All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Did your head explode posting that? Full irony in a tin can.

:) :) :)

You’ve never not had a giant bug up your a$$ over the most trivial opinions on here for years which everyone would attest to so I made fun of you for it and you go on an all out chip and dales inspired rant in response? That was the saddest post I’ve ever read on here even though I only caught a glimpse of your weirdo bull**** and I’m not one for hyperbole.

You may be the result of 50 years living in a single mother household. Funny thing is if we had some PF get together at a game and you showed up, I’d have no problem drinking with you but I’m gonna guess you’d probably be pretty uncomfortable hahaha

DO NOT talk about soap around THAT guy. And don’t ever preface the word “boy” before going on some weird bizzarro gay club rant. You clearly are what I thought you were and unfortunately looks like I’ve brought to the surface some past traumas you’ve experienced. I got your message loud and clear, disengage.

Gross. Nobody wants time in that headspace. Sorry guys.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:47 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast:

Have some respect for Dave's request

Last edited by Dphins4me on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:
“….. But the Alabama product also completed four passes over 20 yards -- one more than Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and tied for 10th-most in the NFL in Week 1.”
Need clarification. 20 yd passes or 20 yds with YAC?

Also saw a stat yesterday that Tua was something like 25% aggressive rate with his throws ( which was 4th highest ) and Jones was 10%. If I can find it again tonight I will see if I can share it.

I'm not knocking Jones. I just know what I saw. Did see some quality throws and think he will be a fine QB in the BB system.

Read it and weep…..

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-gam ... atriots-16

Mac Jones passing by depth
Target Depth
9 yards or less 22
10-19 downfield 4
20+ downfield 3

Tua Tagovailoa passing by depth
Target Depth
9 yards or less 13
10-19 downfield 1
20+ downfield 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:18 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

So in the earlier post you said that Mac completed 4 passes of over 20 yards.
In the next post you said that he attempted 3 passes of 20+ yards.

So, YAC is obviously a factor in the first, right? What should I be weeping about right now?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:28 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

k-dash wrote:
What should I be weeping about right now?

We did not pass the eye test when we won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:47 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Seems to me that if you are wanting longer throws down the field that you need longer in the pocket for the receiver to get down the field. Additionally your receivers need to gain separation. Tua has his flaws and needs to develop, but these apples to oranges comparisons are just silly. Jones clearly had better protection and superior coaching. His receivers also were able to get wide open against our linebackers. So all things being equal, this isn’t equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
So in the earlier post you said that Mac completed 4 passes of over 20 yards.
In the next post you said that he attempted 3 passes of 20+ yards.

So, YAC is obviously a factor in the first, right? What should I be weeping about right now?

Nope….those stats I just posted are the depth of the target for the passes made by the respective QB’s. Check the link. Tua completed three passes where the target was 10 or more yards downfield. Jones completed 7 passes where the target was 10 or more yards downfield. Nothing in those numbers has anything to do with YAC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:36 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-gam ... atriots-16

Mac Jones passing by depth
Target Depth
9 yards or less 22
10-19 downfield 4
20+ downfield 3

Tua Tagovailoa passing by depth
Target Depth
9 yards or less 13
10-19 downfield 1
20+ downfield 2

Little confused with those stats provide. Jones threw 39 passes, but on the link it only shows 36. Plus it shows him throwing for 309 yds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:22 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Looks like the major problems that some of us said were critical problems present in the first game that would mean devastation for the whole season were 100% fact. Buffalo spent the whole week watching these weaknesses on film and fully capitalized on it. Miami still has discipline issues and extremely fundamental shortcomings.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
What I can't stand is this sorry organization, hiring sorry coaches, and making sorry player decisions, and then having the gall to go on the road and win a division game. What a sorry thing to do.

They showed you who they really are at home though, didn’t they? On paper, they should beat NE and they did, barely, thanks to a miracle play by X and company. When they played a playoff caliber team, the offense looks just as bad as many of us thought it would. Next week, we face a Raiders team that just beat a Steelers squad that humbled the team that just kicked the Phins a$$. It should be a strong indicator of whether or not this is a team is playoff caliber….but you all really already know the answer, don’t ya?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
Looks like the major problems that some of us said were critical problems present in the first game that would mean devastation for the whole season were 100% fact. Buffalo spent the whole week watching these weaknesses on film and fully capitalized on it. Miami still has discipline issues and extremely fundamental shortcomings.

Oh wow…someone who honestly assesses a situation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:24 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
What I can't stand is this sorry organization, hiring sorry coaches, and making sorry player decisions, and then having the gall to go on the road and win a division game. What a sorry thing to do.

They showed you who they really are at home though, didn’t they? On paper, they should beat NE and they did, barely, thanks to a miracle play by X and company. When they played a playoff caliber team, the offense looks just as bad as many of us thought it would. Next week, we face a Raiders team that just beat a Steelers squad that humbled the team that just kicked the Phins a$$. It should be a strong indicator of whether or not this is a team is playoff caliber….but you all really already know the answer, don’t ya?

I don't take a whole season from one game.

The Phin s imploded at all levels imo. They did not look good. How many teams do well when the starting qb is knocked out of the game early in the 1st quarter but that does not dismiss the rest of the team's bad play including the coaching.

On paper the Patriots should have won as most people picked including phin s fans.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AQNOR wrote:

Tennessee got killed at home last week and then turned around and beat Seattle today.
Buccs lost to the Saints 35-3 last year.

Let’s see how they respond next week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

1984phins wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Tennessee got killed at home last week and then turned around and beat Seattle today.
Buccs lost to the Saints 35-3 last year.

Let’s see how they respond next week.

I agree with this, but Miami needs to make major adjustments on the OL. Tennessee has the OL and running game to rebound.

We're asking Tua in Year 2 to be Drew Brees in Year 5 to make up for OL deficiencies. That just isn't going to happen. Back to the Tennessee example, look at how Tannehill transformed his game behind a good OL and running help.

Eichenberg-Jackson-Dieter-Davis/Kindley-Hunt. That is how the OL should look next week.

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2