All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:36 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He's a nice additition to the defense. Hopefully he can regain his form after coming back from last year's shoulder injury. At 28 he should be in his prime.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Dolphins see potential for more from a player who was second-team All Pro in 2016 and a Pro Bowler in 2018 — two honors never achieved by Shaq Lawson, for whom McKinney was traded.

I’ve watched him and scouted him for a long time,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores said of McKinney. “He’s big, fast, physical, really good in the run game. I think he’s a good pass rusher. Versatile on the ball, off the ball and smart. And my conversations with him already have been about how much do we think he can do. I think he can handle a lot, so I think we’ll see him in a lot of different roles on the line of scrimmage, off the line of scrimmage, on the edge, blitzing. And hopefully we get him in here and get him going with our terminology, our verbiage, get him in with his teammates.

“It’s one thing for one person to do it, but he’s obviously going to be working with several other teammates and we’ve just got to get him going along with the rest of the group.”

That’s interesting, because McKinney hasn’t been used a ton as an edge player during his six years playing for the Texans.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]