^Back To Top
Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
2015 Dolphins Draft Picks
That is the question that is out there now. Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports thinks both Miami and Tennessee could look to trade up, Miami to get Ezekiel Elliott and the Titans to get Michigan State OLT Jack Conklin or Notre Dame OLT Ronnie Stanley. I have also have read that if OLB Myles Jack starts to drop, Miami could make the move up to grab him.
Matthew Cannata of the Phinsider.com is someone I follow very closely on Twitter along with a few others. but Matt has very good sources inside the Dolphins orginization, and he also has mentioned that Miami will look to trade up for either Myles Jack or Ezekiel Elliott if they start to fall in the draft. Cleveland is the team that is still looking to trade down from #8, and if the Dolphins were to approach the Browns about a trade up, it would require giving up their 3rd round pick. He believes if the Dolphins were to stay at #13, Houston CB William Jackson will be the pick or a possible trade down, and I agree with his thoughts.
While some will not like the thinking here, if the Dolphins were to trade up, there thinking is that they have already got 2 starters added to the team with the trade that bought them CB Bryon Maxwell and ILB/OLB Kiko Alonso. Trading up to get a Elliott or Jack would add another impact player and starter to the team. One thing to watch for also is the Dolphins possible looking to trade current players on the roster. I listened to the broadcast of the Phinsider.com radio show, which aired on 4/20, and Matthew was on the show and mentioned that the Dolphins could look to possibly look to trade OLB Jelani Jenkins or OLT Brandon Albert during this draft. Miami is high on OLB Neville Hewitt, who showed flashes during his rookie season with Miami.
These are the names to keep an eye on in the 1st round for Miami in my opinion. DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson, ILB Reggie Ragland, Alabama, DE Kevin Dodd, Clemson, RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State, CB William Jackson, Houston, CB Vernon Hargreaves, Florida, CB Mackensie Alexander, Clemson, CB Eli Apple, Ohio State, OLB Darron Lee, Ohio State, OLB Myles Jack, UCLA, OLT Jack Conklin, Michigan State, OLT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame.
Of the group mentioned above, Dodd and Ragland would be prime candidates in trade down in the 1st round. Neither Conklin nor Stanley have had visits with Miami, so I was a little hesitant to put them on the list, but I think they could be in play. I have tried to pay particular attention to who the Dolphins have bought into Davie for visits or had private workouts with or BOTH. A kid I would keep an eye on in the 3rd-4th round at ILB is B.J Goodson out of Clemson. A mid to late round pick is OT/OG Rees Odhiambo of Boise State. Miami would have seen him when they scouted RB Jay Ajayi last year, and he has been in to the Davie complex as well.
I will be putting out a final Mock Draft for Miami probably Wednesday. Right now, my pick for Miami if they were to stay at #13 is Houston CB William Jackson.
We are almost there, the 2016 NFL Draft. Can't wait.
We are now less than 2 weeks away from the 2016 NFL Draft, and we just had our 1st major trade related to the draft, as the now Los Angeles Rams traded up from #15 to #1 with the Tennessee Titans. This has sent many scrambling in regards to mock drafts. This is my 1st one for the entire NFL, so let's get started.
1) Los Angeles - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State - The Rams felt like they could not go into the season with Nick Foles, Case Keenum and Sean Mannion to start the season at QB. Michael Silver insists it's Cal QB Jared Goff, but the consensus right now is Wentz.
2) Cleveland - Jared Goff, QB, California - There is some talk that the Browns are willing to go with Robert Griffin III as the starting QB, and are open to trading down. Not sure I buy that quite yet.
3) San Diego - Laremy Tunsil, OLT, Mississippi - Phillip Rivers has taken a beating, and while the Chargers have many needs, this is one of the biggest they have, the OL.
4) Dallas - Jalen Ramsey, CB/FS, Florida State - Joey Bosa could be in play here as well, but supposely DL coach Leon Lett is not as high on Bosa as some are. Ramsey is rated the top player on the Cowboys board, and their secondary certainly needs help.
5) Jacksonville - Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA - There is some buzz that some teams were fine with the progress of Jack's knee, but that some were also concerned about his knee. If Jacksonville doctor's sign off on Jack's knee, he is the pick.
6) Baltimore - DeForest Buckner, DT/DE, Oregon - Buckner helps Ravens fill a need on the DL with the release of Chris Canty.
7) San Fransico - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State - The 49ers along with the Eagles could be teams that look to trade up to get California QB Jared Goff. If the 49ers stay put, they help their pass rush with Bosa lined up opposite Aaron Lynch.
8) Philadelphia - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State - As I mentioned with the 49ers, the Eagles could look to trade up and were heavily involved with the Titans in trade talks. If they stay put, I think Elliott is the pick, as there is talk that they may trade RB Ryan Matthews.
9) Tampa Bay - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson - Tampa Bay needs to improve their pass rush and he fits the 4-3 scheme they run.
10) New York Giants - Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia - The Giants need a ton of help on what is a very porus defense. They spend a ton of money during the off season, and they continue to add to the defense.
11) Chicago - Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida - The Bears defense was horrible last year, especially in the secondary. The Bears have a need at cornerback and take Hargreaves.
12) New Orleans - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame - There is some buzz about the Saints looking to take a QB of the future, but I don't see it being in the 1st round. Protecting Drew Brees needs to be protected, as he took a beating last year.
13) Miami - William Jackson, CB, Houston - Miami has several areas that need to be addressed, CB being one of the biggest needs. Jackson has been on a study rise on boards and some have him only behind FSU CB Jalen Ramsey. If Ezekiel Elliott get's here, I think he is the pick, and Miami could look to trade down. That said, I think Jackson is the pick, as he is a fit for what Miami is looking for in a CB, a big CB with press coverage ability. Miami could go DE here as well.
14) Oakland - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville - DT/DE Mario Edwards has a possible career ending neck injury. Rankins can come in and provide an nice, interior pass rush.
15) Tennessee - Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State - There some talk of the Titans possible looking to get back up into the top 10. If they don't, the look to protect their QB investment and take Conklin to play ORT opposite OLT Taylor Lewan.
16) Detroit - Laquan Treadwell, WR, Mississippi - The Lions have a need at DT as well, but they lost an all time great when Calvin Johnson retired, and now have a big hole at WR. Treadwell does not have Calvin's speed, but is a big bodied WR with very good hands.
17) Atlanta - Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama - The Falcons need to upgrade the LB Core, and add the best ILB in Ragland.
18) Indianapolis - Ryan Kelly, OC, Alabama - The Colts need to protect their franchise QB in Andrew Luck. They need interior help as well as help at ORT.
19) Buffalo - Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State - Nigel Bradham signed with Philadelphia and was not a good fit in Rex Ryan's defensive scheme. Lee is seen as a better fit. There has been some talk of Buffalo possibly looking at QB as well. DT could be a consideration also.
20) New York Jets - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis - The Jets almost pulled off a trade to get up to get the #1 pick in the draft, and they could be very interested in trading up to make sure they get Lynch. Denver could also be in play for Lynch.
21) Washington - Jarren Reed, DT, Alabama - The Redskins let Terrance Knighton walk and need to fill the hole. They could go linebacker as well.
22) Houston - Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor- The Texans need a threat that can stretch the field opposite emerging star DeAndre Hopkins, Either Coleman or ND WR Will Fuller will be the pick. I'm going with Coleman.
23) Minnesota - Josh Dotson, WR, TCU - Minnesota released WR Mike Vallace, and they are looking for a more complete wide receiver. Dotson has the size, good speed and would give them a nice duo with Stefon Diggs.
24) Cincinnati - Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame - The Bengals lost WR Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu during the off season. Will Fuller would be a nice receiver to add with A.J Green.
25) Pittsburgh - Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State - The Steelers have been doing a lot of evaluation of cornerbacks, like Miami. They take the Ohio State Buckeye.
26) Seattle - Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana - Seattle could go DT/DE here, but they need to try to protect QB Russell Wilson a little more than they have.
27) Green Bay - A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama - With B.J Raji retiring, the Packers could look to add a stout DT.
28) Kansas City - Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson - Kansas City lost CB Sean Smith to the Raiders in free agency, and fill his slot with Alexander.
29) New England - Forfeited pick
30) Arizona - Keanu Neal, FS, Florida - The safety spot was a sore point for the Cardinals.
31) Carolina - Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson - The Panthers add to a strong defensive front that lost DE Jared Allen to retirement and signed veteran DE Charles Johnson to only a 1 year contract.
32) Denver - Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State - Denver could be one of those teams looking to trade up to get QB Paxton Lynch of Memphis. They still could look to acquire San Francisco QB Colin Kaepernick. DE could be a consideration here as well as the Broncos lost DE Malck Jackson to Jacksonville in free agency.