Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
 Post subject: Re: Name That Dolphin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:06 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I was a nasty guy with a high motor on the Dolphins defense. Unfortunately I had to take a year off from football and serve time in the slammer. The Dolphins cut me after I got arrested, and after that year, I played three more years for another team.

Thankfully, that year in jail served me well and I learned that I'd better straighten myself out. I did, and after football, I went on to have a son who would also play for the Dolphins.

Who am I?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:07 pm 

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I was a nasty guy with a high motor on the Dolphins defense. Unfortunately I had to take a year off from football and serve time in the slammer. The Dolphins cut me after I got arrested, and after that year, I played three more years for another team.

Thankfully, that year in jail served me well and I learned that I'd better straighten myself out. I did, and after football, I went on to have a son who would also play for the Dolphins.

Who am I?

I could be way off base, but the last name Crowder comes to mind. Randy? He goes back aways!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:10 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:
prof123 wrote:
I was the last of three running backs drafted in Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Dolphins, out of East Carolina. I was really fast, and I caught a few passes, but I had fumbling problems and never lived up to my preseason hype. I was gone after two years and a few hundred yards from scrimmage. (Note: The first running back chosen played four years and is the 7th leading rusher in Dolphin history.)

Jerris Mcphail. How I wanted JJ to hit gold with him. The guy could fly.

Yep, it was Jerris. We all had high hopes, but he just didn't have the right instincts. Karim Abdul Jabbar got the carries instead, and he made the most of his abilities.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:31 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

prof123 wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Who am I?

I could be way off base, but the last name Crowder comes to mind. Randy? He goes back aways!

You got it!!! For the bonus, name his son.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:53 pm 

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Who am I?

Hmmm ... can't quite place the first name, but he played LB too, right? About 15 years ago or so?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:57 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

prof123 wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Who am I?

Hmmm ... can't quite place the first name, but he played LB too, right? About 15 years ago or so?

More like ten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:37 pm 

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:

More like ten

The guy I'm thinking was drafted during the Saban years, had a good rookie season. But that was a lot more than ten years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Channing Crowder played from 2005 to 2010.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Tenshot13 wrote:

So 12. Right in the middle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:14 pm 

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Tenshot13 wrote:

LMAO! So he played between 12 and 17 years ago? I'd say my estimate of 15 years was "right in the middle." :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:21 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

prof123 wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Tenshot13 wrote:

LMAO! So he played between 12 and 17 years ago? I'd say my estimate of 15 years was "right i
n the middle." :)

You said 15 years ago. I said 10. It was 12

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3