All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Just some WR rumors of the top 4 receivers which will all be selected in the first round. I'm starting to like Ja'Marr Chase more and more as I read about he and DeVonta Smith. I'd be happy with either, but I like Chase's size more. There are rumors that if the Bengals address their OL in free agency then they may draft Chase themselves.

Bleacher Report wrote:
Most mock drafts list LSU's Ja'Marr Chase along with Alabama wideouts DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle as the top three receivers selected in April.

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline has intel that breaks up the thought of a consensus big three at the position.

"It's pretty much Chase then Smith," Pauline wrote. "However, a lot of teams like Rondale Moore of Purdue ahead of Waddle and justifiably so. He (Moore) is more of a natural receiver compared to Waddle."

Both Waddle and Moore had abbreviated 2020 seasons.

In October, Waddle fractured his ankle, though he did return for the College Football Playoff National Championship against Ohio State, catching three passes for 34 yards. In his first four games, he recorded 557 yards and four touchdowns.

Initially, Moore opted out of the 2020 campaign, but he changed his mind in September. However, a lower-body injury kept him out of action for most of the fall. The Purdue product recorded 35 receptions for 270 yards in three games.

Averaging 18.9 yards per reception as a collegian, Waddle earned the big-play receiver label, whereas Moore averaged 10.8 yards per catch.

On the flip side, Moore has been a high-volume receiver. He hauled in 114 passes as a true freshman while Waddle had 106 catches through three terms.

Moore's injury history could hurt him. In 2019, he only played four games because of a hamstring issue. Waddle has a bigger body of work at a more prestigious program, which will probably propel him over Moore in the final draft order.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/293 ... uzz-rumors

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]