All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:36 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I actually hate comparisons like this, but it's all part of the evaluation process.

Dolphins Wire (USA Today) wrote:
2. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida -- Darren Waller
Darren Waller is a name that comes up often in the Pitts conversation, and I understand that. Deep down I think Pitts is one of those prospects that merits a comparison to himself, a unicorn. He is Kyle Pitts, the most dangerous weapon in this offensive class. — MS

4. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon -- Trent Williams
I’ve seen comps of Sewell to Johnathan Ogden, and I’m always reluctant to compare draft prospects to Hall of Fame talents unless the talent forces me to (such as when I had the unmitigated gall to compare Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh to Joe Greene). Sewell isn’t quite the malevolent finisher Ogden was, but he has a combination of athleticism and aggression that brings fellow Hall-of-Famer Orlando Pace to mind. That said, with the aforementioned reluctance to compare any draft prospect to an NFL all-timer, I’ll say that Sewell’s movement skills and desire to physically embarrass defenders remind me a great deal of Trent Williams. Draft him, put him on the left outside of your offensive line, and check off one less thing to worry about for the next five years. — DF

5. Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU -- Anquan Boldin
A common comparison for Chase is Anquan Boldin, given how strong both players were off the line and at the catch point. PFF also used the Justin Blackmon comparison, which is accurate for where both players were coming out of college. — MS

8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama -- Justin Jefferson
Sometimes when coming up with comparisons I try and step outside the traditional “size/athletic profile” realm and try and get into the player’s scheme and usage. That led me to Justin Jefferson for Jaylen Waddle. While many look at Waddle and see Tyreek Hill — a comparison not without merit — I look at Waddle’s ability to operate on the over/crossing route and think of Jefferson. That was a route that the former LSU receiver ran to perfection and Waddle, whether against zone or man, did the same last season with his acceleration and pace. — MS

10. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama -- Marvin Harrison
Comparing prospects to one of the league’s best at a position is often a fool’s errand, but the DeVonta Smith/Marvin Harrison comparison fits for a few reasons. Sure there is a frame/size angle, but both are silky-smooth route runners with great feel for leverage and “full body route running.” — MS

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/list ... mac-jones/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I compare Smith to Robert Woods....and Woods is an awesome player.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]