All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Those wondering about my loony talk re: Watson to Miami, here’s a wholly independent, some may think, trustworthy source. Ah, what the heck! It’s exactly what I’ve been saying as I fight my way out of the board shackles. I don’t agree that such a deal would be made before this draft, no, Miami knows the Watson legal thing is hanging up any move this year, but next year? Yep, it’s in play.

And Tua you say? Well, the kid is gonna have to do a lot of NFL-growing up in ’21 to make anyone forget Watson even exists.

[quote]That means that if Miami wanted Watson despite the legal issues, it could still offer as many as five first-round picks over the next three years for him, then offload Tagovailoa to another team for whatever it could get. Sure, the No. 3 overall pick isn’t there, but Texans general manager Nick Caserio just came from an organization that was nothing but consistent when it came to trading back and turning one pick into two or three. It’s well within the realm of possibility that Dolphins head coach Brian Flores — who knows Caserio from their time working together inside the New England Patriots' personnel department — has a grasp on Caserio’s mindset. If Caserio sees five first-round picks, he might equate that to something he could trade back and turn into 20 selections over a multiyear span. As difficult as it is to lose Watson, ultimately turning him into 20 picks would at least be an attempt to make the best of a bad situation.[/quote]

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-deshaun-wat ... 01692.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:27 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Since you insist on saying this over and over, I’ll keep saying, I’m glad people like you aren’t the GM.

5 first round picks? 5? As in... 5....?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:33 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

carreramia wrote:
Those wondering about my loony talk re: Watson to Miami, here’s a wholly independent, some may think, trustworthy source. Ah, what the heck! It’s exactly what I’ve been saying as I fight my way out of the board shackles. I don’t agree that such a deal would be made before this draft, no, Miami knows the Watson legal thing is hanging up any move this year, but next year? Yep, it’s in play.

And Tua you say? Well, the kid is gonna have to do a lot of NFL-growing up in ’21 to make anyone forget Watson even exists.

It seems to me that if this was at all in their thinking, they never would have given up one of those first round picks in 2022 to move up from #12 to #6.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

prof123 wrote:
It seems to me that if this was at all in their thinking, they never would have given up one of those first round picks in 2022 to move up from #12 to #6.

Exactly. They just traded away a key piece to make the deal next year.

I nearly gave up on the team over the Tua pick a year ago because I hated how the brass engineered the whole thing. I'm willing to see if this kid can do it in '21.

Watson may never play football again if even 1 of these 20 lawsuits proves legit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's all looney. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty" but there are A LOT of women coming forward here.

Houston.com wrote:
Rusty Hardin, Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson’s attorney, has confirmed that the athlete been sued by four more women bringing the total number of lawsuits to 20.

Attorney Tony Buzbee first posted about the four additional lawsuits Friday evening on Instagram. However, as of Saturday evening, they have not yet appeared on the district clerk’s website.

The civil suits we’ve been able to examine allege that Watson engaged in lewd behavior with women he hired for massages, exposing himself to them, moving his body in ways that forced them to touch his penis, and coercing them to touch him in a sexual manner.

The incidents cited in the suits are said to have occurred between March 2020 and March 2021.

Most of the incidents are said to have occurred in Texas, but two incidents are said to have occurred in Georgia and in California.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... rney-says/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:12 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:

Well, there you have it. “It seems to you....”. Clearly if Watson is available at any point past this draft, one his price will go down, and two, the most likely scenario, those remaining three first rounders and more if necessary would send Houston’s head spinning like Linda Blair’s. Nothing Miami did now and in this draft negates what may still happen, and it’s possible Miami can turn some of these picks, likely failure that they are under Grier, into more picks.

All you out there in denial just don’t get it. That’s the ticket to real contention for this team, but I keep reading that playing draftnik is a preferred route. Really? Go to drafthistory.com, punch up “Dolphins” and see what you find.

The article gives another view of what I’ve been saying. They are stocked up and even if Watson’s complications, all civil in nature at this point, become real? Money buys the pass “Go” card.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:15 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

Well, there you have it. “It seems to you....”. Clearly if Watson is available at any point past this draft, one his price will go down, and two, the most likely scenario, those remaining three first rounders and more if necessary would send Houston’s head spinning like Linda Blair’s. Nothing Miami did now and in this draft negates what may still happen, and it’s possible Miami can turn some of these picks, likely failure that they are under Grier, into more picks.

All you out there in denial just don’t get it. That’s the ticket to real contention for this team, but I keep reading that playing draftnik is a preferred route. Really? Go to drafthistory.com, punch up “Dolphins” and see what you find.

The article gives another view of what I’ve been saying. They are stocked up and even if Watson’s complications, all civil in nature at this point, become real? Money buys the pass “Go” card.

I chose those words because I was trying to be polite. Let me say what I was really thinking:
"There is no way in hell that if they were maneuvering to get Watson that they would have traded away a first round pick in 2022."

As you noted in another post, what you want or what I want is irrelevant. I'm just interpreting their actions. That trade up to #6 screams two things: 1) They are all in on Tua and 2) There are at least two WRs they targeted for that spot and they did this to get the same player at 6 that they would have taken at 3 (picking up extra draft ammo and saving on salary cap as well). You don't have to like it, but that is what is going on.

I'm not interested in Watson. Not one bit. If Grier and Company wanted to move on from Tua, then they should have stayed at #3 and drafted Wilson or Fields.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Mark my words, Watson will never be in a Dolphin Jersey while Flores or Grier are running things. You can forget it. No Chance. And to be honest, why would we want his Circus to come to town anyway. The team doesn’t need anymore distractions than already comes with being on an NFL team.

I am ready for a season that involves growth and a team coming together as a TEAM. The draft is upon us. Let’s look towards it and hoping we can address the needs this team has and hopefully hitting on a few positions.

I see us taking a step forward. How much forward depends on injuries and chemistry like it does every year for every team. It’s that simple.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
Since you insist on saying this over and over, I’ll keep saying, I’m glad people like you aren’t the GM.

5 first round picks? 5? As in... 5....?

I counted 5 fingers on my hand.

That’s a real handful of 1st round picks.

jammer wrote:
Watson may never play football again if even 1 of these 20 lawsuits proves legit.

He’ll inspire the 3rd remake of the Longest Yard and make plenty of money for massages. Hell he may even get paid to reenact one during the movie set.

Houston.com wrote:
Rusty Hardin, Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson’s attorney,

Rusty Hardin the NFL lawyer...god bless the state of Texas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rusty Hardin the NFL lawyer...god bless the state of Texas.

The guy who swore he would clear Roger Clemens' name is who Watson is banking on?

Maybe he should give Roger a call to see what his Hall of Fame bust looks like. Oh wait...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:

I chose those words because I was trying to be polite.

I'm not interested in Watson. Not one bit. If Grier and Company wanted to move on from Tua, then they should have stayed at #3 and drafted Wilson or Fields.

That was very nice of you but not necessary....you can try to be nasty but you just ain’t...anyway, you obviously misread, ignored whatever a lot of what I said but it doesn’t matter, because when I read that last part? It hit me, as it is totally consistent with your long established, tragically inadequate preferences for QBs....re: #9.

And I have to ask: what’s the point of all those heavily researched, studied, analyzed, mocked draft preferences you want for Miami when all you have is Ralph Kramden driving the bus?

Last edited by carreramia on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
If Caserio sees five first-round picks, he might equate that to something he could trade back and turn into 20 selections over a multiyear span. As difficult as it is to lose Watson, ultimately turning him into 20 picks would at least be an attempt to make the best of a bad situation.[/quote]

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-deshaun-wat ... 01692.html

Sarcasm alert

Or....or.... and call me crazy here, but maybe, just maybe, the Dolphins could KEEP those five first rounders, and get this..... turn those into 20 selections! Wow! I mean, just......wow! We could rebuild through the draft, ourselves! Yikes! I know that’s out there and all, but just imagine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:05 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

I chose those words because I was trying to be polite.

That was very nice of you but not necessary....you can try to be nasty but you just ain’t...anyway, you obviously misread, ignored whatever a lot of what I said but it doesn’t matter, because when I read that last part? It hit me, as it is totally consistent with your long established, tragically inadequate preferences for QBs....re: #9.

And I have to ask: what’s the point of all those heavily researched, studied, analyzed, mocked draft preferences you want for Miami when all you have is Ralph Kramden driving the bus?

Oh no you don't! You wanting to sell the entire farm to get Watson sounds exactly like a get-rich-quick scheme of Kramden's! Your memory is quite selective regarding QBs. Shall we bring Ivan into this and talk about Tannehill? Yeah, I liked #9 because of his grit, but I had no illusions he was a franchise QB. Chet/Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, John Beck, and others ... they never interested me. It wasn't until Tannehill that I thought we had found someone who could have been a long-term answer. He just ended up having more coaches than pairs of underwear and was always running for his life. We gave up on him too early, when we should have fixing our line with someone other than Jonathan Martin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Maybe he should give Roger a call to see what his Hall of Fame bust looks like. Oh wait...

It’s busty alright...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:34 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
You wanting to sell the entire farm to get Watson? .... Tannehill....

No, that’s not entirely accurate, I would keep the punter.

And Tannehill? He had to go so that he could fulfill his outstanding QB reportoire that we all knew he had.....he never was gonna do that depending on Laurel and Hardy up in this front office.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'll tell you what, Watson is in some deep crap right now. He'd better have the A Team of lawyers fighting for him. Knowing how slow the justice system is, IF he is innocent, will this go away even a year from now? Some of you may want to turn your focus on to Russell Wilson for 2022 if you are convinced that Tua isn't the guy.

Albert Brier (MMQB) wrote:
2. I think this summary, by Kalyn Kahler of The Defector, of the lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson, illustrates why we both need to take this story very seriously, and we need to not make judgments till both sides of the story are told in full. This is some very weighty evidence, as Kahler writes:

'In seven of the lawsuits, the women allege that prior to arriving for his appointment, Watson asked them if anyone else would be there at the location or asked if the location was private (these appointments happened in a spa, plaintiff’s office suite, or the plaintiff’s house, one was an unspecified Houston location) to make sure he would be alone with the woman. In another lawsuit, the woman alleges that Watson told her that he “liked his business confidential.” And in another, the woman alleges her boss told her that “the client liked his privacy.” In another lawsuit, the woman says that she went to a Los Angeles house where Watson was staying, where Watson led her to a room, then shut and locked the door behind him. “At this point, Plaintiff got out her mace,” the lawsuit says. “Watson saw the mace and chuckled but didn’t say anything.”'

Reading this piece—summarizing the legal actions in each case—it’s difficult to think this is a frame job. As I said last week, the significance of this story for football reasons only is that no team can trade for Watson now, or until these allegations are either proven false or until the cases are settled, dismissed or withdrawn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:39 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I've heard/read that at least one incident, an Atlanta one I think, happened AFTER Buzbee contacted Watson's agent to let him know he was filing multiple lawsuits, but still before anything became public.

That's serial-level stuff if true.

My guess....he's on the Commissioner's Exemption List for the 2021 season by the draft.

My second guess...(longer odds) Watson has played his last game in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jgod1 wrote:
I've heard/read that at least one incident, an Atlanta one I think, happened AFTER Buzbee contacted Watson's agent to let him know he was filing multiple lawsuits, but still before anything became public.

What a dickhead.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jgod1 wrote:

My guess....he's on the Commissioner's Exemption List for the 2021 season by the draft.

My second guess...(longer odds) Watson has played his last game in the NFL.

Wow, if true he has a real problem and that would also indicate he is unable to stop himself. Sounds like a sex addiction there.
While I believe in ‘innocent until proven guilty,’ my money is on him never seeing the field again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]