Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jakeem Grant traded
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dolphins have agreed to trade the jitterbug to the Chicago Bears for a sixth round pick in 2023

Post subject: Re: Jakeem Grant traded
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yay…. I am sure we will miss his 1 TD a year and like 5 fumbles and 10 dropped balls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Is this the message they hoped would scare teammates? I think its worth it but benching Austin Jackson or relieving one of the OCs of the title would have been louder.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:54 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

It was time. Put Waddle back there on KR and bring up Preston Williams and/or Merritt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:18 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

After that fumble last week, I think all of us are in agreement about giving him the boot. Trade Albert Wilson, too, as he hasn't done anything except keep Preston Wiliams inactive on game day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:22 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

vcu2000 wrote:
It was time. Put Waddle back there on KR and bring up Preston Williams and/or Merritt.

Do you really want to risk injury to your only receiver that's wortn a darn on this team??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:47 pm 

So what is the real take from this trade you say, glad you asked, glad you asked, it seems obvious that Miami must have a good team if other teams are willing to give up draft picks for the Phins rejects.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
vcu2000 wrote:

Do you really want to risk injury to your only receiver that's wortn a darn on this team??

Oh please….Parker is a darn fine player. Waddle is a slot receiver atm….not seeing anything special there yet, but I blame the coaches for now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
So what is the real take from this trade you say, glad you asked, glad you asked, it seems obvious that Miami must have a good team if other teams are willing to give up draft picks for the Phins rejects.

A 6th rounder is slightly more valuable than a box of Chiclets, especially in Grier’s incapable hands.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:45 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

6th rounder.....lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:06 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
6th rounder.....lol

Well, we got what we drafted in him as he was a 6th round draft pick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
Makchell wrote:
6th rounder.....lol

Well, we got what we drafted in him as he was a 6th round draft pick.

the relative value of the draft picks exchanged isn't the only criteria to establish break even or not....Grant's been here several years, has taken up a roster spot and taken time in practice with play repetition that perhaps kept other players from an opportunity, and the salary is flushed again with next to nothing in return. That sixth round choice will be gone in the first cuts in camp next year.

A net loss it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hope this trade highlights to some folks here what Grant's actual value is. I didn't see him making it out of preseason honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:10 pm 

carreramia wrote:
the relative value of the draft picks exchanged isn't the only criteria to establish break even or not....Grant's been here several years, has taken up a roster spot and taken time in practice with play repetition that perhaps kept other players from an opportunity, and the salary is flushed again with next to nothing in return. That sixth round choice will be gone in the first cuts in camp next year.

Want to bet a steak dinner on that last sentence of yours? I'll sweeten it for you. If he is cut at all in camp next year, I will buy you a steak dinner. Otherwise you just owe me top quality cheeseburger (not the McDonald's version). We'll settle up next time I come down for a game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

Want to bet a steak dinner on that last sentence of yours? I'll sweeten it for you. If he is cut at all in camp next year, I will buy you a steak dinner. Otherwise you just owe me top quality cheeseburger (not the McDonald's version). We'll settle up next time I come down for a game.

You are whooping it up and placing your shattered hopes all over a stinkin', lousy, 6th round pick? Is that how low your always half full glass has gotten in the last few weeks?

Tsk, tsk.... I tell you what, I don't have to wait, I'll buy you the steak dinner, at Ruth Chris, I'll send you the money, for both you and your wife, when the guy is cut you fly me and mine to western Virginia and show me the motorcycle roads I need to scout before I bring my bike team up there.

Here's a hint of a warning:

Category: Proof of Incompetent Sports Teams for .13 cents:

Answer: Blake Ferguson. Isiah Prince. Cornell Armstrong. Vincent Taylor. Jordan Lucas. Matt Hazel.

.....(insert here the Jeopardy ding dong song used when awaiting an answer).....ready?

Answer: What sixth round picks did the Dolphins draft in the last half dozen years?

Dind, ding, ding!!! We have a WINNER!!!

No need to explain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:42 pm 

Phinished wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

A 6th rounder is slightly more valuable than a box of Chiclets, especially in Grier’s incapable hands.

Thank you so much, you make me smile. I knew the contempt for Miami runs deep for some but I am still somewhat surprised when something said so obviously tongue in cheek still gets this type of response.

In all seriousness though I will complement Grier on getting anything for Grant. To me that is somewhat impressive and even though I am not a fan of Grier I will try to give credit when I can keep my bias in check.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:50 pm 

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

You are whooping it up and placing your shattered hopes all over a stinkin', lousy, 6th round pick? Is that how low your always half full glass has gotten in the last few weeks?

Tsk, tsk.... I tell you what, I don't have to wait, I'll buy you the steak dinner, at Ruth Chris, I'll send you the money, for both you and your wife, when the guy is cut you fly me and mine to western Virginia and show me the motorcycle roads I need to scout before I bring my bike team up there.

Here's a hint of a warning:

Category: Proof of Incompetent Sports Teams for .13 cents:

Answer: Blake Ferguson. Isiah Prince. Cornell Armstrong. Vincent Taylor. Jordan Lucas. Matt Hazel.

.....(insert here the Jeopardy ding dong song used when awaiting an answer).....ready?

Answer: What sixth round picks did the Dolphins draft in the last half dozen years?

Dind, ding, ding!!! We have a WINNER!!!

No need to explain.

Nowhere did I say that I expect to get anything of value with the 6th round pick that we get in the 2023 draft. I just said he wouldn't get cut in the 2022 preseason. But I'll take the steak dinner just the same -- thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:53 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

vcu2000 wrote:

All in on Merritt. Williams is just an injury looking for a place to get hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
6th rounder.....lol

They drafted him in Rd. 6, so not getting the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
reak even or not....Grant's been here several years, has taken up a roster spot and taken time in practice with play repetition that perhaps kept other players from an opportunity, and the salary is flushed again with next to nothing in return. That sixth round choice will be gone in the first cuts in camp next year.

A net loss it is.

Love the positive thinking. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
Answer: Blake Ferguson. Isiah Prince. Cornell Armstrong. Vincent Taylor. Jordan Lucas. Matt Hazel..

Proof some fans believe every pick should be a hit, while ignoring the misses of every other team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:00 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:

Nowhere did I say that I expect to get anything of value with the 6th round pick that we get in the 2023 draft. I just said he wouldn't get cut in the 2022 preseason. But I'll take the steak dinner just the same -- thank you.

’23, ’24 what’s the difference....I can’t believe this about a 6th round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:28 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Answer: Blake Ferguson. Isiah Prince. Cornell Armstrong. Vincent Taylor. Jordan Lucas. Matt Hazel..

Proof some fans believe every pick should be a hit, while ignoring the misses of every other team.

And that is proof of how some fans are deliriously sensitive. Get over it already, other team misses do not make Grier’s job look any better, nothing can, he’s made sure of that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
[

And that is proof of how some fans are deliriously sensitive. Get over it already, other team misses do not make Grier’s job look any better, nothing can, he’s made sure of that.

:headscratch Nope, but it is a gauge on things truly are in that role. Not every draft pick will turn into a HoF or even a starter. Sometimes, they are just misses, because your best guess is just that. Why? Because its a guessing game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:

What Rd. was Brady picked in? Asking for a friend. Yes aberrations happen, but they do happened.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:15 am 

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

It was a joke!!! I'm sorry you didn't get it ...

I'm glad we got something for Grant. I never thought he would make it out of training camp, actually. He was fine for a few years, but it was a mistake to give him the second contract, IMO. He will forever be remembered here as having the catch radius of a gnat.

Fuller doesn't look like he will be reliable, which is what I predicted months ago. So, we're an injury to Waddle away from having the same receiving group we had last year. Wait, check that ... Albert Wilson could yet give us something. Someone, anyone, please step up and make a play.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:30 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:

It was a joke!!! I'm sorry you didn't get it ...

It was more of a trick question....you knew I had missed the part of the pick being in ’23. But....ha, ha!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Wait, check that ... Albert Wilson could yet give us something.

It is time. Trade him, please.

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]