All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:30 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm not sure what I hate more, a stagnant offense (think the Chad Henne offenses we endured) or a porous defense. I think a porous defense takes the fun out of the game, so, I'll put my hat in that category. Flores has done an outstanding job with this defense and his choice of Josh Boyer has been a very good move.

PFF wrote:
1. Brandon Staley, Los Angeles Chargers
2. Don Martindale, Baltimore Ravens
3. Keith Butler, Pittsburgh Steelers

4. Josh Boyer, Miami Dolphins
In just the second season of the Dolphins' rebuild, and Boyer’s first as their defensive coordinator, they fielded one of the league’s best defenses, allowing them to win double-digit games for just the second time in over a decade. The Dolphins, ranking just 14th in pass-rushing grade, were able to secure a league-leading 18 interceptions, led by Xavien Howard’s 10. Emmanuel Ogbah, who has long been a bust in the NFL since being drafted No. 32 overall in 2016, produced nine sacks himself. While a bit noisy, the Dolphins' 2020 performance has a decent chance of carrying forward due to the front office's continued effort to secure draft capital — one piece of which turned into Jaelan Phillips in April, the draft’s best edge defender.

5. Todd Bowles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-be ... 021-season

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]