Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: #50 pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:38 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I know we have several positions we will be considering for our second pick in the second round, but I'd like to see us grab Wyatt Davis if he is available. If our first three picks are pass catcher, Edge, and RB, in some order, then we could go OL at #50.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2021/04/w ... mpact.html

Post subject: Re: #50 pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

We're on the same page. I've been thinking Meinerz at #50.

I'm also hoping we trade back from #18 with NO or someone, and pick up extra Day 2-3 picks.

Check out Aaron Banks, G, Notre Dame. Reminds me of Michael Owenu who the Patriots picked last year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:08 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Why don’t we just trade all our picks for more picks? After all, high picks must not have any value, right? I swear, every year the draft talk sounds like a game of Madden.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:18 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I dont want the phins to trade down from their first pick but with the 2nd pick 1st round pick I would like them to target the C Creed Humphrey and I think he can be picked up later in the 1st round so if trading down a few places and picking up some more draft ammo is an option then I would try to take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phinished wrote:
Why don’t we just trade all our picks for more picks? After all, high picks must not have any value, right? I swear, every year the draft talk sounds like a game of Madden.

I know you are just trying to be facetious to make a point. My counter is that trading down isn't always good. It has to do with tiers. If players are 6-10 are all equivalent, then I don't mind trading down from 6 to 10 if gets me other picks. However, if moving from 10 to 11 moves us to a different tier, then it is a bad idea. In this draft, there is only one player in Tier 1, so they are not trading down. The Dolphins must think spots 3 and 6 are in the same tier. Depending on who is available at 18, we may be at a tier where dropping a few spots doesn't affect the caliber of the player we get.

Trading all seven of our picks for 18,000 seventh round picks over the next 6000 years would violate the tier principle!

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]