for people to maintain their own body to perform and function as a healthy human being. That kinda crap is bringing this country down and we're at the butt end of bad jokes because of it. Not to mention the abnoxious stereotypes that come with it. "Oh you fat American!"

No the problem with this country is one set of people looking at another set of people in a judgemental way and deciding FOR them they shouldn't be that way. I'm not for subsidizing anyone's laziness or fast food habit; however, I'll defend your right to be that way until they pry my guns from cold, dead fingers. Our constitution states life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They are written in that order on purpose. Life should trump liberty, Liberty should trump pursuit of happiness. BTW...don't buy into the fat isn't healthy scam. There's no data to suggest that fat people die any sooner than skinny ones. I could give a rat's behind what other countries say about Americans.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
I think people should be happy with themselves, but at the same time, they should always be trying to get healthy. Holley is going to have a lot of health issues. Hopefully she didn't use steroids in the past to get where she is at today.

Someone will one day define exactly what healthy is, come up with a "health" plan for you and penalize you when you don't follow it. Oh...wait...

I'm 6'1, 185 and bike 75 miles a week mixed in with an upper body workout on off days. I eat right have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have always maintained an active lifestyle. I have a triathlete friend with the same issues but he's smaller and skinnier. You can no more look at a person to determine their "health" than you can predict a football season. This idea that you can look at a person and determine health is pshyco babble and is very draconian in nature.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm 

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Someone will one day define exactly what healthy is, come up with a "health" plan for you and penalize you when you don't follow it. Oh...wait...

I'm 6'1, 185 and bike 75 miles a week mixed in with an upper body workout on off days. I eat right have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have always maintained an active lifestyle. I have a triathlete friend with the same issues but he's smaller and skinnier. You can no more look at a person to determine their "health" than you can predict a football season. This idea that you can look at a person and determine health is pshyco babble and is very draconian in nature.

The idea that fat people aren't less healthy than those who are in some sort of physical shape is absurd. There's plenty of studies out there to prove otherwise.

I have to completely disagree with you here. I'm not the guy who's skinny as can be and out there working out 3 hours a day, but I'm not the guy laying on the couch every day asking myself how I got so big either.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I could take her, although we would probably look like two grizzly bears fighting over a pot of honey.

On a more serious note, I like big women..... And they like me.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

The idea that fat people aren't less healthy than those who are in some sort of physical shape is absurd. There's plenty of studies out there to prove otherwise.

I have to completely disagree with you here. I'm not the guy who's skinny as can be and out there working out 3 hours a day, but I'm not the guy laying on the couch every day asking myself how I got so big either.

http://www.fitsugar.com/All-Overweight- ... s-18771841

Then please tell me how my salad eating 155lb, 5'10", tri athlete friend just had a stent put in at age 45. Genetics. Some people have great genetics...ie George Burns who drank like a fish and smoked cigars until he died at 102. Other's like my friend, not so much. To look at a person and say they are unhealthy just by looking at their weight is just showing willful ignorance. Frank Bruno dropped dead at 37 after a marathon of a heart attack. I can point to countless examples of people who are overweight who have no issue at all, health wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

TommyNoleFin wrote:

Post of the decade! You are without a doubt the phinfever MVP this year for that post alone.

:)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:05 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

Post of the decade! You are without a doubt the phinfever MVP this year for that post alone.

LOL. I started this thread to break the monotony on the site. It's been too serious lately. What is more funny that posting pictures of sisters of Jets players that have hairy legs and have more muscle mass than they do? Fits my image of a Jets gal;)

:jests:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

When you weigh 300+ pounds, and then do the things necisarry to loose that weight, not including any kind of surgery, then please, feel free to come here and post your great ideas of how everyone else needs to loose weight because it is unhealthy...

I agree its a problem, but please show me your before and after pics, and then tell me your diet & excersize plan...
Thanks.....

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
When you weigh 300+ pounds, and then do the things necisarry to loose that weight, not including any kind of surgery, then please, feel free to come here and post your great ideas of how everyone else needs to loose weight because it is unhealthy...

I agree its a problem, but please show me your before and after pics, and then tell me your diet & excersize plan...
Thanks.....

I don't understand why one has to be 300 pounds in order to advise someone on how to LOSE weight (not loose). Diet and exercise. It's not a mythical phenomena.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think I threw up in my mouth. I bet her beard is mighty.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:47 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Iowafin wrote:

I don't understand why one has to be 300 pounds in order to advise someone on how to LOSE weight (not loose). Diet and exercise. It's not a mythical phenomena.

Thanks for the spell check teach. Unfortunately this is an internet forum, not a classroom so your amazing knowledge of the English language is not impressing me.

Tell ya what, when you watch a young girl trying to grow up and fight obesity, starving herself, excersizing, doing everything she can to keep the weight off while being ridiculed by her peers at school because she is "fat and lazy" and see her cry, and lay in her room depressed until she can no longer take the pain and she takes her own life, then please come in here and tell me obesity is simply a problem for "fat lazy people"

You dont know what you are talking about, you are not a Dr, nutritionist, or even a personal trainer.
Your just some guy with an opinion, and you are a large part of the stereotypical judgmental people who think fat is unhealthy and skinny is healthy...

Fat isnt the problem. Its the crap food that makes perfectly skinny people to need all kinds of medical attention because there arteries are all clogged up and their blood pressure is through the roof...

But hey its ok, because they are not fat....

And feel free to keep this going, I excersise 1 - 2 hours a day and eat 1200 Fing calories a day just to maintain, I am still 250. Have been big my entire life, and never ate mc donalds or any bs until I was nearly 20. Small farm town, ate natural local grown foods, not many snacks.
So I can argue about it all day with first hand knowledge & experience.
Watched my brother eat anything infront of him, and whatever other people didnt eat at times, he was and still is thin...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

You dont know what you are talking about, you are not a Dr, nutritionist, or even a personal trainer.

I am a coach with a personal training licence, but with your logic, it doesn't matter. I can't tell people what to do because I myself haven't lost 200 pounds. I was taught the right things to do at a young age, so therefore, I am wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Thanks for the spell check teach. Unfortunately this is an internet forum, not a classroom so your amazing knowledge of the English language is not impressing me.

Tell ya what, when you watch a young girl trying to grow up and fight obesity, starving herself, excersizing, doing everything she can to keep the weight off while being ridiculed by her peers at school because she is "fat and lazy" and see her cry, and lay in her room depressed until she can no longer take the pain and she takes her own life, then please come in here and tell me obesity is simply a problem for "fat lazy people"

Your just some guy with an opinion, and you are a large part of the stereotypical judgmental people who think fat is unhealthy and skinny is healthy...

Fat isnt the problem. Its the crap food that makes perfectly skinny people to need all kinds of medical attention because there arteries are all clogged up and their blood pressure is through the roof...

But hey its ok, because they are not fat....

And feel free to keep this going, I excersise 1 - 2 hours a day and eat 1200 Fing calories a day just to maintain, I am still 250. Have been big my entire life, and never ate mc donalds or any bs until I was nearly 20. Small farm town, ate natural local grown foods, not many snacks.
So I can argue about it all day with first hand knowledge & experience.
Watched my brother eat anything infront of him, and whatever other people didnt eat at times, he was and still is thin...

Thanks for this. People that are big, healthy and happy with themsleves...good for them. I'm a medium build guy with two string bean, athletic friends with blood work issues. On the outside, we look healthy...on the inside not so much. I abhor arrogant, egotistical people who presume you're unhealthy because you're big. It is stupid and driven from the government on down. The food pyramid is a joke. You eat 7 grain products a day and it'll lead to a heart attack. People in the know, understand it is mostly genetics that determine how we look...regardless of what we eat. There are exceptions but for the most part it is true.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

I am a coach with a personal training licence, but with your logic, it doesn't matter. I can't tell people what to do because I myself haven't lost 200 pounds. I was taught the right things to do at a young age, so therefore, I am wrong.

Maybe you should learn how to coach, train and teach versus the holier-than-thou approach. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:36 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Iowafin wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

I guess personal trainers aren't taught about genetics and the impact of glands on the metabolism and the ability of certain people to burn fat.

Not everyone can be "skinny" by dieting and exercising.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:

Out of shape??? She qualified for the Olympics and you think she's out of shape? The event she does requires that kind of build. Not only that but it requires a lot of strength, concentration, and skill. I hope she competes in the Olympics and I hope she brings home the gold for the USA!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

LOL. I started this thread to break the monotony on the site. It's been too serious lately. What is more funny that posting pictures of sisters of Jets players that have hairy legs and have more muscle mass than they do? Fits my image of a Jets gal;)

:jests:

Hey Dave, you still think I can't take this girl?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

[quote="NFLJunkie"]

I guess I don't know where or how I gave the "holier-than-thou" impression. 10acjed decided to jump out and start bashing people for telling others how to diet and exercise because he believes that in order to do say those things one must first lose the weight for his/her self.

I merely was questioning his asinine logic.

The ONLY reason I told him of my license is because he wrongly claimed I was none of the above.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

I guess personal trainers aren't taught about genetics and the impact of glands on the metabolism and the ability of certain people to burn fat.

Not everyone can be "skinny" by dieting and exercising.

I don't believe I ever suggested otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:47 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Well I am glad you actually apply your knowledge to help people.

I would have thought that with proper proffesional training you of all people would understand that obeisety, and fat & lazy are two different things...

To be perfectly honest with you I only responded to you because you responded to my post, not sure if you read it or not but this is the post that got me going.
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

And I am not "bashing" anyone, not my style.

The problem with this country is ignorant idiots who think they know everything.

Plenty of real people here. I doubt I am the only one that battles with weight. I am not lazy, nor do I eat junk food. Yet I am still "obese" in the technical term.
Therefor the post above bashed me, and said I am fat & lazy....

Seriously I could care less at this point, call people names and steriotype everyone together without first knowing facts, that will surely "turn this thing around"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

She strikes me less as an obese fat lazy girl and more as a hefty hardworking farmgirl type. She may outlive all of us if her genetics support her build. She apparently isn't too lazy if she is training for the Olympics and played sports in school. You don't fuel muscles like that with Snickers bars and Twinkies. As far as her being comfortable with herself, good for her. There is a man out there that will see beauty in her and love her. Some people just can't handle that, but there is more to life than being a super model. Good for her!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This thread is hilarious. Pretend know-it-alls from both sides.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:29 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:
Some people just can't handle that, but there is more to life than being a super model. Good for her!

Amen to that....

Rock Sexton wrote:
This thread is hilarious. Pretend know-it-alls from both sides.

Well if I was a "know it all" I would probably be toned, fit & healthy...

I just think people should understand that there are way more reasons for obesity than snickers, mc donalds and laziness....

Genetics for example can not be altered.. And the logic that skinny = healthy is flat out false.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
To be perfectly honest with you I only responded to you because you responded to my post, not sure if you read it or not but this is the post that got me going.
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

And I am not "bashing" anyone, not my style.

Well, that's AFCMiamiEast for ya. I don't agree with what he had to say, either, but to say I can't help someone lose weight because I haven't lost 200 pounds myself is questionable at best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:08 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

I just think people should understand that there are way more reasons for obesity than snickers, mc donalds and laziness....

Genetics for example can not be altered.. And the logic that skinny = healthy is flat out false.

This is where I think the trouble in this thread is....you, as well as other people, are confusing obese people and those that have some extra fat.

Being non-obese does not translate into being skinny. Obesity is grossly fat or overweight...

Obesity is absolutely a construct of American lifestyle and not genes. If a person is predisposed to being obese, if they live a healthy lifestyle they will not be obese. If it were simply a matter of genetics, you would see it spread pretty evenly across the globe (and in particular types of people). Instead, what we see, is that obesity is predominately an American phenomena that hits every race and gender.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The label obese is given by the medical community for people who do not fit within the medical communities' parameters for height to weight ratio. Yet I have seen, growing up in the midwest, woman who would be considered 'big boned' or obese as the medical community considers them, who are in fact healthy individuals who churn our kids, can work many men into the ground, and live long lives. Some people are genetically predisposed to carry more weight and still be healthy while others cannot. I think the point is you take care of yourself and live healthy, let your body decide what weight it wants to be. You don't have to flog your body and starve yourself to be healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Iowafin wrote:
This is where I think the trouble in this thread is....you, as well as other people, are confusing obese people and those that have some extra fat.

Being non-obese does not translate into being skinny. Obesity is grossly fat or overweight...

Obesity is absolutely a construct of American lifestyle and not genes. If a person is predisposed to being obese, if they live a healthy lifestyle they will not be obese. If it were simply a matter of genetics, you would see it spread pretty evenly across the globe (and in particular types of people). Instead, what we see, is that obesity is predominately an American phenomena that hits every race and gender.

As Phin pointed out obesity is simply Height + Weight..

I am not talking about people who have a few extra pounds. Sure our culture has alot to do with that problem, and I still believe its genetic. Some people just have a slower metabolism, hence the reason for this discussion, two people can have the same diet & excersize plan and have completely different result based on their body.
There are plenty of overweight people all across the globe. We have taken thousands of years of cultural inbreeding (no not brother and sister) and for the last 200 years we have been slowly mixing them all together, which changes everything anyway.
No different then if you went to Iceland, and then Japan. They look completely different from one another. Simply genetic.

You can preach all day. I agree your teachings give you the right to tell people how to loose weight, and I did thank you for that.

But sorry, you will never understand what it is like til you experience it.

This woman needs to loose 230+ pounds to fit into the ideal range... Good luck getting that done...
And to be frank I am pretty sure the reason she is happy and ok with herself has alot to do with her upbringing, and the fact that when your big brother is a varsity letter-man defensive tackle you are less likely to be picked on and ridiculed. Tends to make life difficult when a couple tons of Nick Mangold & his linemen friends want to know why you called his sister fat & lazy...

LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:

I have to laugh at the ignorance of this. First off, obese doesn't mean unhealthy. That is the point. Your statement that if they live a healthy lifestyle they wouldn't be obese is assinine .... as you eloquently put it. People metagolize food at different rates. It needs to be quantified. Healthy eating by government standards would leave the average person obese. Here's an example. My wife and I went on the same diet, same foods, same ecercise plan for two weeks. I lost almost 15 percent of my weight. My wife lost a negilgible 5lbs wich equated to about 3.5 percent. She is more overweight than I am. Now here's the wierd part, at her current weight, she can also eat more food than me without putting on anymore weight.
When I was under 25 I could eat any amount, any type of food, until I could absolutely not stuff another piece of food in me. I wouldn't gain an ounce. In high school...I literally went through an entire can of Weider weight gain....without gaining an ounce. Now...I look too long at a cheeseburger and I put on a pound.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This did give me a good laugh...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:

This did give me a good laugh...

Yeah, that is a good one...

And thanks for the other post before it. It seems somewhere around 30 our bodies begin to change, and what used to be ok is not any more.
I was 5' 9" 200lbs in the 9th grade (16) and pretty much was able to stay around 230 til I was in my late 20's.
Now I struggle to get below 250. And I really dont have the time or energy to excersise & diet more.
So, I am "obese" or as some people like to say "fat & lazy". However they generally dont say it to the face of a 5' 9" 250 pnd man unless is through a computer keyboard LOL

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next