Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ravens/Chiefs...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:26 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

A change of topics here, we can only pound the Fins stuff so much today with fifteen games left.

Another great prime time game, if anyone saw the entire game last night they were treated to some great NFL football....and John Harbough's daring call at the end on 4th down was something that not too many coaches would do.

A see saw battle, daring QB play on both sides, Jackson a cut of a different mold by today's standards, so gifted....excellent skill position players, how does Kelse get so wide open game after game...and Mark Andrews, the other TE, a key dominating block on 4th and goal to spring his QB for a TD.

If anyone saw it to the end I would love to hear other views.

Post subject: Re: Ravens/Chiefs...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
A change of topics here, we can only pound the Fins stuff so much today with fifteen games left.

Another great prime time game, if anyone saw the entire game last night they were treated to some great NFL football....and John Harbough's daring call at the end on 4th down was something that not too many coaches would do.

A see saw battle, daring QB play on both sides, Jackson a cut of a different mold by today's standards, so gifted....excellent skill position players, how does Kelse get so wide open game after game...and Mark Andrews, the other TE, a key dominating block on 4th and goal to spring his QB for a TD.

You're a true football fan, carreramia. I watched a little of it, but my wife hates football so I pick and choose my games. She never complains if I watch them, but I enjoy spending time with her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:33 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
carreramia wrote:

You're a true football fan, carreramia. I watched a little of it, but my wife hates football so I pick and choose my games. She never complains if I watch them, but I enjoy spending time with her.

the wife here was long in bed and asleep, so I get away with this from time to time....in any event, the whole NFL thing was part of our vows (J/K!) since when we met I was already a die hard...we had season tix from '71 (when we were basically broke) up through the Wanstach "regime"....she had a liking for Jim Kiick back in the day, and I surprised her by going to a fund raiser that Kiick and Csonka were sponsoring, took a picture of them together, and I threatened her that starting then I had evidence.....

:haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:10 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

carreramia wrote:

I watched the entire game. This, after watching Herbert play again earlier in the day. I remember thinking time and time again that I saw plays by the QBs (Herbert, Jackson, and Mahomes) that we simply have not seen and won't see for some time from a Miami QB. Herbert has a special arm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

I watched the entire game. This, after watching Herbert play again earlier in the day. I remember thinking time and time again that I saw plays by the QBs (Herbert, Jackson, and Mahomes) that we simply have not seen and won't see for some time from a Miami QB. Herbert has a special arm.

And you can add Mac Jones twice a year. Reminders will be plentiful and for a long time, more so knowing that Ross no way fires two minority hires.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
the wife here was long in bed and asleep, so I get away with this from time to time....in any event, the whole NFL thing was part of our vows (J/K!) since when we met I was already a die hard...we had season tix from '71 (when we were basically broke) up through the Wanstach "regime"....she had a liking for Jim Kiick back in the day, and I surprised her by going to a fund raiser that Kiick and Csonka were sponsoring, took a picture of them together, and I threatened her that starting then I had evidence.....

:haha

She wasn't alone. A lot of women crushed on Sundance ... or was he Butch? Great movie, by the way.

prof123 wrote:

The Dolphins were smitten by him, too, but they waited two years to see him do what he is doing right now at Oregon. He showed inconsistency and didn't show up big in big games. If they had a Crystal ball, they would have probably would have drafted Herbert. I'll have to go through my Draft mags and see if anyone had Herbert rated higher than Tua based on talent.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]