Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Tua hurt out of game
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nothing new so far on Tua. More tests today to see if there is cartilage damage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
Rich wrote:
So… how would it have been doubly bad with Tua? Would we have had negative points instead of zero points??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well…the score is not the only statistic we keep in football. Tua certainly would have been sacked more if he were to stay in there and might be on IR now rather than his ribs hurting. Brissett has a better chance of survival with the horrible O line we have. Funny how when Brissett entered the game, Gesicki starts catching balls……hmmmm

Your entire argument is that Tua should be pulled in favor of a guy that can scramble more, yet not score points. Brilliant. Why not just run the wildcat every play and put a RB under center?
Seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:43 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Phinished wrote:
Well…the score is not the only statistic we keep in football.

But it's the only one that matters and Brissett put up a goose egg. Granted it was a tough situation, but I saw nothing from him that built confidence for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Well…the score is not the only statistic we keep in football.

But it's the only one that matters and Brissett put up a goose egg. Granted it was a tough situation, but I saw nothing from him that built confidence for me.

I think people are harder on Tua than anyone else because they didn't want him in the first place, and he hasn't carried this team yet. If anyone likes Brissett over Tua, they would never let Tua get away with the 3.6 ypa that Brissett had with a clean pocket or his 5.0 ypa with a pass rush. Also, we'd be hearing about that awful interception that Brissett threw if Tua had made it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:34 pm 

Brissett didn't lead the offense to any touchdowns but he passed the eye test. That is all that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If Tua throws three TDs and Miami sneaks past the Raiders, is all forgiven?

I was probably the biggest anti-Tua guy on this site and nearly quit the Dolphins over drafting him. But I'm a realist and understand that the Tua everyone wants to see is probably another season away. He can be above average this year and that is a good thing.

His three biggest concerns coming out of college were health, too much hero ball and average arm strength. The arm strength will prevent certain types of throws that we see Mahomes or Rodgers make, but you can still be an elite QB without a cannon. Last week we saw the hero ball move which could have been a back breaker. That is still fixable for a young QB. Health is the same - don't subject yourself to unnecessary hits. Yesterday was not his fault. Even Tannehill, who everyone said was an iron man, constantly played hurt from his OL's failures. Tua just needs to learn to hit the deck from time to time and stop trying to be a mobile QB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:16 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Brissett didn't lead the offense to any touchdowns but he passed the eye test. That is all that matters.

The eye test is that Brissett isn't Tua.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:12 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Seems like the coaches know he's fragile too, especially when they put JB in for a QB sneak.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:34 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
Seems like the coaches know he's fragile too, especially when they put JB in for a QB sneak.

Brissett is also a big human. Easier for him to rush for a yard and cross the marker.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Brissett is also a big human. Easier for him to rush for a yard and cross the marker.

I think Tua scored really bad on the wonderlic for a reason. The dude is not that bright. Maybe that Patriots’ defender was saying truth that Tua never gets past his first read. I also think he stupidly did not make adjustments at the line and should have been calling out the obvious blitzers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:20 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I think Tua scored really bad on the wonderlic for a reason. The dude is not that bright. Maybe that Patriots’ defender was saying truth that Tua never gets past his first read. I also think he stupidly did not make adjustments at the line and should have been calling out the obvious blitzers.

He also called the audible that saved the game for Miami in Week 1.

I'm not jumping to major conclusions because of 9 snaps. Did he miss a CB blitz? Yes. Does that happen to a lot of QBs. Yes.

The NE QB was lit up by Tua and got an interception because Tua tried to do too much. Had nothing to do with not progressing beyond a read. Also, if you watch the All-22 film you'll see one of Tua's targets is dragged down in a clear defensive holding. Tua tried to chuck it away but was being pulled down. In hindsight he should have taken the sack but he had the right idea by throwing it away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Or Brissett is a larger man and can move a pile better. Not sure if that is why, but I'm just sayin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:18 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:

Marino scored a 16. He must have sucked as a Qb. Mahomes scored a 24. He must suck as a Qb.

Just admit your hate. Its easier instead of making BS reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I was probably the biggest anti-Tua guy on this site and nearly quit the Dolphins over drafting him.

You weren’t playing around. The rest of your post sounds just like the mentality I have but it’s slightly a cope because I want to think I may have something to look forward to

:haha

I’m also not the type to byotch about it either at the same time, hopefully he finds a niche offense suited uniquely for him otherwise he’s still kinda DOA status to me. He needs a certain kinda team to win and if Davie can’t outfit him the right way then the whole project was always toast.

Phinished wrote:
think Tua scored really bad on the wonderlic for a reason. The dude is not that bright. Maybe that Patriots’ defender was saying truth that Tua never gets past his first read.

I sincerely hope not, that would suck

jammer wrote:
He also called the audible that saved the game for Miami in Week 1.

I'm not jumping to major conclusions because of 9 snaps. Did he miss a CB blitz? Yes. Does that happen to a lot of QBs. Yes.

The NE QB was lit up by Tua and got an interception because Tua tried to do too much. Had nothing to do with not progressing beyond a read. Also, if you watch the All-22 film you'll see one of Tua's targets is dragged down in a clear defensive holding. Tua tried to chuck it away but was being pulled down. In hindsight he should have taken the sack but he had the right idea by throwing it away.

I know you went through a lot of mental therapy to be talking about Tua in such a neutral tone glad you got over it bro, I wasn’t very happy either

:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:45 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That’s my point gentlemen. Tua is too small. Jammer I’m with you regarding Drafting Tua. I want him to succeed though and I do not see it happening.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
That’s my point gentlemen. Tua is too small. Jammer I’m with you regarding Drafting Tua. I want him to succeed though and I do not see it happening.
Small means unsuccessful in the NFL. Tyrek Hill said so and Brees confirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

I disagree that he is too small succeed. He doesn't have the size, arm strength or legs to mask young QB shortcomings. It may take another season or two for him to be the cerebral QB who can shine.

Not for nothing but Josh Allen had 5 TDs and 6 Ints when he was 4 games into his sophomore season. You know what else he had? 3rd best defense in the NFL and the 10th best rushing attack in the NFL.

Miami's lead back has 14 total carries in two games and we've been complaining nonstop about how bad our OL is outside of Eichenberg and Dieter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This all seems familiar to the endless Tannehill debates we had for years. Miami never had much of an oline to protect him and not much of a solid running game either. The result was that we never knew if he was the problem or the rest of the team. Then he leaves and finds decent success in Tennessee, and we are now having the same debates over a new QB. It’s groundhogs day folks. The main difference is that we should know better now, but some of us still don’t.

Fix the freaking line and add a running game!!!! The QB problem will suddenly fix itself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Or Brissett is a larger man and can move a pile better. Not sure if that is why, but I'm just sayin.

If it's Tua then it's a negative, to fragile, couldn't be anything cause you know, Tua.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:29 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phin wrote:
This all seems familiar to the endless Tannehill debates we had for years. Miami never had much of an oline to protect him and not much of a solid running game either. The result was that we never knew if he was the problem or the rest of the team. Then he leaves and finds decent success in Tennessee, and we are now having the same debates over a new QB. It’s groundhogs day folks. The main difference is that we should know better now, but some of us still don’t.

Fix the freaking line and add a running game!!!! The QB problem will suddenly fix itself.

Bingo. Stop drafting project OL guys and shifty RBs.

Find OL guys who started for multiple seasons and pushed the DL around. Find a RB who can hit the pile and push forward for that extra 2 yards.

If Miami's ground game is back to screen passes then we will relive the later Gase years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Tua does need to call out a blitz, because his backs didn't notice them either. He'll learn that this week in the film room.

Anyways, there is this ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Small means unsuccessful in the NFL. Tyrek Hill said so and Brees confirmed.

Of course these are exceptions to the rule. Maybe Tua will be too, I doubt it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:05 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Raiders by 4? I'm taking the Raiders, mind as well make some money to soften the blow of getting beat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
Raiders by 4? I'm taking the Raiders, mind as well make some money to soften the blow of getting beat.

What? Fat chance, Anthony. We beat them last year the week before getting our butts handed to us by the Bills. We are working backwards, my friend.

:))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That will work too my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

Carr is dinged up and Mariota is out. Miami will either face a limited Carr or Nathan Peterman. I think that is factoring into the odds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IIRC Miami has beaten the Raiders with more ruthlessness and wins against than any other franchise since like 2008

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2