All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:54 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

A couple days old story.....However, What would be your reaction to the Dolphins taking Koramoah with the 18th pick?

Quote:
If the Dolphins draft Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah of Notre Dame with the 18th overall pick, they'd be adding an outside linebacker, inside linebacker, slot corner and box safety.

Yes, the team drafting Owusu-Koramoah could fill any or all of those roles with one player, in any game. The man they call "JOK" is the ultimate weapon.

"That kind of duality I think is what NFL teams are looking for as the league progresses to more of a pass league," Owusu-Koramoah said.

Owusu-Koramoah is 6-foot-1, 221 pounds, which is not very big for a linebacker. But he is an incredible athlete, one of the most intriguing and explosive in the draft.

More here: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 160641002/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:23 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The Hen wrote:
A couple days old story.....However, What would be your reaction to the Dolphins taking Koramoah with the 18th pick?

Quote:
If the Dolphins draft Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah of Notre Dame with the 18th overall pick, they'd be adding an outside linebacker, inside linebacker, slot corner and box safety.

Yes, the team drafting Owusu-Koramoah could fill any or all of those roles with one player, in any game. The man they call "JOK" is the ultimate weapon.

"That kind of duality I think is what NFL teams are looking for as the league progresses to more of a pass league," Owusu-Koramoah said.

Owusu-Koramoah is 6-foot-1, 221 pounds, which is not very big for a linebacker. But he is an incredible athlete, one of the most intriguing and explosive in the draft.

More here: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 160641002/

If Parsons and Harris are both gone, I'd be for it. I think versatile defenders are needed in the modern NFL to counter versatile QBs and TEs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:08 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Its not the end of the world but what is the grand plan?

Miami is clearly grooming Needham at slot, and just signed Coleman for depth. They traded for McKinney, signed a bunch of depth LBs and probably extend Baker (maybe Van Ginkel if he keeps improving). They have Rowe, McCain (who also can play slot) and Jones at safety.

There are some good coverage LB options for Day 2 or 3 so I don't know why you need another jack of all trades at 18.

Miami stunk at running the ball, blocking, stopping the run and getting open beyond 5 yards (unless you count 50/50 passes). Address those areas.

If Owusu-Koramoah was a premiere, top 10 prospect I'd say go nuts and get him. Of course now that I type that he'll probably have an HOF career.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]